> Slow shooting & Public Free Roam
Slambo239
post Jul 5 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 58,629
PSN Name: Slambo239

I have not played PVP too much on this and have done the public Free Roam a few times. But i get frustrated that it seems that i cannot shoot fast enough(even with aim set to casual) against other human players. Even if we both have the same weapon i seem to get killed first more often than not. What am i not doing correctly? Maybe they are pushing up on the stick a little to get better head shots...i dont know.

And also, why does everybody have to shoot everybody they see in public free roam. Cant you just go in there and ride around or do your thing(hideouts, join a posse., etc)? I think there should be some sort of honor to it that if the other person does not raise their gun to you or fire at you then you should look elsewhere for a fight. Picking someone off unexpectedly is a punk move. I know you take your life into your own hands when you go public...but it is a waste of time to shoot other people as there is very little XP in it. I have not been in a public free roam yet where someone did not try to shoot me as soon as they saw me....only once did a guy ask me "what are your intentions". I thought that was perfect...very honorable. I was not there to fight at the time and he moved on. I tried to go in and help another guy with a hideout once and as soon as he saw me...he started going after me instead of the gang. If you want to fight players in the game...go into PVP or some other type of bag or shootout game or Hardcore Fee Roam. I find it funny and amazingly true that even these kind of video games says alot about the type of people we are as a society as a whole. Self centered and out for our own good only...or is that the way that just we we gamers are?
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Jul 5 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #2

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Maybe they are pushing up on the stick a little to get better head shots...i dont know.

Well, you do know...

And also, why does everybody have to shoot everybody they see in public free roam.

Same reason as Free Mode in GTA IV: those players are too shit to kill anyone in PvP games.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 5 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #3

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

it's the open-world rules applied here... it happened in GTA freeroam 95% of the time... it just turned into a huge deathmatch that earned no money or stats... it was pointless...

but, this game does a better job of eliminating that because, all of the game modes are initiated in freeroam... try sending posse requests when you join a match... send them to a gang of at least 3 and follow them around for a bit... usually they tackle hideouts but, sometimes they just go after other players... either way, try joining a posse early on and see what happens there...

you probably don't have a weapon strong enough to take out some of the other players... that could be your issue in that department... you've only been played around online for a little bit but, it takes hours to unlock decent weapons... another tip is you HAVE to be the one that shoots first and hits his target in these altercations to have any success... you have to anticipate their movements by paying close attention to the horizon and the dots on the map... there's a bit of skill to this and i would think that after a few more hours online, you'd start to see it...

your in the infant stages of online so, give it some more time...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 5 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #4

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 5 2010, 05:45 PM) *
...you have to anticipate their movements by paying close attention to the horizon and the dots on the map... there's a bit of skill to this and i would think that after a few more hours online, you'd start to see it...

This. If you see blips closing in on you then be prepared for a sniper's bullet to hit you any time soon. Joining posses dissuades others from attacking you, but if there is an 8 man posse and your posse only has 3 members you may still find youself being gangraped at times.

I'd say as soon as you start a game, either kill a lawman in Blackwater who's carrying a high powered pistol and grab it. Or complete the Twin Rocks hideout and get the Mauser in the back room... It doesn't matter if you die as you'll keep the weapons for the entire session. It may be worth grabbing a few more high powered weapons such as the Carcano rifle from Nosalida and the bolt-action rifle from Tumbleweed hideouts. Once you level up you get these weapons by default, making it much easier to take down foes... but even then you still have to watch your back.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 6 2010, 12:46 PM
Post #5

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I love how people join the forums just to rant and then in all likelihood disappear forever.

Anyway, on topic; I always keep an eye on my radar AND check the map regularly to see where everyone is. I also try to use cover at all times.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Slambo239
post Jul 11 2010, 02:08 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 58,629
PSN Name: Slambo239

Thanks for all the good advice. I found better weapons as fast as possible does help. And gee, I'll try not to to rant an dissapear either. I just didn't know there was a minimum requirement for posts and replies. I hope someone keeps tabs on me.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 08:04 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4