> playstation plus, thoughts on it ?
JamieMilne
post Jun 30 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #1

Hustler

Group: Staff
Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

hey was looking to see if anyone had made a topic but it didnt show up on search so i made one lol

is anybody on here getting it, im thinkin about it , i prob will get it soon
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 30 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #2

doesn't play well with others...

Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

we were discussing it in the PS3 ID thread... i plan on getting this in a few days once i can finally update my system.. there's just too much value packed in a neat little $50 price tag... each month will net you free PSN games, exclusive demos and betas, free PS mini's and PSone classics... plus discounts on all games and even free avatars and themes...

it sounds like a hell of a deal to me... i'm sold...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post Jun 30 2010, 09:22 PM
Post #3

Hustler

im getting it on monday once i have money to spare lol.

im hoping it gets better but, cause some of the game they offer, i wouldnt play lol
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 30 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #4

i've always been interested in wipeout HD but, i never wanted to pay $20 play it... rally cross(Psone) and age of zombies(mini) seem like they're worth the price of FREE too... and my friend is borrowing my copy of litlebigplanet so, having a digital copy of it would be pretty sweet and would allow me to continue to loan it out to friends so i can play with them... i don't know, i just hope the games they offer for free continue to be worth it... if they start giving away shitty games no one plays then i will start to get upset...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jun 30 2010, 10:02 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post Jun 30 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #5

Hustler

im never been interested in wipeout hd either, but il download it since its free. i was reading that discounts change every month, so theyl not be available for ever? is it the same for the free games, will i not be able to get wipeout hd for free if i wait till next month to sign up ?
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 30 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #6

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I bought Wipeout HD a while back, and it is a good game, so it's worth getting if you haven't played it yet. I buy a lot of crap from PSN, so i need to wait for newer stuff to come out before i get Plus tbh, otherwise my money isn't really well used.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jul 1 2010, 07:13 AM
Post #7

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 30 2010, 05:02 PM) *
i've always been interested in wipeout HD but, i never wanted to pay $20 play it.

lol, I've been on the same boat for quite some time.
$50 for 15 months is only about $3.3 per month.
The only catch seems to be that whatever free stuff you get from Plus is only good for as long as you are subscribed. It'll only mostly suck if you get a good game the last month, and just for that it's almost like by force you have to renew, but if you were going to renew anyway, then I guess there's no problem.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 1 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #8

and in all honesty, $50/year isn't a bad investment for free shit... even if it's just to keep the games available that were free... it's like all subscription based things like netflix... why should you continue to rent movies after you've canceled your account? same thing applies with PSN+... at least the games that we pay even $1 for will still be available after the subscription runs out but, the free ones won't be...

xbox fanboys might think we are finally paying for online service but, it's far from the truth... we can still online game for free but, now we have an alternative option which almost rewards us for being a gamer... PSN+ is really cool concept IMO... i'm buying my year subscription this weekend biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jul 1 2010, 02:27 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 1 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #9

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 1 2010, 03:26 PM) *
and in all honesty, $50/year isn't a bad investment for free shit... even if it's just to keep the games available that were free... it's like all subscription based things like netflix... why should you continue to rent movies after you've canceled your account? same thing applies with PSN+... at least the games that we pay even $1 for will still be available after the subscription runs out but, the free ones won't be...

xbox fanboys might think we are finally paying for online service but, it's far from the truth... we can still online game for free but, now we have an alternative option which almost rewards us for being a gamer... PSN+ is really cool concept IMO... i'm buying my year subscription this weekend biggrin.gif...

Well, let me know about all the benefits you get from it in the first couple of months, because you might swing me. At the moment, I'm still not sure i want it yet, until they have some decent games on the list anyway.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jul 1 2010, 04:26 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jul 1 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #10

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

I'm with you Dup. That and I don't have $50. I'd rather spend it on drugs.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Jul 1 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #11

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

like others said, this looks good but im not sure i wanna pay $50 for it... specially now that im not playing that much...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jul 1 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Kamahl @ Jul 1 2010, 11:00 AM) *
specially now that im not playing that much...

Exactly. If it were 1-2 years ago when I was playing games for literally all my free time, I would buy it in a heartbeat. But I simply don't have the time anymore so I don't think the $50 would go to good use.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 1 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #13

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 1 2010, 08:04 PM) *

Exactly. If it were 1-2 years ago when I was playing games for literally all my free time, I would buy it in a heartbeat. But I simply don't have the time anymore so I don't think the $50 would go to good use.

I know why you don't want it. You've bought like every PSN game available. Don't lie, I've seen you trophy list! lol

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 1 2010, 07:24 PM
Post #14

lol, i was gonna say the same thing... analogkid has a TON of PSN game trophies... but, they're also giving away PSone classics and minis... i've already purchased a couple of these... i got the monopoly mini and the simcity 2000 PSone classic...

really, outside of those, echochrome and PAIN, i haven't purchased anything else so, this looks like a no-brainer for me... plus, mortal kombat II (a game i have seriously thought about buying) is 1/2 off with my membership in this first month so, again, i am sold...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jul 3 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 1 2010, 12:14 PM) *
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 1 2010, 08:04 PM) *

I know why you don't want it. You've bought like every PSN game available. Don't lie, I've seen you trophy list! lol

Actually, I've only paid for less than 10 of the PSN downloadable games. I have a friend who helps me out haha

This post has been edited by TheAnalogKid2112: Jul 3 2010, 09:11 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post Jul 6 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #16

Hustler

got a heavy rain demo automaticly downloaded this morning lol. too bad ive already played the game lol
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 6 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #17

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Downloaded the PS+ demo and shall check it out later but I'm a bit sceptical of the part which says you'll get 200* worth of games. Can't find the small print for the *.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 6 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #18

i turned the auto download function off, i don't need that shit... it's nice to get automatic updates but, i don't want the system to download crap that it thinks i would be interested in... videos, demos, etc... i have yet to see any use for that feature for me... plus, i am leery of my PS3 turning on and doing an automatic download while i am sleeping or at work... what happens if it locks up? it'll sit in that stage for hours, which can't be good on the system...

but other than that, i like the new PSN+... the free games are actually pretty good, minus "age of zombies" which to me is just some cheap flash game with an insane amount of enemies, which makes it no fun for me... i am sure a couple of my zombie-fan friends wouldn't mind playing it though...

wipeoutHD is a pretty good game though... i thought it was one of those small PSN titles but, this game is a full-fledged racing title... 8 stages, and about 60 races it looks like... tons of vehicles and challenges... and it's entertaining... comes with trophies, including a chance to get a platinum but, i doubt i could achieve this one because, i am not a great racer by any means...

rally cross is a fun arcade racer with some actually good car physics for a PSone classic... but, it's a game to play with friends, and not really something worth going through campaign mode with... although, i might give it a go someday just to unlock stuff...

the free premium theme is really sharp looking too... i like it...

mortal kombat II and rampage world tour ($2.50 each with PSN+) are just as good as i remembered them to be, and even includes an online mode for both which i have yet to check out...

---------------

all in all, the first month to me is worth about $25... not bad considering that i still have 14 more months of goodies and discounts to go biggrin.gif... if your like me and haven't really purchased much off the PSN, this could be worth the money... the only games i bought were jeopardy, worms, echochrome and PAIN... and i don't see any of those becoming the free game any time soon...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 6 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #19

Still Standing
Group Icon

Sounds cool. I might get it next month if i have the money to spare.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 6 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #20

i don't think the midway games discount will be available next month... but then again, $5 for MKII isn't a bad price anyways... i hope there's a nice selection of free stuff again next month biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:06 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4