post Feb 6 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #1

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

"Heavy Rain is a cinematic and evolving thriller from Quantic Dream, the developer behind the critically acclaimed Fahrenheit. Dealing with a range of adult themes, the game revolves around a sophisticated plot and strong narrative threads that explore a complex moral proposition. You assume the role of multiple characters, with very different backgrounds, motivations and skills, in a world shaped by Bending Storylines - a dynamic narrative design where your actions and decisions will shape your story."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

i thought i'd start a topic for this game since it's coming out in a few weeks... i was planning on getting it before R* announced the episodes of liberty city were coming to the PS3 next month mad.gif... now, i can't get it due to my gaming budget... maybe i might try to work something out in that department... but, i did play the demo and fucking loved it!! i've only been blown away by one other demo this generation and it was batman: arkham asylum... and i still haven't bought that yet either (go figure)...

the demo will be released to the public this thursday i do believe... however, if you play a little detective game, you can get your hands on the demo right now... kotaku has all the details you will need, in case you can't solve the puzzle (like me)...

http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-r...ow-%5Bupdate%5D

but, you can just go to this website to sign up and play the game...

http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing

like i said, the demo was pretty fun... it gives you a good synopsis of how the game will be played, a sort of tutorial on how to control and interact with the environment... it left me wanting to play more than just a couple of chapters laugh.gif... the download will take a while, it's almost two gigs... i played through the chapters twice and approached the objectives in a different way and got some noticeable dialog differences, camera angles, and various other additional tweaks... not a bunch of differences but, i can tell that there will be a lot more of that in the actual game itself... i won the fight the first time and purposely lost the fight the second time... it was kind of cool to see the scenes play out a little different the second time...

check it out and see what you think... i've been really interested in this game for some time because of it's unique and different approach to playing a game... a sort of interactive movie where you feel like the director biggrin.gif...

EDIT: and yes, the rumors are true... these graphics rival uncharted 2 for best in the biz... i was stunned at what i was seeing...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 6 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #2

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

They probably save power of the PS3 because it has simplistic game play. It doesn't have to worry AI acting interactively with players actions and what not. Hence, good graphics. I'm a little skeptical of this game. I just don't know how fun its actually going to be. I don't pay 70 bucks to watch a movie. I'm gonna try and get that demo

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Flea
post Feb 6 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #3

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Could be an interesting game, but the voice acting is pretty bad, could let it down since its all about story.

--------------------

Compliments to Van Hel Singh

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 6 2010, 11:20 PM
Post #4

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

i played the demo, and i was kind of impressed.
I say kind of because I am not sure I would like to do that kind of game play for some hours, and I would definitely not want to replay the game doing mostly the same thing, but with a few differences to get new endings.
I thought the controls were set up pretty well, except for walking because if you have your left stick at rest and want to turn left you can't do it in a fluid motion unless you push your stick the way you are going and then rotate it to the direction you want to go (its just something a little minor).
The story was interesting, and it seems like a nice mellow game to play since you aren't expected to do too much, and you can just sit back and enjoy the story.
I kind of wish there was some sort of hint system, because in the demo I found myself just walking around sometimes .. and I figure maybe later on in the real game that might get a little dull.

Overall, I think it seems like a good game but maybe not great, where you can get into it and play it all the time. It is definitely worth a rental to at least play through it once.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Feb 6 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #5

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

i dont understand how to get the demo, someone help me please... i cant make it work...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 6 2010, 11:48 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kamahl @ Feb 6 2010, 06:45 PM) *
i dont understand how to get the demo, someone help me please... i cant make it work...

http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-r...ow-%5Bupdate%5D

This tells you which evidence you need to pick up.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Feb 6 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #7

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

yep, i read that but it also says it will only work for EU accounts so i was looking for the US thing and i cant find it, ill just try with this one and see if it works

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 7 2010, 12:01 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

I got a code but it didn't work.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 7 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #9

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I was wondering when someone would post a thread on this one. I may rent it, but i don't think I'm brave enough to buy it...

