IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General New Vegas Topic, pre-game/post-game discussion...
Pieface
post Oct 18 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #381

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

I pre-ordered this last night. Look forward to it. Put plenty of hours into Fallout 3.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 18 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #382

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 18 2010, 11:34 AM) *
fuck you microsoft... buying exclusive DLC rights for 6 months has got to stop... NOW!!!! i can't believe bethesda agreed to this again... once again, they pissed on half their fans... doing this is not going to make me buy a 360, you idiots... quit thinking exclusive DLC moves systems... it didn't work for fallout 3, nor did it work for the liberty city episodes...

http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/18/bethesda-a...lc/#more-123816

fuck you, microsoft... thanks for ruining my new vegas experience before it even started... now i am going to have this thought in my head for the next year... fuck you and all your money...

Why the fuck does Microsoft not understand that it can still release the DLC for PC at the same time? Games for Windows Live is still Microsoft.

Fuck it, I'm not changing my preorder, Fallout is better on PC than 360 or PS3.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Oct 19 2010, 12:25 AM
Post #383

Jailbird
Group Icon

Maybe, because New Vegas is using Steam as DRM, so Microsoft wouldn't get any money from it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 19 2010, 12:39 AM
Post #384

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Fuck. And fuck Steam. I'm not buying shit through Steam, I'll pick up the 360 version when it's DLC time. GOTY for PC will come out soon enough.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Oct 19 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #385

Jailbird
Group Icon

I <3 Steam. No having to keep the Discs around, and can play the game from anywhere.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 19 2010, 01:02 AM
Post #386

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I have a shitty connection, I can't be downloading tons of shit. I don't mind having discs around anyway, I make things with the cases. Right now I have a tower I built to boost my mobile broadband signal, and a small wall built in front of one of my windows to keep glare off of my monitor.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 19 2010, 02:15 AM
Post #387

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

if i was going to a midnight release party i would be pretty excited right now, or if i had digital copy... but fuck gamestop and their vault 13 stuff... and fuck walmart for being a 2nd grade online retail store... i guess i should of expected delays in website updating, it's just like waiting in line to take something back...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 19 2010, 02:16 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 19 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #388

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I picked up a regular copy of Fallout: NV last night at a Gamestop midnight release, even though I didn't preorder. I paid them at 1130 and stuck around until midnight, got my copy and went home and went to sleep. I was exhausted. There's a sealed copy just waiting for me to get home. While I am at work today I am going to call around and see if anyone has a copy of the collector's edition in stock.

Anyway, I created an official gameplay thread.

http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/inde...howtopic=796738

We can keep this one rolling for non-gameplay related stuff like DLC or general Fallout discussion.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 19 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #389

i changed the topic title so we don't get it confused with the other one biggrin.gif... walmart officially states it's in transit to my location and should arrive by 3:00 pm... i should be getting off work at 2 but, i am still taking precautions and renting it... i'll take the rental back this afternoon if i get the game...

i'm fucking stoked though!! today has finally arrived!! there's about a dozen reviews out there too... i am getting the same general vibe from all of them... they say it's every bit of fallout 3, including all the bugs... and it seems to be that the 360 right now is the one that seems to be crashing... i haven't heard a PS3 reviewer say anything about that yet... but basically i am reading that, if yuo expected obisidian to overhaul the franchise, you were wrong... if you loved fallout 3, your going to love new vegas as it feels like a hundred hour expansion pack biggrin.gif... and that's the best news so far... more of the same is not a bad thing in this case...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 19 2010, 12:30 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 19 2010, 01:44 PM
Post #390

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 4 2010, 06:58 PM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 4 2010, 12:46 PM) *
I'm not going to bother with Fallout 3 now because I've got a busy time ahead of me with EFLC and RDR and this will be out by the time I'm bored with those.

You won't appreciate New Vegas without playing Fallout 3. Truth.

The hype for this game is infectious and I'm feeling really excited as you lot are. It's true I've never played any of the previous Fallout's but I reckon it wouldn't be a bad idea to start with NV. The only way I can appreciate the series so far is by reading what you guys have posted over the years, and boy do I feel left out.
So, is it worth me purchasing a copy of NV or not?
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 19 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #391

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 19 2010, 03:50 AM) *
I picked up a regular copy of Fallout: NV last night at a Gamestop midnight release, even though I didn't preorder. I paid them at 1130 and stuck around until midnight, got my copy and went home and went to sleep. I was exhausted. There's a sealed copy just waiting for me to get home. While I am at work today I am going to call around and see if anyone has a copy of the collector's edition in stock.

Anyway, I created an official gameplay thread.

http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/inde...howtopic=796738

We can keep this one rolling for non-gameplay related stuff like DLC or general Fallout discussion.

Thanks, Stoic. cool.gif

I'll be sure and post in your thread after the initial shock has worn off.
Picked up my copy and started a new game.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
GLC
post Oct 19 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #392

Anus.
Group Icon

Member No.: 38,852

biggrin.gif

Fucking Yanks.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 19 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #393

Boss
Group Icon

Called a Gamestop down the road from my office, they had 1 extra Collector's Edition. I took a 10AM lunch break and went to pick it up.

Fucking awesome. I'm going to sell a few of the individual poker chips on eBay along with my Classic Armor pack. The book is amazing - worth the collector's edition.

Also, the Lucky 38 token is my new card protector for when I play poker.

I'll try and post pictures later. Can't wait to get home and start playing.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 19 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #394

dude, family video did it right, there was 6 copies available to rent... but hopefully when i get home, it's sitting on my porch anyways... either way, i'm right on schedule to play this shortly after 2pm...

@marney - for fuck's sake, buy new vegas... so you didn't play fallout 3, big deal... if you want to join in on the fun then pick up new vegas... there's going to be like 6 of us playing this and discussing it... you might as well join in on the fun... you can always go back and play fallout 3 at another point in time... new vegas has a 1% tie in to fallout 3 and that's it.... so, you won't be lost when it comes to the story as it's entirely new... you'll be just as lost as me since i never played fallout 1 and 2 and new vegas has more tie-ins with those games...

get it and join in the conversation... it's going to be a fun few months biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 19 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #395

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

The only thing I was worried about was thought of it being a kind of continuing story but seeing as it's completely new I'll probably pick it up at the weekend. cool.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 19 2010, 06:48 PM
Post #396

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

The fuck. There's no Collector's Edition for PC, I had to get the 360 version.

I'm going to go read the graphic novel while taking an anger shit ( < trademarked), then I'll get into the game.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 19 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #397

Boss
Group Icon

The book is going on my coffee table. I will murder my wife if she spills a drink on it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 19 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #398

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

The cover reminds of the cover from that Green Day album in OPX's sig.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Oct 19 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #399

Jailbird
Group Icon

I wouldn't really pay extra for something I'd read once tbh. Did it with GTA4. Should of just roughed through it with an anger shit™ .

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Oct 20 2010, 04:47 AM
Post #400

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

The exclusive DLC's are selling for 20 dollars on ebay.. tempting but i'm keeping mine. Also, I'm surprised at the high quality of the collectors edition items. The poker chips are high quality like real poker chips not some cheap plastic which is what i was expecting.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:38 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4