post Mar 8 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #21

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

9.8 from PSXextreme... yea, it's going to be a big one, that's for sure... it might even break some PS3 sales records along the way... unfortunately, i am not buying it... i am opting for renting it whenever a copy becomes available, which might be months from now... but, i might get lucky and get it day one like i did with heavy rain...

but, i am renting it because, it can be beat in like a day... i am beginning to not buy games like that anymore... if i can't get $60 out of it then, there's no point... i guess if it had multiplayer, i'd consider purchasing it...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 8 2010, 09:19 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 16 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #22

i rented this epic story before i went to work today... can't wait to slay the gods tonight!! biggrin.gif...

man, there was 5 out of 6 copies available to rent when i went in there, which was about 30 minutes after they opened... seriously, i am renting games more often...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 16 2010, 04:38 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Mar 16 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #23

Snitch

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

i expected more people talking about this... are you guys busy playing it? or is it that you dont care?

Anyway, im not sure if the stores are selling it today here, im gonna look for it and hopefully find it smile.gif, if i dont it will probably be for sale tomorrow or in 2 days

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 17 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #24

i don't know if any of you know who the gods are in III but, you fight one of them right off the bat!! fucking unbelievable!! move over nathan drake, kratos just took your throne as the best graphics this gen!! hell, best action game this gen!! i've only played maybe 4 hours into it and i am still stunned at what i went through...

i've killed two gods so far... and there are no words to describe how the first god battle was... i would say epic but, just about everything in god of war is epic... only those who play will know what i am talking about... and in HD, it was just too much... i couldn't help grinning from ear to ear after that battle... unless there is a battle ahead more epic, this was the greatest boss battle i've ever been a part of... the only thing i can use to describe the battle is this:
jawdrop.gif
and the second, of what i guess is 6 god battles, was almost as good, but not nearly as epic... the god you fight here is a surprising choice... and the feeling afterward is pretty satisfying, by knowing who's ass you just kicked... more satisfying than the first god but, not even close to as amazing visually...

my impressions so far is "THIS GAME BLOWS THE FIRST AND SECOND ONE RIGHT OFF THE MAP!!" the power of the PS3 has given the creators room to cram a ton of visual sequences and backdrops to every nook and cranny of the map... the controls are all too familiar, and haven't really changed at all during the series so... the mechanics still work like a charm... it's the goddamn visuals that will stun you!! biggrin.gif...

this is shaping up to be one of the greatest fighting games ever created!! fucking forget that it's a hack-n-slash, this game just kicks some major ass all the way up mt. olympus and back down... hands down, the best game of this generation and i am not even half-way through it yet laugh.gif...

12/10... that first battle gets some major brownie points biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 17 2010, 02:04 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 17 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #25

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

Bones, I am going to buy this game after I get the money you're sending me for a PS3.

Sounds awesome.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 17 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #26

i wouldn't even use the word awesome... try a few of these on for size...

stunning, breath-taking, magnificent, majestic, mind-blowing, overwhelming, fascinating, incredible, marvelous, unbelievable, spectacular, impressive, striking, astonishing, shocking...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 17 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #27

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

Scrumpciously Homoerotic?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Mar 17 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #28

Snitch

im getting it today, i called the store and they said they would have it in about 3 hours...

it sounds too good, i want to play it now... i just hope that no one interrupts me when im playing it =/ BTW, how are the puzzles so far?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 17 2010, 09:25 PM
Post #29

one was a head scratcher so, very good indeed... i probably wont be playing tonight so, you might be where i am at by the time we talk here again tomorrow... your in for one hell of a treat during the first hour or so biggrin.gif... i hope you have an HDTV because, you won't fully appreciate what your seeing like you would if it was presented to you in stunning HD quality...

i don't want to say the graphics blow uncharted 2 away but, it's just simply amazing to take it all in... it's definitely the best the PS3 has to offer...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Mar 17 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #30

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Shit bOnEs, why do you have to make is sound so awesome? Hollywood Video better have this shit for rent.. I'm still set on Just Cause 2 being my game purchase cause I haven't bought a game since November and it seems like there would be way more replayability... but damn you're making it a hard choice hahaha. Fuck it, if I can't rent it I'll just buy them both. Who needs to pay rent anyway?

This post has been edited by TheAnalogKid2112: Mar 17 2010, 10:41 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 18 2010, 05:16 AM
Post #31

QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Mar 17 2010, 06:41 PM) *
Shit bOnEs, why do you have to make is sound so awesome? Hollywood Video better have this shit for rent.. I'm still set on Just Cause 2 being my game purchase cause I haven't bought a game since November and it seems like there would be way more replayability... but damn you're making it a hard choice hahaha. Fuck it, if I can't rent it I'll just buy them both. Who needs to pay rent anyway?

hey, i think there is more replay value in just cause 2 because it's a bigger world with the freedom to go anywhere... god of war III is a linear game, just like the uncharted series... you probably would have more fun with just cause but, RENT god of war III if you can... hell, buy it if you can swing the extra change but, it's surely worth a play biggrin.gif...

sandbox games to me always have more replay value... once you beat god of war once or a few times, your pretty much done with it IMO... yet, you can spend the amount of time it took you to beat GOWIII three times as it takes to traverse a sandbox game one and a half times... or less if it's a game like the saboteur, which consumes a lot of time with the side stuff...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Mar 18 2010, 06:59 AM
Post #32

Snitch

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 17 2010, 04:25 PM) *
one was a head scratcher so, very good indeed... i probably wont be playing tonight so, you might be where i am at by the time we talk here again tomorrow... your in for one hell of a treat during the first hour or so biggrin.gif... i hope you have an HDTV because, you won't fully appreciate what your seeing like you would if it was presented to you in stunning HD quality...

