IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General New Vegas Topic, pre-game/post-game discussion...
Massacre
post Feb 12 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #61

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I'm thinking of getting into modding, just so I can make this scavenger's home from the concept art a reality.

The one in the upper right.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 12 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #62

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

that looks like a kick ass living room biggrin.gif... i actually really enjoyed living in tepid sewers on one of my files, it was a really nice setup...

and yes, if i have a new powerful computer by the time this game comes out, i might be get it for both the PS3 and PC... PS3 for the trophies and the PC for the modding biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 12 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #63

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

If you have a grand to spare, the HP I bought is amazing. 8 gigs of ram, Nvidia GeForce 9500GS graphics card (although I'm currently sending in for a free replacement, the one that came with my PC makes a ton of noise all of a sudden), and all kinds of awesomeness. Worth every penny, this thing could even run GTA IV without any problems, not that I'm going to buy it or anything.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Feb 12 2010, 06:51 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 12 2010, 07:15 PM
Post #64

if i had a grand, i would of bought a new computer already laugh.gif... i spotted one a couple of months ago for $560... a very very powerful machine... the only catch was, you had to build it yourself... but, i got a friend who's built his own computers for like 10 years now so, i at least know someone with the knowledge of how to put it together biggrin.gif... then all i'd have to do is buy a new monitor...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 12 2010, 07:16 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 14 2010, 04:44 PM
Post #65

here's the xbox 360 magazine preview.... i'm reading it right now biggrin.gif...

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23740

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 14 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #66

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

I tend to agree with what Kashluk said.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 15 2010, 04:31 PM
Post #67

not me... i'm sick of reading comments from negative nancy's... if you don't wanna play it, don't play it... quit trying to convince others to not like it as well...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 15 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #68

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 15 2010, 11:31 AM) *
not me... i'm sick of reading comments from negative nancy's... if you don't wanna play it, don't play it... quit trying to convince others to not like it as well...

Eh, people are going to have their opinions either way. I never played the older games and Fallout 3 melted my face, therefore, Kashluk can suck my balls.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 15 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #69

yea, the guys that played the older ones like to bitch about the new games not being like the old one... i mean come on, those games were like 15 years ago... the times have changed, video games are in a different state, get with the program... quit clinging on to something that died years ago and embrace the re-emergence of the series... if you still don't like it, even though it is a fallout game then, go play the older ones again...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 15 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #70

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Shit, I wish I hadn't read Kashluk's comments, now I'm pissed off. That guy's a fucking idiot.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 15 2010, 06:09 PM
Post #71

Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 15 2010, 11:53 AM) *
yea, the guys that played the older ones like to bitch about the new games not being like the old one... i mean come on, those games were like 15 years ago... the times have changed, video games are in a different state, get with the program... quit clinging on to something that died years ago and embrace the re-emergence of the series... if you still don't like it, even though it is a fallout game then, go play the older ones again...

Hey, I'm one of those guys. But I was playing Mass Effect 2 last night and realized that they came up with a pretty decent system in their dialogue. Some options are obvious renegade/paragon, some aren't. And if you actually play the game, it's pretty easy to rack up points on either side. I'd kind of like to see something like that in the new Fallout games.

--------------------

The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 15 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #72

from what i've been reading, it sounds like the karma system and notoriety system seems to work towards labeling you as good or evil... each town remembers your actions within their borders, and a fame system will tell you how aggressive or nice towns and settlements will act towards your presence... i don't know but, to me, it sounds like the karma system has been fixed for new vegas... but, only time will tell once we all get our grubby little hands on a copy...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 15 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #73

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Geert Wilders @ Feb 15 2010, 01:09 PM) *

Hey, I'm one of those guys. But I was playing Mass Effect 2 last night and realized that they came up with a pretty decent system in their dialogue. Some options are obvious renegade/paragon, some aren't. And if you actually play the game, it's pretty easy to rack up points on either side. I'd kind of like to see something like that in the new Fallout games.

Funny, I just finished the first Mass Effect last night. Once I've handled my business online, I'll be starting ME2.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 15 2010, 07:15 PM
Post #74

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 15 2010, 01:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Geert Wilders @ Feb 15 2010, 01:09 PM) *

Funny, I just finished the first Mass Effect last night. Once I've handled my business online, I'll be starting ME2.

Both of these games are on my "to-play" list. Hopefully I can get to them both out before New Vegas arrives. Very interested to see how it compares to Fallout 3, haven't really experienced too many RPG's that are similar.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 15 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #75

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I just opened my copy of ME2 and there's a second disk. Wow.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 15 2010, 08:06 PM
Post #76

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Fuck you, Bioware. Fuck you, your poorly put together site, and your inability to explain how to redeem a fucking code that has now been wasted and can never be used again.

Now I have to fly all the way to shithole Redwood City, California to kill who knows how many people. Fucking Bioware...

This post has been edited by Massacre: Feb 15 2010, 08:08 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 16 2010, 02:08 AM
Post #77

Group Icon

ME2 and F3 makes me say this: I hear-by call a moratorium on all stupid fucking mini-games. Got I hate those things.

What code, Mass?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 16 2010, 07:08 AM
Post #78

QUOTE (Geert Wilders @ Feb 15 2010, 09:08 PM) *
ME2 and F3 makes me say this: I hear-by call a moratorium on all stupid fucking mini-games. Got I hate those things.

What code, Mass?

you mean, you don't want to gamble in new vegas? laugh.gif... i do, even if i have a bazillion caps... lol but seriously, that brings up a good point... i hope that caps aren't just freely everywhere in the latter levels like they were in F3... i can understand if your playing an evil character but, i don't want to have more than 2,000 caps... i feel like a CEO or something out there...

the hardcore mode offers up a nice challenge but, i am NOT taking that journey until i've seen what this world offers first...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 16 2010, 07:56 AM
Post #79

Group Icon

Caps is an enormous part of it, sure, but otherwise the games themselves were inane and unnecessary. I don't know a person who can honestly say that lock-picking on a PC is both fun and easy and adds enormously to the game. And I know I wasn't so coherent in my last comment, but the hacking a terminal thing was the biggest fucking waste of time, period. If you fuck up the first two times, just reset the console and try again. Rinse, repeat, loot. While Mass Effect has blast doors to explain away why my grenade launching Duke Nukem-looking motherfucker doesn't shotgun the shit out of every door he sees, Fallout has little excuse for the Oblivion level retardation. I fart Nooks you fucking cock sucker, I don't care if I just bombed my lockpick mini-game, open the door you bloody twat. These unpleasant interruptions often make me want to hammer the uninstall button.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 16 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #80

did they have lockpicking and terminal hacking in the older games?

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 05:04 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4