IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it still possible to create a unique & original game?
Marney1
post Feb 19 2011, 07:06 PM
Post #21

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Feb 19 2011, 04:46 PM) *
This is something me and my friends talk about all the time. "New and original" ideas come from picking bits from completely different themes and building a connection between them, no matter how rational, it always works. This is good for story idea's, but the concept works for any part of the design process.

People think original game ideas appear out of the blue, but it's all built on old ideas, always.

That's why I think GTA is so appealing (especially San Andreas), they have a bit of everything thrown in. You've got the likes of Crazy Taxi, Pilot Wings etc. but who needs them when you can find them already in GTA?

I love adventure/mystery games and now that L.A. Noire and Sherlock Holmes are on the way things are looking up. Still love to see a modern day game that is so accurate you could walk up the driveway of your own house. Or shoot your neighbour's dog.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 19 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #22

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

Since I mentioned the Matrix, I think it needs to be said that movie redefined how we play games today. Which is interesting because all of the movie tie in games were retarded. These days, bullet time isn't even a staple, it's a requirement. People were so furious over not having it in Fallout that they built a mod to do it. So I guess inspiration can come anywhere. Personally, I'd sell my kidney to the person who gives me a Sims 3 mod that rebuilds Dark City/Matrix/City of Lost Children/City of Ember/Delicatessen. I love those types of cityscapes.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
alooper21
post Feb 19 2011, 11:32 PM
Post #23

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 754

i keep adding to that original game in my mind.

and it is possible, but it will be made when developers would think a little less at the easy target and a bit more at the purpose of the game.

This post has been edited by alooper21: Feb 19 2011, 11:33 PM

--------------------
Excerpt from GTA5:

Love is complicated :(
I fucked bitches... killed bitches... robbed bitches...
Maybe here... things won't be different :)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 20 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #24

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

Yeah, but in the end making games is about making money, so that is the purpose of the game.

What about playing the game in reverse biggrin.gif. That would be original. I'm thinking more along the lines of heavy rain than COD.

This post has been edited by Qdeathstar: Feb 20 2011, 03:39 PM

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Feb 21 2011, 05:21 PM
Post #25

Litterer

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,564

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 20 2011, 09:39 AM) *
What about playing the game in reverse biggrin.gif. That would be original. I'm thinking more along the lines of heavy rain than COD.

One of the hitman games was done in a story line where you end up playing missions from a previous game in reverse. It was either Contracts or Silent Assassin that did this.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 14 2011, 02:10 PM) *
We're more than capable of answering you, we're just not doing it because you're being a cunt, and it's you specifically we don't care about, we do care about the rest of the forums.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 22 2011, 04:04 AM
Post #26

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

No, I'm talking about actually reverse real time.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 22 2011, 04:14 AM
Post #27

Godfather
Group Icon

For some reason I remembered this advert going in reverse, thinking about it, it would have been funnier...

Actual reverse time? Back To The Future - Forward To The Past?

This post has been edited by Marney1: Feb 22 2011, 04:21 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 22 2011, 05:37 AM
Post #28

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

100% in reverse would be pretty unique. In fact, it's going to be the premise for my new game: Fuck It: The Man Who Didn't Bother

You start the game in black and white, dead at the feet of a menacing boos, and the color slowly seeps back into the screen as you reverse-fall into a standing position. You point empty guns at dead bodies and shoot to pull the bullets from the bodies and back into your gun as you walk backwards through the level, pulling bullets from bodies and undoing clever puzzles, with reverse car chases and whatnot thrown in for reverse variety. All the cut scenes are played in reverse, and even the subtitles are backwards. You backwalk through the entire game, undoing a long, brutal shooter that ended at the hands of a boss you weren't tough enough to kill, until you reach the start of the game, seconds before you enter enemy territory. Your character thinks for a moment, then says "Fuck it," walks into a nearby bar, and order a drink. The credits roll while your character drinks his beer, with the game playing in fast forward on a TV in the background.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Feb 22 2011, 05:41 AM

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 22 2011, 07:08 AM
Post #29

Godfather
Group Icon

How about a game where you're not not human. In fact, not resembling a human at all. You could be a bird and fly (obviously) around trying to catch insects in mid-air.............fuck it, silly idea, maybe a shark instead, you could sw.....

Hang on, got another one:

You get sucked into a giant computer and all the bugs and virus's are like real bugs and virus's only in robot form. Imagine ALIENS but in a computer.

Those ideas might sound like I'm joking but I'm not.

This post has been edited by Marney1: Feb 22 2011, 07:13 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 04:28 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4