> God of War III, Out in 1 month
Kamahl
post Feb 12 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #1

Snitch

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

They just released the new trailer and i thought it was worth posting. It looks great, im pretty sure it will be one of the best games this year

Here it is:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/god...geance-trailer/

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 12 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #2

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i'm passing on GoWIII... as good as it looks and as fun as the previous ones were, i'm just not ready to drop $60 on a hack-n-slash right now... if i were to get one, i would of already pre-ordered dante's inferno as that looks almost as good as the new GoW... but as it stands, i would rather spend my money on the episodes of liberty city in march...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 13 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #3

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 262

I played the demo, and It's pretty great ... it's just more solid GoW gameplay. I guess the game really follows the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" idea - not that there's anything wrong with that, GoW doesn't disappoint.
I'm with bOnEs on the whole dropping $60 on a game. Usually what i do is only buy FPS because i can get tonnes of replay value with the online, but other types of games it's alot cheaper to just rent (especially if I'm just only running through the story once); I just don't have too much money to throw around.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 12 2010, 01:58 PM) *
i would of already pre-ordered dante's inferno as that looks almost as good as the new GoW

watch some reviews and see how it ultimately doesn't live up to the hype ...

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 13 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #4

really? the reviews i've read talk about how it is a nice addition to the hack-n-slash genre, even if it is a rip-off of god of war... and i played the demo and thought it was pretty damn good... dante's inferno is worth the purchase for any hack-n-slash fan...

when is the demo coming out for god of war III?

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 13 2010, 05:29 PM
Post #5

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 13 2010, 12:08 PM) *
really? the reviews i've read talk about how it is a nice addition to the hack-n-slash genre, even if it is a rip-off of god of war... and i played the demo and thought it was pretty damn good... dante's inferno is worth the purchase for any hack-n-slash fan...

I played the demo of Dante's Inferno and I found they keep you in one area for too long fighting off the same enemies. It got repetitive. I think they add a lot of enemies to a single area just to make the game longer. I can't see it being as good as GoW III. I bet the idea of making that game in the first place was to put out a hack and slash game before GoW III came out.

Speaking of "came..."

I did watching that GoW III trailer.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 13 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Fag @ Feb 13 2010, 12:29 PM) *
I played the demo of Dante's Inferno and I found they keep you in one area for too long fighting off the same enemies. It got repetitive. I think they add a lot of enemies to a single area just to make the game longer.

...and god of war never did that either?? laugh.gif.... that's kind of a staple for the genre... fighting off wave after wave of enemies... and 'm not saying dante's inferno is as good as god of war III, i know it isn't... i'm just saying it sounds like a nice addition to the genre... more so than that bayonetta game...

that trailer was epic though... the giant hands at the end... i mean, god of war always goes BIG... it's epicness on the grandest of scales... i'll never forget the chariot scene in the 2nd one, riding GIGANTIC golden horses across the ocean... or, climbing the back of the GIANT titan carrying a level that contains pandora's box on his back in the first one...

i can't imagine what kind of stuff you'll be doing in the third one...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 13 2010, 05:44 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 13 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #7

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 13 2010, 11:08 AM) *

really? well, i think i watched Gamespot's review and Gametrailer's , and they both mention the same faults with it, which is sort of what DO said.

I am not sure when/if a demo for GoW III is coming out to the public. I got the E3 '09 demo off of Qore.

This post has been edited by ENVi3: Feb 13 2010, 06:04 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 14 2010, 05:55 AM
Post #8

faults, shmaults... you have to form an opinion off of their opinion... i've found great gems hidden beneath mediocre reviews... if you like this genre, you'll enjoy dante's inferno... if you aren't rich (like most of us), then save your money for god of war III... if you don't have a PS3 then, your missing out on the best this genre has to offer (*cough*stoic*cough*)...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 15 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #9

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 13 2010, 12:42 PM) *
QUOTE (Fag @ Feb 13 2010, 12:29 PM) *
I played the demo of Dante's Inferno and I found they keep you in one area for too long fighting off the same enemies. It got repetitive. I think they add a lot of enemies to a single area just to make the game longer.

...and god of war never did that either?? laugh.gif

Not overly. They would move you to a new area with a different arrangement of enemies before it got dull. beginning of the DI demo you were killing those pathetic homeless transvestites for far too long.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Feb 16 2010, 12:51 AM
Post #10

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

This is probably the only hack and slash game I've been anticipating. I don't care, I'm buying it. GoW kicks ass.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 16 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Feb 15 2010, 07:51 PM) *
This is probably the only hack and slash game I've been anticipating. I don't care, I'm buying it. GoW kicks ass.

yes it does...

@ D-O, you're probably right... i only played the inferno demo once and thought it was a blast, then watched a friend play it... but, there's 9 different gates of hell so, i think visually you're going to get a nice bang for the buck, and if it feels like god of war then, that's another plus biggrin.gif...

i'm trying to give the 360 guys something to try if they want to know what god of war is "kind of" like laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 16 2010, 07:03 AM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 26 2010, 01:56 AM
Post #12

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

the demo is out for public download in the NA PS store.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Feb 26 2010, 05:40 AM
Post #13

Snitch

QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Feb 25 2010, 08:56 PM) *

does it have anything new?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 26 2010, 07:35 AM
Post #14

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kamahl @ Feb 25 2010, 11:40 PM) *
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Feb 25 2010, 08:56 PM) *

does it have anything new?

It's the same E3 2009 demo.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Feb 27 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #15

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

I'm playing the demo right now. It is so awesome. My record so far for (what I'm guessing are) kill combos is 238 (Pitiless!)
I love the amazing cinematic kills when you fight the big enemies. Especially when Kratos tears their guts out or pierces their head with their own horn.

edit: hahahahahahahahahaahahhaha: I was just walking along a narrow edge and a civilian was stuck saying "help me!" There was a button prompt "O" above him so I assumed it was to save the civilian's life and be a hero. Kratos just smashed their head into the wall, threw them over the edge and kept walking XD.png

The demo just ended. Holy shit!!!!!! It was so much fun! I'm TOTALLY renting this shit as soon as possible. I would buy it in a heartbeat if I had a job. The demo ended at the PERFECT fucking time. It was so damn intense and then BAM! It's over right as I'm at the edge of my seat. Bravo. They sold me.

This post has been edited by TheAnalogKid2112: Feb 27 2010, 08:21 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 28 2010, 06:10 PM
Post #16

yea, the ending to the demo was fucking epic!! i was gearing up for a battle against perses (i think that's what his name is) and then BAM, the demo ended... talk about leaving you on the edge of your seat wanting more!! i screamed "holy shit!!" as the demo ended... what a cliffhanger sad.gif...

and the scene where you tore off helios' head was fucking gruesome too... this game is bloodier than ever!!

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 28 2010, 06:14 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Feb 28 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #17

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

I got stuck at the part where I'm supposed to scale a ledge.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 1 2010, 12:14 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (E_Z @ Feb 28 2010, 02:58 PM) *
I got stuck at the part where I'm supposed to scale a ledge.

noob...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Mar 1 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #19

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

GameStop has a deal where if you trade in 2 select titles, you can get this game for 20 bucks. I'm gonna trade in Infamous and Uncharted. Yay!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Mar 8 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #20

Snitch

heres a review, a 9.5

http://www.psu.com/God-of-War-III-Review--a008710-p1.php0

a 9.3 by IGN, and 2x 9.4 by IGN AU and UK

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1075014p1.html

This post has been edited by Kamahl: Mar 8 2010, 09:00 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 05:39 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4