i don't want to say the graphics blow uncharted 2 away but, it's just simply amazing to take it all in... it's definitely the best the PS3 has to offer...

well, no sadly sad.gif

i didnt buy it, they were selling it for $90!! so i thought screw that and didnt get it... ill wait a couple of days until they get more copies, im sure theyll drop the price. In case you are wondering why the price is so high, its because these are not official stores, they import the game from the US and sell it so they can put it on sale for the price the way want.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 18 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #33

well, that sucks tongue.gif... i ended up playing a little of it last night... i got a friend that's been itching to play this game so, we're only playing it when he comes over... we made it to the demo portion of the game and let me tell you what, just because i've played that section of the game a few times didn't mean i had the upper hand laugh.gif...

the demo teased you with weapons and magic that you don't have at that stage of the game... plus, the demo cut out a few different areas and also changed the whole flying portion of the game... when i traversed through there it was completely different... i recognized certain things but, it never felt the same biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 19 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #34

yea, i have to double post because no one else is posting (which surprises me TBH)... i've now fought and killed 4 gods and had sex with another *wink wink* biggrin.gif... the first god battle is still the best of the best but, the 4th one was pretty fucking cool too and is now the "second" best battle... instead of kratos looking to exact revenge on the gods like usual, this god wanted to exact revenge on him... and the reasoning if perfectly justified...

man, should i just spoil who the gods are that i am fighting?? i mean, you see all of them at the very beginning so, you know who your going to be fighting... my explanations of the battles would be more interesting if you knew who i was fighting laugh.gif...

but, now i'm about to fight one of the giant titans... and i got to be close to fighting zeus soon... i've gotten almost all of the powers so, i got to be near the end of the game... this game is just unbelievable... it sooooooo good...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Mar 19 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #35

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

I wouldn't mind hearing the names.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Mar 20 2010, 01:03 AM
Post #36

Snitch

got it today, havent played much yet, but i made a big mistake, i chose to play it on hard... even the damn first big battle is too hard.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Flea
post Mar 20 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #37

Nobody Special

Member No.: 130

I'm gunna buy this game when i get paid next week, but i havnt played GOW 1 or 2, do i need to play them to know whats going on in GOW3??
Whats the differance between a God and a Titan?

This post has been edited by Flea: Mar 20 2010, 12:43 PM

--------------------

Compliments to Van Hel Singh

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 20 2010, 05:24 PM
Post #38

@flea - it sort of tells you what he did in the previous games but, it doesn't fully explain a lot of it... if you can, i would beat the other two first so, you understand more about kratos, the gods he's slayed, and his intentions... but, this game can be played by itself... as a matter of fact, if you played this one first, you might be more inclined to play the older ones after you beat the third... but if you can, i would play the older ones first...

titans were considered the elder gods, or the first gods... when the olympians showed up, they overthrew the titans in the "battle of the titans", which is what i'm pretty sure that new movie is about (i want to see it too, looks good)... i think that's how the story goes but, i'm not too refreshed on my greek mythology...

--------------------------------------------------

@anologkid - here's the gods you do battle with...

1st god: poseidon - fucking unbelievable battle!! still the best in the game...
2nd god: hades - the god of underworld... very satisfying battle...
3rd god: helios - the dude whose head you ripped off in the demo...
4th god: hermes - he's a lightning fast one... moves like a blur...
5th god: hercules - 2nd best battle, it turns into a colosseum-like battle... and he's pissed at the events of the first game... plus, he's kind of always been one of my favorite gods so, this is just epic for me...
6th god: aphrodite - not really a battle here, just a sex scene, lol... thought i'd mention that...
7th god: zeus - not sure if he's the 7th and final one but, it seems like i am close to the end, and zeus is the final one...

and that's all i've seen so far, with a couple of titan battles sprinkled into the game here and there... i gotta be near the end of the game though... i have all the powers now...

--------------------------------------------------

@ kamahl - lol, that first battle is very very epic, i can't imagine how hard it would be on a harder difficulty laugh.gif... it takes almost an hour it seems to fight him... i guess you could always turn the difficulty down and save that for when you've beaten the game already and know how to fight... even though that first battle is epic and a challenge, it's still a sort of tutorial level...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Mar 20 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #39

Snitch

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 20 2010, 12:24 PM) *
@ kamahl - lol, that first battle is very very epic, i can't imagine how hard it would be on a harder difficulty laugh.gif... it takes almost an hour it seems to fight him... i guess you could always turn the difficulty down and save that for when you've beaten the game already and know how to fight... even though that first battle is epic and a challenge, it's still a sort of tutorial level...

i beat it yesterday, what a great battle.

I decided to continue and im doing well, at least i know the game is going to last... but i hope it doesnt get much harder cause i dont want it to be frustrating....

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 20 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #40

ohh, it gets much harder for sure... there were some battles that had me pulling out my hair from dying so many times near the end of the battle... but, i've gotten pretty damn good at using the proper weapon for the situation... once you unlock a few weapons, remember to switch to them when the battles dictate it... i got those fists and those are extremely effective against the giant monsters you fight... but, those come a little later in the game... by then, the action should be off the wall...

i've got to be near the end though... i've unlocked all of the weapons now and i've been going through some pretty fucking tough puzzles too... i know i am near zeus, i got to be... me and my friend thought we were going to beat it last night but, it never happened... it was just battle rooms and puzzles for a few hours laugh.gif... we've logged about 13 hours into it so, this game does have some length to it but then again, we did die a lot...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 20 2010, 10:34 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 12:36 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4