Post #21

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

They're not saying jack shit about Saints Row 3. Red Faction: Guerilla came out after Saints Row 2, But Red Faction: Armageddon was announced now, with no SR3 in sight. Fuck Red Faction, I want my GTA clone.

Also, G4 had a brief hands-on demo of New Vegas. Shit was purdy. There's a new plasma-based heavy weapon. It's still semi-automatic like the other plasma weapons, though.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 16 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #22

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

damn, i'll have to check that out when i get home... i lost power when i finally sat down at my computer last night so, i didn't get to check all those damn gaming websites that are blocked at work...

i'd like a saints row 3 announcement too... i heard rumors that it's knee deep in production so, it's surprising that they haven't mentioned anything about it yet... has volition/THQ already done their presentation?

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jun 16 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #23

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I'm not sure. If they got stage time like EA and Ubisoft did, G4 didn't cover it. Scouring the webs now.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 16 2010, 07:26 PM
Post #24

so, not much is happening today, huh?? watched the gameplay video for new vegas but, that's about all i've found today...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jun 16 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #25

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

G4 doesn't start covering anything today until 6 pm, I don't know about everyone else.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jun 17 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #26

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Saints Row 3 was pulled from E3 at the last minute, they're gong to debut it at the 2010 Spike TV Awards in December. Apparently, they've spent a year completely rebuilding the tech for the game, which is good, because SR2's graphics were complete shit. SR1 had better graphics. Also, there's going to be a movie, which will be horrible.

I'm hoping the Saints Row movie will go the way of the Halo movie and be forgotten before something embarassing happens.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Jun 17 2010, 06:34 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jun 17 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #27

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

Twisted Metal is coming to PS3.
that is all I need to know from E3.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jun 17 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #28

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Did you see the footage from the reveal?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jun 17 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #29

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

you mean this one http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/15/...tedmetal_061510 ?
or the David Jaffe interview/gameplay?
the teaser trailer looks pretty great, but the gameplay video is hopefully still the game in early stages, because I didn't see much improvement from PS2's TM:B

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jun 17 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #30

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Yeah, the trailer + Sweet Tooth "live appearance" combo.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 17 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #31

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 17 2010, 02:33 PM) *
Saints Row 3 was pulled from E3 at the last minute, they're gong to debut it at the 2010 Spike TV Awards in December. Apparently, they've spent a year completely rebuilding the tech for the game, which is good, because SR2's graphics were complete shit. SR1 had better graphics. Also, there's going to be a movie, which will be horrible.

I'm hoping the Saints Row movie will go the way of the Halo movie and be forgotten before something embarassing happens.

that's pretty cool to know, actually... they know they have a very profitable franchise so, why not put a little more work into that aging engine... i didn't have a problem with the graphics but, i did have a problem with the physics... waaaaay too arcadish...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jun 17 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #32

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 17 2010, 04:19 PM) *
Yeah, the trailer + Sweet Tooth "live appearance" combo.

yeah, it looked badass. I haven't played any Twisted Metal in years, so I'm pretty sure I'm pretty rusty. I just don't want to get pwnd online.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jun 17 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #33

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I didn't even play the PS2 Twisted Metal, so I know I'm out of practice.

I want that ice cream truck, though.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 17 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #34

is it a crime to admit that i didn't like twisted metal?? then lock me up...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jun 18 2010, 12:04 AM
Post #35

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I didn't have Fallout or GTA back then, so I thought it was good times.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 18 2010, 02:05 AM
Post #36

i didn't really get excited about it too much this year... it seems like the only thing exciting so far has been fallout new vegas footage, the metal gear solid rising trailer, and the re-releases of a few PS2 games in HD like MoH: frontline and the sly cooper series... but no rockstar, which meant no agent, no LA noir, no GTA, no RDR DLC... it was all about the move and the kinect, of which both failed to truly impress... nintendo showed that they are ready to move on to the next level, while microsoft showed nothing new... sony had the 3D but, they were still following in nintendo's shoes with the move...

3rd place: microsoft... only the star wars demo showed that the kinect had come 'core potential... otherwise, it almost looked like they were clinging onto their well known franchises like gears, halo, and fable... all the while trying to steal the wii crowd from nintendo... metal gear rising was definitely the highlight of the show IMO...

