[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Mar 10 2010, 12:00 AM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 9 2010, 04:52 AM) *
QUOTE (E_Z @ Mar 8 2010, 09:21 AM) *
I finished my first playthrough and got 50% of the trophies! I was a little sad however, Mine ended with Ethan rescuing shawn, then getting shot right before he leaves. But at least I got the So Close... trophy

That's what happened to my roommate on his first play through.

Wait, so you watched your room mate finish it before you even played it?

yep.

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 28 2010, 07:11 PM) *
I don't care enough.

^basically that. still haven't bothered to play it myself. makes a better movie than a game. tongue.gif

As for the characters, depends on you and if you've played through it once before. Hard to really say without getting into spoiler-type issues.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Mar 10 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #142

Get off my Planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Mar 10 2010, 12:00 AM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 9 2010, 04:52 AM) *
QUOTE (E_Z @ Mar 8 2010, 09:21 AM) *
I finished my first playthrough and got 50% of the trophies! I was a little sad however, Mine ended with Ethan rescuing shawn, then getting shot right before he leaves. But at least I got the So Close... trophy

That's what happened to my roommate on his first play through.

Wait, so you watched your room mate finish it before you even played it?

Also, how much consideration do you really get before you make your choices? Is it really quick? A lot of the time while playing games with moral choices I say "Hmm, this character will be evil so he will make x choice" or "I want this ending this time so I'll do x" rather than actually making the choices as if it was me. So yeah basically, how involved do you get with the characters? Do you have an urge to experiment with them or do you start really caring about their fate?

You're given a bit of time to make your decisions. Sometime you get a couple minutes, other times you only get a few seconds.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Mar 10 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #143

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

and to add to that, sometimes the game fucks with you and changes up buttons for certain decisions.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Mar 14 2010, 12:34 AM
Post #144

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

Just got round to finishing this and I think it was brilliant! My wife finished it last night but didn't tell me anything so we'll discuss our stories when she gets back from work tomorrow.

So, my first playthrough ended like this: Detective: Dead (Car crusher, Madison: Dead (Jumped from burning apartment), Ethan: Dead (Hung himself), Private Detective: Dead (Shot in the face by victim's mum).

Can't wait to play through this again except me and the wife will play it together and look at each other all shocked 'n' shit.

EDIT: I've just read all the spoilers in this thread for the first time and it seems there's a hell of a lot of different outcomes to be had.

I do think it's bollocks that the P.I looks 15-20 years older than he's supposed to be.

This post has been edited by Marney1: Mar 14 2010, 12:49 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Mar 14 2010, 03:36 AM
Post #145

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 13 2010, 07:34 PM) *
Detective: Dead (Car crusher, Madison: Dead (Jumped from burning apartment), Ethan: Dead (Hung himself), Private Detective: Dead (Shot in the face by victim's mum).

lulz. gonna call you the reaper. tongue.gif

I do think it's bollocks that the P.I looks 15-20 years older than he's supposed to be.

Not really. It's about right.

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Mar 14 2010, 04:55 AM
Post #146

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

Just got round to finishing this and I think it was brilliant! My wife finished it last night but didn't tell me anything so we'll discuss our stories when she gets back from work tomorrow.

So, my first playthrough ended like this: Detective: Dead (Car crusher, Madison: Dead (Jumped from burning apartment), Ethan: Dead (Hung himself), Private Detective: Dead (Shot in the face by victim's mum).

Can't wait to play through this again except me and the wife will play it together and look at each other all shocked 'n' shit.

EDIT: I've just read all the spoilers in this thread for the first time and it seems there's a hell of a lot of different outcomes to be had.

yeah, great game, it was even better than expected, it only took me 3 days to beat it! and i usually make my games last at least a week. I couldnt put it down, it starts slowly but about 3 hours in, i couldnt stop playing.

Mine was: Everyone survives except for Shelby, Ethan shoots him when they are on the top of a big crane, Ethan also saves his kid and i guess that was the happy ending.

BTW, i wanted to get the "everyone lives" (cant remember the exact name) trophy, how do i get it? i thought maybe if i dont press R1 i wont shoot Shelby, but i was afraid he would kill me if i didnt so i didnt try it, can anyone tell me how to do it? im too lazy to try every option so someone tell me

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Mar 14 2010, 05:42 AM
Post #147

Godfather
Group Icon

Good ending ^

I'm beginning to regret reading the spoilers now, I didn't realise the outcomes could be so different. mellow.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Mar 14 2010, 06:19 AM
Post #148

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 14 2010, 12:42 AM) *
Good ending ^

I'm beginning to regret reading the spoilers now, I didn't realise the outcomes could be so different. mellow.gif

well, i didnt really give much detail there, trust me, lots of things happen with that ending, so you would still be surprised if you got that ending.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Mar 14 2010, 09:26 AM
Post #149

Godfather
Group Icon

When's the DLC coming out?
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Mar 14 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #150

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

what's in the DLC? Anyone know?

