IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just Cause 2 - First Impressions, My mind has been blown to fucking pieces.
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 24 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #61

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I think multiplayer might ruin the game to be honest. It would be fun to trick out with someone else, but given the sheer size of the game and the surrounding environments, I don't know how it would be able to handle multiplayer matches. There is DLC on the way, multiplayer would be awesome if they could find some way to integrate it into the game.

I've put my entire backlog on hold and kind of regret buying Dante's Inferno the other day as I will likely not be able to get to it for a long time.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 24 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #62

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I would actually start paying for online again if this had multiplayer.

I've been playing for a little while today, and I've actually gotten fast enough with the grappling hook to do some Spider-Man-style webslinging. Fucking awesome.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 24 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #63

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 24 2010, 01:42 PM) *
I would actually start paying for online again if this had multiplayer.

I've been playing for a little while today, and I've actually gotten fast enough with the grappling hook to do some Spider-Man-style webslinging. Fucking awesome.

Nothing better than scaling buildings then catapulting into the air using the parachute and a sexy gust of wind.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 24 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #64

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i was actually thinking more like co-op multiplayer... i don't think a deathmatch mode would work in this game... but, having someone else help you during the story missions would be super awesome...

i've only played the demo once for 30 minutes... but, i might try to play it again tonight or something... i never fired it up again because i thought that after your 30 minutes were up, the demo was over... i might see if that's the case or if i missed my opportunity of multiple plays by not quitting the demo with seconds left... if the demo continues to work then, it might be enough for me to keep my tide over until the summer...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 24 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #65

Boss
Group Icon

I heard that the PS3 has a feature where you can upload clips directly to Youtube. The videos are already starting to pop up. Pretty cool.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 24 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #66

Boss
Group Icon

Check this out. I don't watch LOST, but I thought it to be incredible. Apparently if you fly a plane over this island, it will automatically explode. There is also writing on the beach and some kind of hatch. It's the most northwest island. Here's is a video from Youtube.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 24 2010, 08:39 PM
Post #67

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I'm taking a short break from the missions, so I'll go there right now.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Mar 24 2010, 11:11 PM
Post #68

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 24 2010, 09:47 AM) *
terrible voice acting

Amen. Every time I play the demo, "MY NAME IS BOLO SANTOSI" gives me a fucking migraine.

So, bad mistake ordering from Amazon. It just shipped today. Stoic, Massacre, you guys are making me so excited. I can't fucking wait until it arrives! It seems like it's going to be a billion times better than I expect!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 25 2010, 02:45 AM
Post #69

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

So, after I finished exploring Lost island (I never did find the fucking hatch), I flew to the titty blimp, which took forever. Do you have to deploy your parachute to get the base jumping achievement?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 25 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #70

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 24 2010, 10:45 PM) *
So, after I finished exploring Lost island (I never did find the fucking hatch), I flew to the titty blimp, which took forever. Do you have to deploy your parachute to get the base jumping achievement?

Yeah, I am pretty sure you have to fall 1000+ meters and then pull your cord. Mine was like 1056, it tells you in the top right hand corner. I jumped off the tail fin of the blimp for maximum height. If you hit the water, I don't think it counts.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Mar 25 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #71

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

After playing the demo a few more time I'm considering skipping EFLC to get this...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 25 2010, 04:31 PM
Post #72

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 25 2010, 09:39 AM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 24 2010, 10:45 PM) *

Yeah, I am pretty sure you have to fall 1000+ meters and then pull your cord. Mine was like 1056, it tells you in the top right hand corner. I jumped off the tail fin of the blimp for maximum height. If you hit the water, I don't think it counts.
There's my problem, then.

I've started traveling using only the parachute and grappling hook. It's about as fast as using a car, and it's much more scenic.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Mar 25 2010, 04:34 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 25 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #73

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 25 2010, 12:31 PM) *
I've started traveling using only the parachute and grappling hook. It's about as fast as using a car, and it's much more scenic.

Yes, I've developed quite a rhythm to parachute traveling.