I got my code. Just about to try it smile.gif

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Feb 7 2010, 12:22 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 7 2010, 01:04 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

One of you Euro trash fucks try my code

3688 ARBR 8P6L

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 7 2010, 04:23 AM
Post #11

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

i got it to work and i have a NA account ... first register here http://heavyrainps3.com/registration/signup/en_US (if you already used an e-mail on the EU site you will need to use another one)
then go to the http://www.precinct52.com/ and enter the evidence.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Feb 7 2010, 08:27 AM
Post #12

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

Is it on xbox?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 7 2010, 03:19 PM
Post #13

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I downloaded it, got it to work. And this is my impression:

First off i thought hmm... is this going to be a button pressing video sequence all the way through. But almost straight away i was happy to know that you get to walk the characters around and interact with different objects like a normal game. The button pressing feels pretty natural and easy to get in to. I actually really like the style of this game, it has a nice book/movie narrative, but still has essential gaming elements. If i were to relate it to an existing game i think it more or less feels like Resi evil/Silent hill in terms of the way you have to look around and find clues and things.
The graphics are really impressive, obviously because of the lack of gaming elements, it gives them more headway to make it look good.

So will i buy it...

Hmm this is the hard bit, because before i played the demo, i wouldn't have. But now, i think it has the potential to being a great and new experience. But, i don't have a lot of money right now and there are many games i would like to buy, so for me... for now, it'll just be a rent.

And after all, how many different outcomes or endings could there be? Will it be very long? Will you get bored and not want to play it after the first completion...?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 7 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #14

for those that can't get the code to work, try signing up with a different email account... i had to do that because, the first code wouldn't work for me...

not sure how long it is going to be... my guess would be 15 hours... but, i found the detective work to be quite fun... and each character sort of plays a little differently... the PI asks a lot of questions and the FBI agent looks for clues... i'm not sure what your going to do with the sexy reporter madison, or the guy who lost his kid... but apparently, you get to cut off on of your fingers with that guy from the trailer biggrin.gif...

i'm like you dup, it doesn't really fit into the budget right now... maybe i should rent it as well... but, with multiple endings, it'd be hard not to play it again to see something different... but, i wanted to try out the demo a long time ago when it was announced because, i wanted to see how an interactive movie worked... and i think it works brilliantly...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 7 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #15

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Feb 7 2010, 02:27 AM) *
Is it on xbox?

No. The 360 wouldn't be able to handle it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Feb 8 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #16

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

I'm still unsure. It definatly has potential, but if it's lacking some gameplay elements I'm not sure it will keep me entertained, plus I still have to get all the alternate endings on Last Raven, so I don't want to spend my time playing through all the alternate endings on this one as well.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 8 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #17

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

This game looks kind of boring, but beautiful.

I think people are only going to buy it to take showers and spank to.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Feb 8 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #18

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 8 2010, 12:28 PM) *
This game looks kind of boring, but beautiful.

^that^

The graphics are great, the movie-style camera is cool, choice interactions with people. Just not a whole lot else. Walk around and touch things to make the guy say something. Fighting was interesting.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jimothey
post Feb 12 2010, 04:12 PM
Post #19

Nobody Special

Member No.: 35,187
PSN Name: Jimothey

I have just downloaded the demo from the PSN, and after getting used to the controls, especially when you have to hold down pretty much all the buttons simultaniously, the gameplay is really good. I can find myself getting really drawn into this game.

I wonder what the trophies will be, if you have to complete the game multiple times to see different endings.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 12 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #20

you could probably surf the net and find the trophies list... i recall seeing leaked trophy lists last week... i remember someone saying you got a trophy for getting through the whole story with all 4 characters still alive... so, i'm guessing that it's going to take multiple playthrough's if your going for a platinum...

i'm working something out right now to where i could possibly get this... i still have a meijer $25 gift certificate (massacre is probably the only one who knows what meijer's is laugh.gif) and if i can set aside like $20 in the next couple of weeks then, i'll only need to pony up $15... the reviews i am reading on this game are phenomenal!! i'm getting really excited about this game...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 11:34 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4