> The Early Missions
BAMF
post Apr 30 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #1

Litterer

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,181
XBL Gamertag: Serotonin777

I cannot wait to dive into the world of RDR!

I was recently starting Niko's story over again for the third time (having played the main story line and each of the DLCs through twice -- in the last two years -- talk about replay value!!) and I was overcome by a feeling of nostalgia as I played through the early missions of GTA IV. You know what I mean, when your biggest problem is Vlad, when Roman's taxi depot is still humming with business and when a pistol and a baseball bat is still all you need to grub up a little cash and show certain unfortunates who the boss is. I stopped and took a deep breath, shot a few rounds of pool with Jacob and knew that it was still all in front of me!

I for one am going to savor the early missions of RDR. I'm going to take a deep breath, soak in the scenery and get some good practice in on lassoing SOBs, skinning critters and killing what I aim at.

I'm going to cherish what meager innocence and simple challenges RDR has to offer in the early missions because I know that sh*t is gonna get ugly real quick!

ROCK ON!!
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
BAMF
post May 4 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #2

Litterer

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,181
XBL Gamertag: Serotonin777

The other thing about early missions during your first go through is that you have not yet learned where the hidden weapons and quick money are at!

I will never forget stepping out of Niko's safe house for the very first time. I was flat broke so I figured I'd mug the first pedestrian to cross me - just like back home at the Johnson's house in SA tongue.gif - and I proceeded to get my ass handed back to me by one of those Russian fucks! From there I turned LEFT and only realized after it didn't matter any more that the easiest way to make fast money was to whack people as they stepped away from the ATM just a block in the other direction! LOL.

I anticipate a rough go with RDR. On the other hand, I am red dead certain some offer I can't refuse is gonna pull me away from another round of horseshoes and throw me into the thick of some sick mess! I just pity the SOBs once I get my bearings!! -- Especially on the second go round! thumbup.gif
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 05:33 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4