IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, or DLC, whatever you prefer.
DuPz0r
post Feb 22 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I thought i'd post a little something about this new resi 5 content, seeing as i spent loads of time playing this fantastic game, i think it deserves a thread.

The Gold edition which is out March 9th i believe contains two new story contents along with new costumes or whatever. These contents are also available via DLC. And the first wave of them is out now. The Lost in Nightmares story content is a sort of back track to the events during/after resident evil 1, and contains ZOMBIES not black people with a bacterial problem, along with a costume pack. smile.gif

Lost in Nightmares Trailer:

Gamespot Preview:

I've not bought the first dlc yet, but i will be buying it later today. They say it is 1-2 hours long, but I've heard some have complete it in under 30 minutes...
So what is your thoughts on this dlc? It looks pretty epic to me. I loved the first REsi Evil, so this will seem pretty nice revisiting old memories biggrin.gif

Anyway, watch the trailer and preview if you haven't already, and leave your comments.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 22 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Might be worth picking up on DLC. I still have the original game and could give two shits about costumes.

I'll watch the videos when I get some free time, but this might be worth the download. Keep me posted with your opinions.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 22 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #3

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Ok. I co-op'd it with my GF on easy. We did it in 1 hour.

If you have played the first Resident Evil then you are more than aware of the Mansion layout. It is basically the front part of the mansion mixed with some new areas not seen before. The graphics are lovely, the gameplay is fun, but it's just a little too short. I would have loved to have explored more of the parts of the mansion that i remember back in the day. The enemies are pretty easy (taking in mind I've only played it on easy so far) and there isn't really many of them. But the action you do get is fun and scary at the same time.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the way it feels and looks. Nice puzzle and strategy style gameplay. I'm slightly dissatisfied with the length of it. But for 3.99 i suppose it was a pretty good add-on. I don't think i have fully explored the content yet though, because there was things that didn't tie up at the end which i thought might have done something. Like crank slots on the walls and what-not. So i may have to replay it a couple of times to get the most out of it.

Anyway, if you have the spare cash, then go ahead and buy it. But if you'd rather save some money for a full game which is due to release, than i would do that instead. But if you're a Resi fan, you will end up buying this sooner or later.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 02:13 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4