IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unknown PC Problem, Its being a douche.
TwoFacedTanner
post Mar 14 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #21

Clepto

Group: Members
Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE (DonkeyTits @ Mar 14 2010, 01:17 AM) *
cpu fan works?

it works, but we ulled off the heat sink and the thermal compound had dried up, soif this doesnt work, fuck it.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Apr 14 2010, 06:19 AM
Post #22

Leece

Member No.: 24,792

Ok dudes, I have a problem I think is similar to this. I turned off my computer and later when I went to restart it it comes up with the "Windows did not shut down properly" thing. So I press "Start windows normally", it goes to the Windows loading screen with the loading bar, and then comes up with a blue screen and then restarts. It does this if I press "Last working configuration" as well. The blue screen flashes in like half a second so I have no idea what it says. I've been fiddling around with the F2 setup and stuff but I can't find anything wrong with it. The PC is pretty old, like 3 years, and I only use it to browse the net and use Word. Has 1 GB of RAM. Not sure on what BIOS revision but I could check. Any ideas? I don't really wanna wipe the hard drive because then I'd need to install XP again, meaning I'd have to go buy another copy?

PS: It is definitely not the RAM or fan, I checked both of these by booting to the Dell utilities partition.

EDIT: BIOS is apparently revision 1.0.3. Old?

This post has been edited by 0bs3n3: Apr 14 2010, 06:31 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Spoiler
post Apr 14 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #23

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 26,196

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Apr 14 2010, 06:19 AM) *
Ok dudes, I have a problem I think is similar to this. I turned off my computer and later when I went to restart it it comes up with the "Windows did not shut down properly" thing. So I press "Start windows normally", it goes to the Windows loading screen with the loading bar, and then comes up with a blue screen and then restarts. It does this if I press "Last working configuration" as well. The blue screen flashes in like half a second so I have no idea what it says. I've been fiddling around with the F2 setup and stuff but I can't find anything wrong with it. The PC is pretty old, like 3 years, and I only use it to browse the net and use Word. Has 1 GB of RAM. Not sure on what BIOS revision but I could check. Any ideas? I don't really wanna wipe the hard drive because then I'd need to install XP again, meaning I'd have to go buy another copy?

PS: It is definitely not the RAM or fan, I checked both of these by booting to the Dell utilities partition.

EDIT: BIOS is apparently revision 1.0.3. Old?

i suggest you start Windows with Safe Mode option instead of "Start Windows Normally". then you copies all your important files to different partition, let's say D: Drive.

Then you restart windows with a winXP CD in your drive, your old one is fine, you don't need to buy another copy. Reuse the one that come with the PC/ laptop.
then choose to start window from DVD Rom Drive instead of your hard drive.

it will prompt you to choose whether to "repair your window" or "format and install a fresh copy". read the instructions carefully and tried to repair first, if can't then, format C: drive.

BUT if you can't log in with Safe Mode then, we have to see the hardwares. Most probably is Motherboard (where BIOS is at) problem.
Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Apr 14 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #24

Leece

QUOTE (Spoiler @ Apr 14 2010, 11:11 PM) *
BUT if you can't log in with Safe Mode then, we have to see the hardwares. Most probably is Motherboard (where BIOS is at) problem.

Yeah, I can't log in with Safe Mode. It comes up with all the system32 text and then just restarts. Also I was able to get a look at that blue screen I mentioned, it just said Windows was restarting to prevent my computer from being harmed. I have most of my important files on my USB, so can I just try restarting windows with the xp CD in the drive?

This post has been edited by 0bs3n3: Apr 14 2010, 11:16 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Spoiler
post Apr 15 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #25

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 26,196

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Apr 14 2010, 11:13 PM) *
QUOTE (Spoiler @ Apr 14 2010, 11:11 PM) *

Yeah, I can't log in with Safe Mode. It comes up with all the system32 text and then just restarts. Also I was able to get a look at that blue screen I mentioned, it just said Windows was restarting to prevent my computer from being harmed. I have most of my important files on my USB, so can I just try restarting windows with the xp CD in the drive?

yes, you could do that since you have back up files. you got nothing to lose after all.
Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post May 29 2010, 12:59 AM
Post #26

Leece

lol turns out I literally melted the hard drive.
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 06:29 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4