IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possible E3 List leaked, not confirmed (Including next GTA), GTA: Vice City 2? =/
SmC12
post May 24 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #21

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,961
XBL Gamertag: miitcho 08

QUOTE (SirPsychoSexy @ May 24 2010, 07:28 PM) *
Well, Hitman 5 was just announced, and it's on the list. It adds credibility to it, after all it was years since the last was released so it wasn't exactly easy to know that it would be shown at E3 this year (at least I guess it will be).

Actually I'm sorry, I can't find that article now, it was at the top of IGNs homepage, but now it's gone...

Saints Row 3 has also been announced. So has COD: Black Ops, and Little big Planet 2, and L.A. Noire.... most of the confirmed games have only been announced just recently, which gives me another reason to think that the person who made that list knew something about E3. (maybe he knows someone who is working at E3, or he works at E3 himself..) That list is definately not the official list that is used in the real event, BUT it's a copy of the real one. (i think)

There are quite a few confirmed titles in there, and someone must have a great imagiation and a huge amount of free time (and very sad life) to make up something like that.

Real i think, but we'll have to wait and see!

This post has been edited by SmC12: May 24 2010, 08:45 PM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 25 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #22

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 17 2010, 02:43 PM) *

Of course there are real game names in the list... you wouldn't believe a list with a load of games than aren't even rumoured or confirmed yet.

More than happy to eat my words if I'm wrong.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
SmC12
post May 25 2010, 07:51 PM
Post #23

Nobody Special

QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 25 2010, 01:30 AM) *

Of course there are real game names in the list... you wouldn't believe a list with a load of games than aren't even rumoured or confirmed yet.

Yeah, i know what you said.

I'm talking about how if this list was fake then the person who made it must still have some sort of inside info, because most of the confirmed games have only been confirmed just recently, so to be able to list them all AND make all those "fake" games (some of which were announced AFTER the list was discovered) is pretty strange, unless it's real.

I know there are some stupid and crazy people out there who would make fake lists like that, but there are also people who provide REAL info. To be able to judge whether this particualr info is fake or not is near impossible, some of the titles aren't beleivable and sound stupid i agree, but we would say that anyway even if it was real. When info like this is released, peoples first reaction is
"Oh VC2, that's stupid! Fake!" or "R* would never announce GTA at E3, they want to push RDR and Agent! Fake!"
Nobody knows if this info is real (except the person who made the list, obviously), we could say that it's fake because of the strange titles etc. but what if R* were actually planning on calling the next game GTA: Vice City 2? You would beleive it if you heard it from them, but when it's on paper of an upcoming, major gaming event, people think it's fake because Dan Houser isn't actually standing there announcing it, he wrote it down instead!

Again, i'm not saying this info is real, nor am i saying it's fake. Because nobody will know untill E3.
I'm just trying to open up some other possibilities that maybe perhaps R* are planning on announcing at E3, and they really are calling it Vice City 2! (highly unlikely that it will be called that, but we will all still buy it i'm sure, no matter what it's called!)

So, just because there are some unlikely titles in there, it doesn't mean that it's fake. It's because it's written on paper and it has never been mentioned before, that people think it's fake.
I bet if this list had been released before, let's say Fable 1 came out .. everyone would be like "Fable? What is that? Why would someone name a game Fable, it just sounds stupid!" - because they have never heard of it before, and the first time they see it mentioned is on paper, that has been leaked over the internet. But then when the company come out and say that they're releasing a game called Fable, people are like "Really? It's real? Kind of stupid, but ok! Wow, it looks awesome!". Don't assume it's fake because of the games on it, because those very games could be what your playing in the next year or so. They might sound stupid now, but will they be so stupid when they're sitting on your game shelf?

...And real or not, some of them sound pretty freakin good!

This post has been edited by SmC12: May 25 2010, 08:02 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post May 25 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #24

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Say it is actually something at E3....

