IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General New Vegas Topic, pre-game/post-game discussion...
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 16 2010, 05:00 PM
Post #81

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 16 2010, 11:53 AM) *
did they have lockpicking and terminal hacking in the older games?

Yes, they did.

They just "revamped" it for the newer games to make it less 1990ish.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 16 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #82

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (Geert Wilders @ Feb 15 2010, 09:08 PM) *
ME2 and F3 makes me say this: I hear-by call a moratorium on all stupid fucking mini-games. Got I hate those things.

What code, Mass?

Two codes, actually. One came with the game, it allows me to connect to the in-game Cerberus Network, which entitles me to free DLC items which come out regularly, from what I can tell. This code can be purchased from the Xbox Live Marketplace, but it costs something like 1200 Microsoft points. The other code came with my pre-order, and it gives me a set of armor and a heavy weapon that is not otherwise available in-game.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 16 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #83

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 16 2010, 12:31 PM) *
ME2 and F3 makes me say this: I hear-by call a moratorium on all stupid fucking mini-games. Got I hate those things.

What code, Mass?

Two codes, actually. One came with the game, it allows me to connect to the in-game Cerberus Network, which entitles me to free DLC items which come out regularly, from what I can tell. This code can be purchased from the Xbox Live Marketplace, but it costs something like 1200 Microsoft points. The other code came with my pre-order, and it gives me a set of armor and a heavy weapon that is not otherwise available in-game.

So were you not able to input either of them? I'd take the game back to the store you purchased it at.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 16 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #84

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

http://n4g.com/NewsPending-477405.aspx

someone click on that link and go to the IGN page... i can't view IGN at work so, maybe someone could paste the article here?? supposedly it's new details about new vegas...

EDIT: nevermind, i am getting off work very soon... i'll read it when i get home...

EDITv2: HA! that article was a waste of time.... it said nothing new at all... it was a summary of a USA today story... here's the link...

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/life/...ut16_st.art.htm

the only new information i gathered from that article was new vegas will be roughly the same size as the capitol wasteland... and he said that it would take hundreds of hours to explore the entire map and it's little nooks and cranny's... so, maybe it's a more denser version of fallout 3?? kind of like how GTAIV's map size is more denser version of san andreas...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 17 2010, 12:20 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 17 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #85

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 16 2010, 02:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 16 2010, 12:31 PM) *

What code, Mass?

So were you not able to input either of them? I'd take the game back to the store you purchased it at.

No, I put them in on BioWare's site, and for some reason, my gamertag wasn't connected to my BioWare profile, even though I gave my gamertag when I registered the account. Later, when I started the game, I found out that you could enter the codes from the game's main menu, and neither BioWare's site or the cards that my codes were on told me this. I could put in the codes just fine, but BioWare is fucking retarded.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 17 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #86

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 17 2010, 12:40 PM) *
Later, when I started the game, I found out that you could enter the codes from the game's main menu, and neither BioWare's site or the cards that my codes were on told me this. I could put in the codes just fine, but BioWare is fucking retarded.

Yeah, I was going to suggest that.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 17 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #87

here's a few more details i found the wikia site... they mention stuff about the "hardcore" mode... and the great news concerning this is, hardcore mode is separate from difficulty... that's GREAT news... that means that i could check it out on my second playthrough without making the game super fucking tough...

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Au...ed_on_Xbox_Live

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 26 2010, 04:31 PM
Post #88

a german PC game magazine has another new vegas preview... if you can read german, please translate ALL OF IT!! if not, at least check out the scans as there are some new images to gander at... also, the wikia site has listed some key features discussed in the article as well... there's a few new things mentioned...

WIKIA:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Au...w_Vegas_preview

SCANNED PAGES:
http://duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23772

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 1 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #89

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Has anyone posted OXM scans yet? My New Vegas issue just came in and I'm wondering if I need to scan it for you guys.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 1 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #90

i saw them until they were removed from the web... it's your call massy... it didn't introduce anything new over the playstation article... the PC magazines seem to have more information than these earlier previews...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 9 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #91

the screenshots from the magazine previews have been released finally... so, for those of you who are looking for high-resolution images for the forthcoming new vegas, click below... i might try to work one into signature art soon but, i don't know... i like my RDR one biggrin.gif...

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/scree...1&album=100.

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Mar 9 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #92

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

http://gamerant.com/fallout-vegas-screens-...bs-trung-12399/
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Apr 3 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #93

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Amazon says this game will be released November 16, 2010. I'm 99.99% sure they're just full of shit, but I decided to post it anyway.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Apr 4 2010, 04:26 AM
Post #94

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Apr 3 2010, 02:42 PM) *
Amazon says this game will be released November 16, 2010.
I'm 99.99% sure they're just full of shit, but I decided to post it anyway.

Still it's good to have a ball park date. tongue.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 2 2010, 01:26 AM
Post #95

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Fuck this fading out of memory shit. New Vegas is on my mind every single day, show some fucking love, you whores.

Read this shit.

And watch this.

This post has been edited by Emperor Massacre: May 2 2010, 01:27 AM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post May 3 2010, 03:08 PM
Post #96

Boss
Group Icon

This is still fresh on my mind. Like death, there is no escape from this game.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 3 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #97

woah, i need to check out all of that shit tonight, it's all blocked here at work... but, those are some kick-ass new screens biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 3 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #98

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I'm looking forward to using that ghetto sledgehammer. Also, check the Taliban face wrap in the far right of the second pic.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 3 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #99

i wonder if that dump truck in pic 2 is drivable?? it'd be like running over skags in borderlands, only it'll be raiders and mole rats...

EDIT: fuck, those were good reads... i'm liking the companion system more and more... even though i was a lone ranger in fallout 3, i still enjoyed company following me on quests... me and jericho were like peas and carrots...

the weapon mods are really going to change the combat dramatically i think... not the mechanics of VATS or anything like that but, the weapons you use will be hand-crafted by you... no more searching for 'ol painless or vengeance... instead, we'll be seeking out weapon mods locked away in chests to further improve lesser unique weapons... there might still be unique guns actually but, i can't wait to start mod'n weapons biggrin.gif...

that last paragraph in the IGN preview disappointed me because, they said the graphics look pretty much the same as they did in fallout 3... meaning, after two years they really haven't done much to that side of things... they improved the mechanics and the physics a bit but, they left the graphics alone... but then again, it could very easily be polished a little more near release and i'd be happy... i don't really care i guess but, i would of figured they would of put some effort into that department as well...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: May 4 2010, 01:17 AM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 4 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #100

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Trust me, when you can afford a new PC, you'll be glad the graphics aren't much different. Not that you need too much improvement when you're running on full graphics settings. I'm just hoping they fix the walking animations.

Has anyone seen The Road with Viggo Mortensen? It's got a Fallout-type story and the setting is a lot like Point Lookout. Makes me want a child/teenage companion for roleplaying.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 12:34 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4