Bain
post Jun 1 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #1

Rat
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 9,884

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/31/...bandage-repeat/

Tell me to fight a war the way you want it.

Do I really need to stress my opinion on this shit.

It has happened to my friend a few times, now.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

Pickles: +7
D-O: +88
Mekstizzle: +10
QD: -10
Frog Choker: + 13
Analogkid: -25
Psy: -8
Ast: +10
Treefitty: -10
Viceman: -59*
Massacre: +5
Spoiler: -14
Voodoo: +17

*= Fail
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Passionate Homo ...
post Jun 4 2010, 01:53 AM
Post #2

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (Spoiler @ Jun 2 2010, 03:06 AM) *
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jun 1 2010, 04:20 PM) *
The US is not party to any rules of war. Being said, we conduct warfare in this manner to eventually reinforce the ideology that American forces are there to help. Eventually, the guerilla fighter should come to realize that he has received better treatment and care under the invasionary force then his own.

It would help more if the Afghans weren't all stupid as shit though.

i think if not for today's state of the media, this ideology will be just that, ideology. and afghan would be vietnam all over again with agent yellow and others.
after all US is in it to win it. now their soldiers are paying the price for playing good guys.
Yes, Vietnam, that famous American victory.

Is that really the citadel? Are those the values of "freedom" and "patriotism" that we're all supposed to be fighting for?

Is there no feeling that at the most basic level, we should try and behave morally? Be the best, not just at killing people but at doing things for a reason? Sad, the other side will resort to any level of foul play. I don't begrudge them it: imagine yourself in their position. The thing I dispute is their doing it in the name of a higher power answerable to no one, but again that's something we can't claim the high ground on.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Jun 5 2010, 04:55 AM
Post #3

Rat
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,884

QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun 3 2010, 08:53 PM) *
QUOTE (Spoiler @ Jun 2 2010, 03:06 AM) *
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jun 1 2010, 04:20 PM) *
The US is not party to any rules of war. Being said, we conduct warfare in this manner to eventually reinforce the ideology that American forces are there to help. Eventually, the guerilla fighter should come to realize that he has received better treatment and care under the invasionary force then his own.

It would help more if the Afghans weren't all stupid as shit though.

i think if not for today's state of the media, this ideology will be just that, ideology. and afghan would be vietnam all over again with agent yellow and others.
after all US is in it to win it. now their soldiers are paying the price for playing good guys.
Yes, Vietnam, that famous American victory.

Is that really the citadel? Are those the values of "freedom" and "patriotism" that we're all supposed to be fighting for?

Is there no feeling that at the most basic level, we should try and behave morally? Be the best, not just at killing people but at doing things for a reason? Sad, the other side will resort to any level of foul play. I don't begrudge them it: imagine yourself in their position. The thing I dispute is their doing it in the name of a higher power answerable to no one, but again that's something we can't claim the high ground on.

Um yeah, we are there to help the good people like my Afghan teacher currently, who hates islam because the Talibs or Taliban came to the capital and killed between 60-80 thousands people in Kabul. Yeah there in an interesting part of history left out in most texts.

Anyway, doing the right thing, like you so cinematically wanted.
So, when you are on a patrol, where you stop at locals houses, ask for there medical needs, food needs, village needs in general (*This happens) and then you get ambushed or just random shots get fired at you by taliban, islamists, or others (*This happens) then you return fire to protect your life, and all the other squad members lives, oh, and if this sympathizer is down, he also cannot be the local bully to the Afghans who want peace. (*All that happens, people do want peace, others dont).

So, then, even though he is the enemy of innocence more importantly, and even on a lesser note, the American military life, because the innocent Afghan is clearly more important reason to protect, killing him, still wrong. Giving help to the man who knew he could try to continue homicide and terrorism, and totalitarianism among people who live in his country, is the right thing to do, because he knows we're trying to be good.......and uses our failed defense as his attack. Wow. You............nevermind.

*Denotes things a normal adult any place in the modern world should know but you refuse to accept.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

Pickles: +7
D-O: +88
Mekstizzle: +10
QD: -10
Frog Choker: + 13
Analogkid: -25
Psy: -8
Ast: +10
Treefitty: -10
Viceman: -59*
Massacre: +5
Spoiler: -14
Voodoo: +17

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Bain   I fucking hate these rules.   Jun 1 2010, 12:29 PM
- - Stoic Person Eater   Let Allah sort them out.   Jun 1 2010, 01:29 PM
- - Spoiler   those bastards are smart. no wonder US still has n...   Jun 1 2010, 02:49 PM
- - El-Nino   they should let the fuckers die, even if they are ...   Jun 1 2010, 03:40 PM
|- - Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester   QUOTE (El-Nino @ Jun 1 2010, 04:40 P...   Jun 1 2010, 03:50 PM
- - NukaLurk   The US is not party to any rules of war. Being sai...   Jun 1 2010, 04:20 PM
|- - TreeFitty   QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jun 1 2010, 12:20 PM) T...   Jun 1 2010, 07:26 PM
- - ViceMan   Wait, they were transported back to a military hop...   Jun 1 2010, 05:44 PM
- - NCP   The Afghans are often skinny fuckers, so if he is ...   Jun 1 2010, 07:15 PM
- - Spoiler   QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jun 1 2010, 04:20 PM) T...   Jun 2 2010, 02:06 AM
|- - NukaLurk   QUOTE (Spoiler @ Jun 1 2010, 10:06 PM) QU...   Jun 2 2010, 04:36 AM
- - Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester   QUOTE (Spoiler @ Jun 2 2010, 03:06 AM) QU...   Jun 4 2010, 01:53 AM
|- - Bain   QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun...   Jun 5 2010, 04:55 AM
|- - Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester   QUOTE (Bain @ Jun 5 2010, 05:55 AM) QUOTE...   Jun 5 2010, 02:46 PM
|- - Bain   QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun...   Jun 5 2010, 11:48 PM
- - demon   QUOTE (Bain @ Jun 1 2010, 02:29 PM) http:...   Jun 4 2010, 06:37 PM
- - Qdeathstar   I think its a good rule. they did forensic analysi...   Jun 4 2010, 10:40 PM
- - Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester   QUOTE (demon @ Jun 4 2010, 07:37 PM) QUOT...   Jun 4 2010, 11:02 PM
|- - demon   QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun...   Jun 4 2010, 11:26 PM
- - NukaLurk   Bain, don't be a dick. You don't know what...   Jun 5 2010, 06:43 AM
- - Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester   I'm sorry about the right-wing jibe, but it is...   Jun 6 2010, 02:35 AM
- - Bain   My point was that the tactics that put our troops ...   Jun 6 2010, 03:24 PM
- - Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester   While I appreciate that the opinion of Afghans is ...   Jun 6 2010, 05:55 PM
- - Bain   I can more or less say so-so to what you said so I...   Jun 7 2010, 12:50 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 02:26 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4