Perhaps it could be some demonstration Rockstar is doing. Either with RAGE or something like that. Maybe it could be the next DS or other portable title. You never know.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jun 3 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #25

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

QUOTE (SmC12 @ May 25 2010, 08:51 PM) *

I'm talking about how if this list was fake then the person who made it must still have some sort of inside info, because most of the confirmed games have only been confirmed just recently, so to be able to list them all AND make all those "fake" games (some of which were announced AFTER the list was discovered) is pretty strange, unless it's real.

I know there are some stupid and crazy people out there who would make fake lists like that, but there are also people who provide REAL info. To be able to judge whether this particualr info is fake or not is near impossible, some of the titles aren't beleivable and sound stupid i agree, but we would say that anyway even if it was real. When info like this is released, peoples first reaction is
"Oh VC2, that's stupid! Fake!" or "R* would never announce GTA at E3, they want to push RDR and Agent! Fake!"
Nobody knows if this info is real (except the person who made the list, obviously), we could say that it's fake because of the strange titles etc. but what if R* were actually planning on calling the next game GTA: Vice City 2? You would beleive it if you heard it from them, but when it's on paper of an upcoming, major gaming event, people think it's fake because Dan Houser isn't actually standing there announcing it, he wrote it down instead!

Again, i'm not saying this info is real, nor am i saying it's fake. Because nobody will know untill E3.
I'm just trying to open up some other possibilities that maybe perhaps R* are planning on announcing at E3, and they really are calling it Vice City 2! (highly unlikely that it will be called that, but we will all still buy it i'm sure, no matter what it's called!)

So, just because there are some unlikely titles in there, it doesn't mean that it's fake. It's because it's written on paper and it has never been mentioned before, that people think it's fake.
I bet if this list had been released before, let's say Fable 1 came out .. everyone would be like "Fable? What is that? Why would someone name a game Fable, it just sounds stupid!" - because they have never heard of it before, and the first time they see it mentioned is on paper, that has been leaked over the internet. But then when the company come out and say that they're releasing a game called Fable, people are like "Really? It's real? Kind of stupid, but ok! Wow, it looks awesome!". Don't assume it's fake because of the games on it, because those very games could be what your playing in the next year or so. They might sound stupid now, but will they be so stupid when they're sitting on your game shelf?

Irrefutable Proof.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Jun 5 2010, 05:41 AM
Post #26

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Asthenia @ Jun 3 2010, 05:41 PM) *
QUOTE (SmC12 @ May 25 2010, 08:51 PM) *

Irrefutable Proof.

It's not proof that the list was fake. They just recently decided to pull out of E3 but they were going to be there originally. "time constraints" was the reason given...

the list is fake, though. But thats not proof the list is fake. The proof is that Vice City 2 is a faggotty name.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
SmC12
post Jun 9 2010, 11:07 PM
Post #27

Nobody Special

I beleive if i remember correctly, R* pulled out of E3 because they had too much stuff to for the event.
It's been announced recently that they will be holding their own event shortly after E3 is over, and apparently "something big" is planned. (Hmm... what's R*'s biggest project ever?)
I don't have a link but it's being talked about all over GTAForums.com and various other GTA 5 sites, so i thought i'd post it here.
Not sure on the exact date but it's after E3, they recently had their financial conferene, (yesterday i think) and that was just guys in suits talking about numbers, nothing about upcoming games. But hopefully we'll see something regarding GTA at this other event of theirs.

And there is still nothing to prove if that list is fake or not, but at least it's proof that R* were originally going to attend E3! And most people were stating how they hardly ever go to E3 and just host their own events instead (like they're doing now).

Oh well, E3 isn't far away now so who knows what new stuff we'll see, i'm pretty sure Take-Two are still attending though.

This post has been edited by SmC12: Jun 9 2010, 11:11 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jun 10 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #28

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

I don't even know when E3 is. I'll be following R*'s event on a minute-by-minute news page if anyone does one. Like I just said in the L.A. Noire topic; R* and Media Molecule are the only devs I ever look forward to stuff from anymore.

