> playstation plus, thoughts on it ?
JamieMilne
post Jul 6 2010, 10:17 PM
Post #21

Hustler

Group: Staff
Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

so did you get different games from what i got in the uk cause i didnt see mortal kombat on my plus menu ?

automatic downloads is a godsend i think ohmy.gif, its pain waiting on demos downloading, games updating. if it does all this while im asleep and all i had to do was turn my ps3 on and everything was waiting on me, thats exellent lol.

what premium themes did you get, i got 'game is just the start' and a little big planet one.

i also got destruction derby ps1, but no rally cross.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 6 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #22

doesn't play well with others...

Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

no little big planet for americans, which sucks... i already own it but, i'd love to lend out my game to friends so i can play with them... mortal kombat II wasn't a free game but, it was 1/2 off for PSN+ users...

so basically, this is what i got:

wipEoutHD (PSN) (free)
rally cross (PSone) (free)
age of zombies (mini) (free)
collision theme (free)

and...

mortal kombat II and rampage world tour (each one $2.50 for PSN+ users)

there was more games discounted but, these were the only ones i was interested in

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post Jul 7 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #23

Hustler

how come uk and us have different ps1 classics on plus offer ?

how come uk and us have different ps1 classics on plus offer ?
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 7 2010, 05:50 AM
Post #24

i really don't know why... you guys have theme hospital and we don't... i fucking LOVE THAT GAME!! why can't we have it too?? why do the stores have to be different?? i won't rest until a waiting room full of patients have a disease i can't cure... and i keep sending them through diagnostics until they fall over and die in my hospital... i... ...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jul 7 2010, 07:40 AM
Post #25

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 262

wait, so there is new content and discounts every week?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 7 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #26

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jul 7 2010, 08:40 AM) *

Didn't b0nEs say every month?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jul 7 2010, 06:38 PM
Post #27

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 7 2010, 05:14 AM) *

oh yeah. I must have read over that.
It's just that the PS Store updated yesterday, and I assumed they were talking about their new Plus updates (this week).

which sort brings up a question: does the content of Plus change every month?
meaning, If I get plus next month, does that mean I won't get any of the games and discounts that were offered this month?

This post has been edited by ENVi3: Jul 7 2010, 06:40 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 7 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jul 7 2010, 02:38 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 7 2010, 05:14 AM) *

oh yeah. I must have read over that.
It's just that the PS Store updated yesterday, and I assumed they were talking about their new Plus updates (this week).

which sort brings up a question: does the content of Plus change every month?
meaning, If I get plus next month, does that mean I won't get any of the games and discounts that were offered this month?

you would miss out on this months discounts and freebies, yes... and i do think the + store changes on a weekly basis... not the maor freebies but, i thought i saw somewhere that said fieldrunner was a free game this week for + users so, maybe their are little freebies like that weekly... i don't know for sure yet though... i've only been a member for 2 days biggrin.gif...

but, there are monthly freebies, that's a given... but, there may be weekly feebies thrown in from time to time as well... i actually think there is a free minis game (fieldrunner) and a theme for this week...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jul 7 2010, 06:57 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 7 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #29

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 7 2010, 06:50 AM) *
i really don't know why... you guys have theme hospital and we don't... i fucking LOVE THAT GAME!! why can't we have it too?? why do the stores have to be different?? i won't rest until a waiting room full of patients have a disease i can't cure... and i keep sending them through diagnostics until they fall over and die in my hospital... i... ...

Funny, I was thinking about playing Theme Hospital a few minutes ago without even knowing this. It's a pity I sold it years ago.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 7 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #30

...you can always re-purchase it in the PS store, you lucky euro trash, you... theme hospital is easily one of the best PSone games IMO... i can't remember how many hours i wasted playing that game...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 7 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #31

Still Standing
Group Icon

I enjoyed Theme Park more. But Theme Hospital was a classic. I think i may still have parts of the disc laying around my house!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post Jul 7 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #32

Hustler

i have theme hospital downloaded on my ps3, i have no idea how to play it, my gf said she used to play it all the time and wanted it lol
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jul 14 2010, 07:53 AM
Post #33

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

it seems to me there's new stuff for Plus every week. Not major stuff like free games, but smaller stuff like discounts and themes, etc.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jul 16 2010, 03:13 AM
Post #34

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

I got Plus, I figured I should just get it this month so I could get Wipeout HD ... which turned out to be kind of lame because so far it's pretty much just like Wipeout Pure on PSP, except with better graphics and it's on the PS3. I mean it's a good game and all, but I already had it.

I'm looking forward to what the year brings. As long as I can get those $50 paid for (and more), I will be happy.

Also, It's kind of lame you can't pick what gets downloaded automatically. There is just a On or Off for all sort of deal with the automatic downloads. I would have it set to On if it was just game updates, but for now I don't want random videos and etc downloading.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 16 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #35

yea, the auto update is pointless for me... i don't mind taking the time to manually download updates...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jul 16 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #36

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

well, I would like the patches to be downloaded, since that way I can just boot up the game and play instead of booting it up and then having to wait some minutes before playing. It could be useful for those games I never really play much anymore, like Pain which I stopped playing for a while and then when I wanted to I had to download this massive update and I didn't feel like it so I just never played it again and the updates kept building up and I kept being too lazy to update it, until I just deleted the game.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jul 16 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #37

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jul 16 2010, 12:31 PM) *
well, I would like the patches to be downloaded, since that way I can just boot up the game and play instead of booting it up and then having to wait some minutes before playing. It could be useful for those games I never really play much anymore, like Pain which I stopped playing for a while and then when I wanted to I had to download this massive update and I didn't feel like it so I just never played it again and the updates kept building up and I kept being too lazy to update it, until I just deleted the game.

That's why you let it run when you're asleep, bozo.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jul 17 2010, 05:58 AM
Post #38

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

but then the PS3 doesn't shut off automatically, and I never thought about it unless I wanted to play the game (which I rarely did), so not such a big loss.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jul 26 2010, 04:50 AM
Post #39

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

some details explained : http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-V...ership-and-more
I wondered about this, and now my question is answered

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 26 2010, 08:00 AM
Post #40

Still Standing
Group Icon

So you only get the free stuff for as long as you subscribe...? I guess that's not so bad. Most people would have completed the free games by the time a year subscription comes out. But i know for a fact they will start making more interesting games free every month, just to keep your subscription going even longer!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 09:21 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4