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Mar 14 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #151

Godfather
Group Icon

It's called 'The Taxidermist' and I think you play as Madison Page who is investigating..............something?
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 15 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #152

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

"the taxidermist" is a prequel to madison page's character... she's investigating the origami killer case but, the events in this DLC are before the game's events... so, i'm assuming it takes place sometime after jason's death but, before shaun is kidnapped... before jeremy bowles is found dead during the early parts of the game, i'm assuming... all i know is it's a prequel, similar to ethan's first chapter where you are playing with the kids and doing some work...

it's said that this DLC can be beaten in a matter of minutes... a very very short chapter...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 15 2010, 07:33 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Mar 15 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #153

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

minutes??? is it free at least?

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 15 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #154

nope, it's free to those who pre-ordered with amazon.com or bought the collectors edition... i might of exaggerated but, it can be beaten in the same amount of time it takes to go through one of the chapters of the game... some could be done in minutes... others lasted around 30 minutes... my guess is this one will take roughly 30 minutes to beat, with multiple ending of course biggrin.gif...

not really worth the money or time to be honest... but, if this came out about a week or two ago, i might of bought it when i still had a rental one in my hands...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Mar 15 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #155

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

lol half hour sounds better but still not really worth paying for.

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 15 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #156

the other DLC that's been confirmed, although not talked about, is a prequel for the origami killer... and seeing as a lot of us know who that is, it'll be interesting in seeing how that one plays out...

nothing else has been announced yet but, i'd imagine all the characters and maybe even some of the minor ones like lauren could get their own DLC as well... they could really do an add-on for most of the characters you meet in the game... but, chances are there's only going to be a few DLC's... i wouldn't think there would be one for ethan since the opening tutorial is sort of a prequel for his character...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Mar 16 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #157

Leece

Member No.: 24,792

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 16 2010, 06:31 AM) *
"the taxidermist" is a prequel to madison page's character... she's investigating the origami killer case but, the events in this DLC are before the game's events... so, i'm assuming it takes place sometime after jason's death but, before shaun is kidnapped... before jeremy bowles is found dead during the early parts of the game, i'm assuming... all i know is it's a prequel, similar to ethan's first chapter where you are playing with the kids and doing some work...

Jesus I hope none of that were spoilers?
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 16 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #158

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Mar 16 2010, 04:41 AM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 16 2010, 06:31 AM) *

Jesus I hope none of that were spoilers?

don't worry, that's all covered in the first chapter of the game... it's basically the premise of the game... and jeremy bowles was the dead kid from the demo... no spoilers, just basic facts biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Mar 16 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #159

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

QUOTE (Kamahl @ Mar 14 2010, 12:55 AM) *

yeah, great game, it was even better than expected, it only took me 3 days to beat it! and i usually make my games last at least a week. I couldnt put it down, it starts slowly but about 3 hours in, i couldnt stop playing.

Mine was: Everyone survives except for Shelby, Ethan shoots him when they are on the top of a big crane, Ethan also saves his kid and i guess that was the happy ending.

BTW, i wanted to get the "everyone lives" (cant remember the exact name) trophy, how do i get it? i thought maybe if i dont press R1 i wont shoot Shelby, but i was afraid he would kill me if i didnt so i didnt try it, can anyone tell me how to do it? im too lazy to try every option so someone tell me

I got it with my ending. I'm pretty sure mine was the ultimate good ending. So here it is... Make sure you let all the characters live, *Scott, Madison, Ethan, Jayden, Lauren, and possibly Kramer and Hassan (I saved them). Anyway, mine ended with Ethan not drinking the poison, and still finding where Shaun was held. Then when he wen't to open it, you heard Scott's two-cents. Then he pulled out a gun, and Jayden rushed in and knocked him down. Then Madison shows up, goes to Blake and tells him Ethan is innocent, he doesn't belive, so she jumps on her bike and rides into the warehouse. She warns ethan about the police, the Jayden and Scott fight it out on a garbage conveyor, and scott ends up falling in a grinder (if you choose to help him up, you'll get another trophy, but he'll still end up dying). Even though Shelby died, Lauren count's as the fourth character, because at the end she shows up for the final cutscene and spits on Shelby's grave
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 16 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #160

@ fanboy - that was my first ending... here's my other ones...

ending 2: jayden died during the fight with mad jack... so, when the final chapter came around, there were no cops on the scene... madison tried to chase down scott while ethan tried to save his son... madison dies by a gunshot to the back and ethan walks out the front door with his son... i also let lauren drown so, she never kills scott at the end... ethan doesn't bother with turning him in and instead moves on with his life by himself with his kid...

ending 3: all characters reached the end but, i failed with all of them... ethan gets shot by the police, jayden dies fighting scott... and madison gets arrested... the killer gets away clean but wait, and ending scene shows madison writing about about the killer so, now lauren knows who the killer was... she waits for scott and then kills him...

i kind of wondered what would happen if i killed off madison on that playthrough... then maybe lauren wouldn't of known that scott was the killer and maybe would of lived happily ever after with him...

also, on that playthrough i tried to kill scott but i couldn't... i got shot in the convenience store but the bullet only grazed me... i tried to drown in the car but, it was taking too long so i saved him... i tried to get shot up in the mansion but, scott limps away after a few shots and never bothers to go any further, instead barges out the front door and runs away... can you kill him??

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 16 2010, 06:02 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 12:09 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4