Also; "something big" usually means a new GTA, and I hope to fuck it is, cause I'm ready for it. But just keep this in mind; There's no info on Agent yet, and there will be soon. And they're hailing that as a big project at the moment. L.A. Noire too, Max Payne 3 (2nd biggest game they have? That or MC), I'd imagine they're working on a new Midnight Club by now, which would be ripe for some news by now... As far as I know, R* are working on the most amount of games at one time right now than before, and Agent is being developed by North, the GTA developers. So I'm not expecting much. And let's not forget the worst part of all...

If there is a new GTA announced at the event; all we can expect is a "Oh, yeah. The follow up to GTA IV is coming..." and a single screenshot, or two. Damn cock-teasers.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jun 10 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #29

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

if we even get a screenshot or any hint at all where it'll be.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
SmC12
post Jun 19 2010, 02:22 AM
Post #30

Nobody Special

Okay, so E3 is over and some of that stuff on the list was real.

Unfortunately no "Vice City 2" (i know they pulled out). Personally i think it's best that R* decided to pull out, i watched the E3 Live show on IGN and i just couldn't imagine a GTA announcement amognst the new Xbox, the PlaystationMove and Kinect conferences. (don't forget 3D!) GTA 5 would just have been drowened by all of the other big things at the event (i don't mean that nobody would take notice of the new GTA, but you know what i mean).

I think it's much better for them to do it in their own time and at their own event. R* don't need E3, they're too good for that!
Let's wait and hope that we see something in the next weeks/months or whenever their conference thingy is.

..Now this month has been full of R* speculation and Rumours.

First of all, GTA: V is apparently in testing!! An interveiw with a supposed R* employee confirmed that he had been testing out GTA: V. And he was talking about how RDR had been the focus for a while, but it was all about GTA now.

Obviously, just like the E3 list (i don't want to make another rumour thread lol) there is no way to confirm this info unless clearly stated by an official R* employee. But that's not to say that it isn't true. And it also doesn't mean that because it's in testing then it'll be released soon (not a bad thing though), it could just be some simple testing to make sure that their work so far on the game has turned out well. If they waited untill the end of production before they tested it, then they would no doubt come accross a ton of unknown bugs, which would result in a delay of the game as usual. Maybe R* have learned something this time?

I'm not assuming anything here or jumping to any conclusions, but i don't find it that crazy for GTA to be in testing. Like i said, it doesn't have to mean that it's pre-launch testing because obviously we would have heard something ages ago.

Anyways, just like everything else, we'll just have to wait and see i guess!
- Source: http://www.thebitbag.com/2010/06/17/grand-...testing-stages/
- Original Thread: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=451764

...Ah, nothing like the good ol' GTA speculation lol.

Enjoy! smile.gif And post your thoughts.

This post has been edited by SmC12: Jun 19 2010, 02:24 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jun 19 2010, 06:01 AM
Post #31

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

I think it should go without saying that they test things all the way through production. Add a car, test it. Add a mission, test it. etc etc. As you said, "If they waited untill the end of production before they tested it, then they would no doubt come accross a ton of unknown bugs". What exactly is being tested would be a good thing to know but that's generic rumors for you. Everyone draws their own conclusions.

The legitimacy of the source is a whole 'nother issue on its own. tongue.gif

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jun 19 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #32

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Kuwong tests games, and TF is right... why would a R* employee even bother, it's like Dan or Sam Houser coming out at this event they're doing and just saying "GTA IV-2 has been in development since GTA IV was finished with!" ... it's obvious... and yes, it's GTA IV-2, not GTA V. sleep.gif IV through this generation, V next gen.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
SmC12
post Jun 19 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #33

Nobody Special

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jun 19 2010, 07:01 AM) *
I think it should go without saying that they test things all the way through production. Add a car, test it. Add a mission, test it. etc etc. As you said, "If they waited untill the end of production before they tested it, then they would no doubt come accross a ton of unknown bugs". What exactly is being tested would be a good thing to know but that's generic rumors for you. Everyone draws their own conclusions.

The legitimacy of the source is a whole 'nother issue on its own. tongue.gif

Yeah the site looked strange to me too. There was very little detail and the article was poorly written.
I guess your right, it's always big news when stuff like this is talked about, people make a big deal out of it, sometimes too big a deal out of it!

