IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What if CW had been released for the PS3 or Xbox 360?
Jacko
post Feb 23 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #1

GTA King

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,636
XBL Gamertag: KemppaBoyz
PSN Name: JackoFIN

I know it must be quite pointless to think matters like this but what do you think about it? I always thought that if Rockstar had made three several episodic contents for Grand Theft Auto IV they would've made Chinatown Wars as their third DLC for GTA IV among TLAD and TBOGT. I'm not saying the game sucks on the DS, PSP or iPod but maybe R* could've made more profit with the game if it had appeared with the GTA IV graphics and stuff. We all know CW's sales weren't that great when the game was first released for the Nintendo DS which prompted Rockstar bringin the game for the PSP in the first place. I envy all the PSP-owners because I wont dare to buy a PSP only for one game even if it might be a great game. My opinion is CW+GTAIV game-engine= Great game. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jacko90: Feb 23 2010, 02:01 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Feb 23 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #2

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

They might port it at a later time but it was meant for portable platforms only. I don't see them re-creating the whole game with the RAGE engine (your "gtaiv game engine"). Might reference it in future games.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jacko
post Feb 23 2010, 09:35 PM
Post #3

GTA King

I know its highly unlikely but I just would have loved to see Chinatown Wars combined with the RAGE-engine.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Koppolander
post Mar 21 2010, 10:26 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 57,934
PSN Name: Koppolander

What if they will release it for, let's say PSN and XBox Marketplace as a port, but with the same engine as the original CW's only with a bit sharper graphics (Full HD).
At least I think that sounds more likely (maybe not the HD-part) - if it ever happens...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jacko
post Mar 22 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #5

GTA King

That sounds like a proper way to release the game for Xbox 360 and PS3 if they would actually port it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Koppolander
post Mar 22 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 57,934
PSN Name: Koppolander

And maybe enhanced cutscenes (with motion; maybe 3D) and voices for the characters?
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Apr 17 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #7

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

It would have been nice to see the Chinese gang story in LC on PS3/360, but I'm not that bothered they didn't make it. I've played it on psp and loved it the way it was. It felt a little more like gtaIII for some reason, and i liked that aesthetic feel. Maybe they will add some chinese content in the future. I think there is still more room for DLC in IV while they spend time on the next GTA.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jacko
post Dec 19 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #8

GTA King

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Apr 17 2010, 02:50 PM) *
It would have been nice to see the Chinese gang story in LC on PS3/360, but I'm not that bothered they didn't make it. I've played it on psp and loved it the way it was. It felt a little more like gtaIII for some reason, and i liked that aesthetic feel. Maybe they will add some chinese content in the future. I think there is still more room for DLC in IV while they spend time on the next GTA.

I have completed the game aswell and liked how the game had an oriental feel to it, but I did miss the great voice acting on some occasions.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 07:33 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4