+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 19 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I saw it written once that the definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different. I am finally ready to stop this insanity. Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, letís try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well.

Wow.

It's a hella long read, but he has many good points. As a young man in America just getting started out in the career world, his story is frightening. I'll probably never be very rich and struggle with finances all my life. I am already learning to accept it and working to overcome it to get to a stable financial situation that will allow me to have a roof over my head, a working automobile and food to eat. Outside of that, I just want to live my life and start a family. Simple as that, the American Dream, right?

Reading his manifesto, I could put myself in his shoes as a young man. That's what scares me. He's right about what we're taught to believe about the government protecting us and taking care of us. Not screwing us over.

I don't condone suicide, I don't condone violence, I feel terrible for the loss of life. It sounds guy snapped and he decided it to stick it to the IRS in the only way he felt he could. Nothing else he could do would matter as much. I guess he planned to kill a lot of people and it looks like he didn't succeed in that, and for that I am glad, but I suppose I am glad he got his message across.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
new major on the...
post Feb 19 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #3

Pickpocket

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,134
PSN Name: ARCHmajor

LOL, they said on the news that he proofread it like 27 times, well he obviously forgot that he used the wrong word "steeling" instead of "stealing" in the "how did i get here" paragraph.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 19 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #4

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (new major on the block @ Feb 19 2010, 10:23 AM) *
LOL, they said on the news that he proofread it like 27 times, well he obviously forgot that he used the wrong word "steeling" instead of "stealing" in the "how did i get here" paragraph.

LOL. Grammar check, motherfucker.
Achievements

+Quote Post
new major on the...
post Feb 19 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #5

Pickpocket

Member No.: 34,134
PSN Name: ARCHmajor

mine or his? huh.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 19 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #6

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (new major on the block @ Feb 19 2010, 10:31 AM) *
mine or his? huh.gif

His, but maybe yours.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Feb 19 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #7

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Was watching video of the incident after it happened. figured it was bad weather, gust of wind, bad pilot but found out later it was a suicide mission (guess that's the third one then...).

Darwin wins again.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Feb 22 2010, 01:54 AM
Post #8

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

That guy actually made a good point. Us common folk are just pillars holding up the rich, and when they fall we break it. I actually agree with what most of that guy said, I think his personal experiences helped re-enforce that. I know the government is corrupt, but when you think about it, we could have it much worse. We could be living in a 3rd-world country where we have nothing given to us and a government that takes everything. At least here we get a bit of the riches, even though it's not full. I can't say I completely blame this guy for thinking like this, especially because of all his problems. But I think he took the wrong choice of action to get his point across, although I will admit there are a few time I've felt like doing the same thing, except without the me killing myself part.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:28 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4