I suppose people are just desperate to get some GTA info, so they assume a normal testing procedure is actually big news that GTA is ready.
But because the source didn't have much info, it's unknown what the R* employee was actually talking about because apparently it was just a conversation that was overheard, they could have been talking about anything but the person might just have picked up on the GTA stuff.

I still hope for GTA to be anounced soon though, and i'm pretty sure it will be.

QUOTE (Αsthenia @ Jun 19 2010, 10:36 AM) *
Kuwong tests games, and TF is right... why would a R* employee even bother, it's like Dan or Sam Houser coming out at this event they're doing and just saying "GTA IV-2 has been in development since GTA IV was finished with!" ... it's obvious... and yes, it's GTA IV-2, not GTA V. sleep.gif IV through this generation, V next gen.

Some people have their views on the Era numbering, personally i think it's almost guarenteed that we'll see V in this era!
And don't forget that TBOGT and TLAD were basically the additions to the IV era. So the new GTA might actually be the V era, just a thought but it's possibble.

Also, apparently (my new favorite word lol) R* revealed L.A. Noire at E3, but it was behind closed doors to a crowed of journalists and designers.
And also the game blew them away with the cutscenes and character detail etc.

If your interested (not GTA 5 info i know):
- Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/artic...09&skip=yes

Now, if L.A. Noire is this detailed, then i think i can be pretty confident in saying that GTA: V/5/Vice City 2/Bogota...whatever will be even more detailed and full of amazing character graphics, and with the new improvements to the game engine with RDR, i think it's going to be a pretty damn good GTA game!! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SmC12: Jun 19 2010, 03:41 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jun 19 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #34

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Era? Yes, I'm fairly sure we'll see GTA: V this Era. I'm also sure the next GTA will be IV-2. Same engine, same Numeral. They haven't developed their engine this far just to scrap IV and start on V. They'll push RAGE as far as they can while San Diego are probably as we speak, developing the successor to RAGE. I promise you this. And seeing as you seem to live in England, if I'm wrong I'll send you a cheque for 10.

Thanks for the L. A. Noire link, CVG are a reputable source... Funny that everyone reporting on anything GTA IV-2 related are small-time sites that aren't good sources. As soon as anything that's true comes out, we will know about it. I've been following games long enough to know how it works on our end. We're in the rumour mill at the moment.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
SmC12
post Jun 19 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #35

Nobody Special

I meant the GTA Era! I think V will be in he GTA IV Era, but it won't be called IV-2, it will be called GTA 5/V. - My opinion.

And i look forward to your check lol, btw i live in Scotland, not England. Actually i don't live too far from where GTA X (that better? give it the unknown feel) is being made right now. Anyways, most people refer to the neXt GTA as V or 5. You may not agree but that's just what it's commonly refferred to, for now.
Everything about GTA is unknown, that's what makes the rumours and sepculation so great and different from any other game!

RAGE will be R*'s main gaming engine for a long time yet, they've only just started improving on it with RDR.

Your welcome for the LA Noire link.
I think that other site about the testing was legit, but i think they made a big deal out of something that was probably very small.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 24 2010, 05:49 AM
Post #36

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Why don't we just call it GTA Cock for now. No one will argue that.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jun 24 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #37

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

NO! it's GTA Rooster!

(farm setting???? ohmy.gif )

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post Jun 27 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #38

Hustler

Group: Staff
Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

it wont be called V, or 5, it will most likely be called after a city.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jun 28 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #39

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I wish I could hypothetically beat the fuck out of everyone who created a retarded speculation thread.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 2 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #40

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (JamieMilne @ Jun 27 2010, 12:56 PM) *
it wont be called V, or 5, it will most likely be called after a city.

Yeah this is inevitable. Because they are 99% most likely using the RAGE engine, it will not be a software update, just a city update. So they will not give it a new number for this reason. That's just how R* role.

And yeah like stoic, i never believed a word of this thread when it was started, and wish people would just wait for real info. Because rumors are dumb and sometimes the hype they create can actually ruin a game... It's true.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 03:23 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4