2nd place: sony... while a little more impressive with their motion-controls, they still failed to show anything quite impressive... sorcery looked cool, heavy rain and killzone 3 are suppose to be compatible but, i am still not impressed yet... the 3D stuff is impressive but, it's still years away from being mainstream... the games showcased were decent but, when valve's gabe hit the stage and dropped the fact that steam was coming to the PS3, i was impressed... it could be the first signs of digital distribution on consoles... major stuff but, it still wasn't the best...

1st place: nintendo... they knew the competition came to show off their motion-controlled tech... so, they go in the opposite direction and show the old school hardcore crowd that they still have the games we all like... zelda, kirby, mario, donkey kong... and some older ones we forgot about like pilotwings kid icarus, and even pac-man... and then they show that they are on board with sony's vision of the future in 3D and release an almost-3D version of their handheld, including major franchises like metal gear, resident evil, saints' row, street fighter, etc...

it might not be "true" 3D but, if it's going to have hardcore style games as well as the 'core ones, i am down... it made me want to possibly buy a wii... and it's only because they announced the next zelda... the only one i have missed out on playing was majora's mask... i don't want to miss this one...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jun 18 2010, 02:25 AM
Post #37

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I have to agree with the order you have there.

I'm a huge Gears fanboy, so Gears 3 was Microsoft's highlight for me. For Sony, it was definitely Portal 2, especially since that guy said they would never put Portal on PS3. Nintendo... God damn, they dominated the show. They've failed at E3 since the Wii first came out, and they've made up for it. I'm actually going to be reading Wii articles now, even though I'd never buy one. Probably going to aquire a 3DS (which I'm sure will be expensive as fuck) through a "friend" for a much lower price once Saints Row: Drive By comes out.

To me, the new motion controls won't be moving any systems for Sony or Microsoft unless they get a big name like COD or GTA to support it, and I guarantee R* won't be making a GTA compatible with Kinect or Move, so it's up to COD on that front. 3D, on the other hand, I can see hitting mainstream within the next five years, and most games, GTA included, will get on that. It's the next step up, like HD. Whatever can better immerse us in our games will set the new standard for the industry, and if that means stupid glasses and overpriced TV's, we'll still be on board.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Jun 18 2010, 02:27 AM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 18 2010, 02:41 AM
Post #38

trust me, in five years, i think glasses will be pointless, i hope... 3D is the future and, nintendo's idea of using two separate screens to trick you like those holographic DVD covers is quite impressive... it's a poor man's 3D, which might be the smartest move right now, at least until the true 3D becomes mainstream... i am seriously considering a 3DS right now, no matter if it is $250+... fuck the 360, i want a 3DS now laugh.gif... i got the GBA advanced SP (limited NES edition, lol) but, i have been looking to jump into the next handheld generation... i think i found the answer, especially if i can still play chinatown wars... hell, it even converts games and movies in to 3D, thanks to that holographic screen biggrin.gif...

i admit, i never played portal because, i am not a big PC gamer, nor have i owned an xbox... but, it sounds like a huge announcement, and the fact that gabe has done a complete 180, and joined the darkside in the process is unbelievable... he's bashed sony for years and now, he praises them for allowing him to release steam... microsoft didn't want it because, they are very strict with what their "live network" does but, the PS3 was interested in the idea of expanding theirs...

but yea, it's going to have to take a company like R* or a major franchise like gears, COD or GTA to turn non-believers into believers when it comes to the motion controls... and even then, your gimping the online experience because, your going to have to create separate servers for those using motion controls because, i don't care what anyone says, a controller will always have the advantage...

motion controls << controllers << PC controls

it will always be but, never change...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jun 18 2010, 02:54 AM
Post #39

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

lol, I have that SP around here somewhere, too.

But anyway, with all this talk of 3D and motion controls, I can't help but think about how far off virtual reality could be, or if it's even possible. I don't mean heavy plastic goggles hanging off of my head, either. I mean like Matrix shit (minus the giant headphone jack stuck in my brain), with a computer transmitting images directly into my mind, with my nervous system effecting my in-game avatar's movements instead of my own. Can it even happen? It's weird how often I think about it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 18 2010, 02:58 AM
Post #40

i like everything about that idea except for the thought that if i died in virtual reality, i would die in real life... that 's what scares me but otherwise, i would love to start to see something like that... remember this commercial??

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jun 18 2010, 02:58 AM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 05:07 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4