I played some more last night and there are so many little gems of awesomeness scattered all over this game. One of my favorite thing has to be the physics of the game. Shoot out someone's tire at high speeds and their vehicle flips out of control, crashing in a fiery explosion. Good stuff.

Massacre, how far along are you? I haven't done many side missions, but last night I got through Mission 3.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 25 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #74

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I've finished the first several faction missions (the three or four in each faction's area after doing the initial three strongholds), but I haven't done the first Agency Mission yet. I'm 8% through. I spent the whole day yesterday exploring, I might get back to the storyline today.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Mar 29 2010, 03:15 AM
Post #75

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Ok so I got to play the first mission(s) up until I jumped on that drunk guy's car to fight off the military. Fucking amazing. Now back to playing.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 29 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #76

Boss
Group Icon

I've been playing all weekend, still the greatest game I've ever played. I've spent the majority of my time roaming, exploring new settlements. I've also been collecting a shitton of crates (weapons upgrades, vehicle upgrades, health upgrades and cash) and trying to get 100% completion. It's fairly easy in the smaller civilian settlements, some only have 1-3 crates and no sabotages. Anyway, my Rico is MAD upgraded. I've also been doing shit tons of faction collectibles (little blue dots) for some extra cash. Money is no longer an issue.

I just completed the 4th storyline mission last night. The "plot" is getting ridiculous, but it's still amazing. The 4th mission introduces some pretty crazy shit (ninja's with uzis?) and some bad ass action stunts. I don't want to give much away in spoilers, but it's awesome. Each mission is full of excitement. Much better than any GTA experience I've ever had.

Also, there's a whale. Check it out.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 29 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #77

lol laugh.gif... here comes PETA, i can just sense their presence... i bet this game is littered with easter eggs too...

you've only done 4 missions, stoic? is that because there are only so many or is it because you've barely been working through the story? i really wish R* didn't do this to me... they must of known i was interested in spending my money on a different gaming companies sandbox game in april mad.gif...

the episodes better be some good fun... lol, i'm sure they are since i LOVED GTAIV... but, i am passing on potentially one the greatest sandbox games ever!! well, not the story or graphics part but, the "sandbox" part biggrin.gif... summer can't get here soon enough!!

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 29 2010, 09:06 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 29 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #78

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

He's only done four story missions. There are dozens of faction missions for the three gangs in the area.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 29 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #79

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 29 2010, 04:37 PM) *
lol laugh.gif... here comes PETA, i can just sense their presence... i bet this game is littered with easter eggs too...

you've only done 4 missions, stoic? is that because there are only so many or is it because you've barely been working through the story? i really wish R* didn't do this to me... they must of known i was interested in spending my money on a different gaming companies sandbox game in april mad.gif...

the episodes better be some good fun... lol, i'm sure they are since i LOVED GTAIV... but, i am passing on potentially one the greatest sandbox games ever!! well, not the story or graphics part but, the "sandbox" part biggrin.gif... summer can't get here soon enough!!

There's quite a few easter eggs, there's one with a "shark", there's also a bubble gun and the aforementioned Lost hatch (which I solved the mystery of - though a mission).

I'm only through the fourth storyline mission, of which I think there are eight total. There's a shitton of faction missions which are "go here, kill this guy/blow this shit up" - standard sandbox fare. The storyline missions are a little more indepth and longer; "go here, kill all these motherfuckers/blow all this shit up"

It's definitely the ultimate sandbox playground. There's nothing you can't do. I am excited about Red Dead though, but I am ultimately glad it was delayed.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 29 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #80

i see (concerning the missions)...

april is episodes month and may is RDR month... yet, maybe i could of purchased this game if i managed my budget better since march was originally my episodes month, which got pushed back a month... so, march could of been just cause 2 month mad.gif... now june or probably more likely july will be... and hey, it might $40 too by that time...

i will be in jacksonville in about a week and a half so, make some room on the couch stoic, i might stop by to play this biggrin.gif... you still live next to that abortion clinic?

EDIT: i thought i read somewhere that the PS3 version has a built-in video recorder? is that true??

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 29 2010, 09:14 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 09:56 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4