> What's up with the Jews?
Spoiler
post Mar 13 2010, 03:22 AM
Post #1

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 26,196

Nowadays, everyone could rub it in the face of US. funny how the old allies are making headlines than the adversaries.

WASHINGTON Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Friday delivered a stinging rebuke to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for his government's announcement this week of new Jewish housing in east Jerusalem, calling it "a deeply negative signal" for the Mideast peace process and ties with the U.S.
The State Department said Clinton spoke to Netanyahu by phone for 43 minutes to vent U.S. frustration with Tuesday's announcement that cast a pall over a visit to Israel by Vice President Joe Biden and endangered indirect peace talks with the Palestinians that the Obama administration had announced just a day earlier.
The length and unusually blunt tone of Clinton's call underscored the administration's concern about prospects for the negotiations it has been trying to organize for more than a year and its anger over Israel's refusal to heed U.S. appeals not to make provocative gestures.
"The announcement of the settlements on the very day that the vice president was there was insulting," Clinton said in an interview with CNN Friday. "It was just really a very unfortunate and difficult moment for everyone, the U.S., our vice president who had gone to reassert America's strong support for Israeli security, and I regret deeply that that occurred and made that view known."
Clinton called "to make clear that the United States considered the announcement to be a deeply negative signal about Israel's approach to the bilateral relationship and counter to the spirit of the vice president's trip," State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley told reporters.
"The secretary said she could not understand how this happened, particularly in light of the United States' strong commitment to Israel's security and she made clear that the Israeli government needed to demonstrate not just through words but through specific actions that they are committed to this relationship and to the peace process," he said.
The harsh criticism of America's closest Mideast ally and questions about its commitment to the U.S.-Israeli relationship followed equally blunt condemnation of the housing announcement from the White House and Biden himself.
It also comes ahead of a trip to the region by U.S. Mideast peace envoy George Mitchell and a meeting in Moscow next week of the Quartet of Mideast peacemakers that Clinton will attend.
Hours after the call to Netanyahu, the Quartet the U.S., European Union, United Nations and Russia denounced the Israeli announcement in a statement from the world body's headquarters in New York where Clinton was addressing a commission on the status of women and meeting with U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon.
"The Quartet has agreed to closely monitor developments in Jerusalem and to keep under consideration additional steps that may be required to address the situation on the ground," the statement said.
It did not elaborate on what steps it would consider but said the Quartet members "would take full stock of the situation" when they meet in the Russian capital next Friday.
The Quartet has long urged both Israel and the Palestinians not to take any steps that could hinder peace talks. Crowley stressed that the United States objected to both the content and timing of the announcement and said Clinton had "reinforced that this action had undermined trust and confidence in the peace process and in America's interests."
Netanyahu has apologized for the timing, though not the substance, of the announcement to approve 1,600 new homes for Jews in east Jerusalem. The international community does not recognize Israel's annexation of east Jerusalem captured in the 1967 Mideast war and the Palestinians see that part of the city as their own future capital.
Earlier Friday, an Israeli cabinet minister said the government is moving to amend the country's planning procedures on sensitive political decisions because of the embarrassing diplomatic flap. Netanyahu has said he was not aware the announcement was going to be made during Biden's visit.
The Israeli announcement enraged the Palestinians and Arab states, jeopardizing the proximity talks Mitchell is to mediate. An Arab League advisory committee has already withdrawn its endorsement of the discussions.
In a bid to salvage those negotiations, Mitchell and the top U.S. diplomat for the Middle East, Jeffrey Feltman, called Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, Arab League chief Amr Moussa and the foreign ministers of Egypt, Jordan, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates over the past two days, Crowley said.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 15 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Alex sent me a message on Google Talk. According to his account, his last name is Kaufman.

Other than that, I really can't afford to pay any attention to the State of Israel in any way, shape or form.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Mar 18 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #3

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

we need to blow israel up, it really would solve a lot of problems.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Spoiler
post Mar 18 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #4

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 26,196

ok, not much interesting topic i guess. biggrin.gif one who doesn't care and one who is a terrorist.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Mar 18 2010, 10:35 PM
Post #5

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Well when you have special education children like Alex running around, Israel seems like the perfect place to take out.

at the OP, the Jews fucked up. There will never be peace out there until they blow each other up and everyone is dead. Then the next wave of countries wanting to take over will fight. All because of religion.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Mar 21 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #6

Rat
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,884

I cant even read this topic. Every time I see the title on the website index I just laugh and say, 'whats up with the jews....' Lol.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

Pickles: +7
D-O: +88
Mekstizzle: +10
QD: -10
Frog Choker: + 13
Analogkid: -25
Psy: -8
Ast: +10
Treefitty: -10
Viceman: -59*
Massacre: +5
Spoiler: -14
Voodoo: +17

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
bobert
post Apr 7 2010, 02:05 AM
Post #7

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,985

Having the Jews as an ally has and always will cause american hatred in the middle east. We basically have to babysit them and make sure they dont pop off or engage Iran. Honestly i think we just need to pull another false flag black op deal and bomb the jews and blame it on the Iranian so we can kill two dumbasses with one stone.

--------------------
IPB Image
Its time for you to be maimed.
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Apr 16 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #8

Capo

Member No.: 42,672

Israel is more than Jews. Focus less on jews and more on politics. This is about Israel and Palestine.

I don't support everything Israel does, but I'm generally on their side. Everyone has to reap what they sow, the Palestine people too. They elected a terrorist organization as their government so screw them.
But sometimes I think Israel goes too far with their military attacks.

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Apr 16 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #9

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (demon @ Apr 16 2010, 11:52 AM) *
Israel is more than Jews. Focus less on jews and more on politics. This is about Israel and Palestine.

I don't support everything Israel does, but I'm generally on their side. Everyone has to reap what they sow, the Palestine people too. They elected a terrorist organization as their government so screw them.

Alex?
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Apr 16 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #10

Capo

Member No.: 42,672

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 16 2010, 11:57 AM) *
QUOTE (demon @ Apr 16 2010, 11:52 AM) *

Alex?

Troll?

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 03:46 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4