IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Lost & Damned (PS3), Download or buy as part of EFLC now!
DuPz0r
post Apr 17 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #101

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 17 2010, 06:21 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 17 2010, 05:56 PM) *
i started to like the grainy look after a while... and yes, the weapons in this add-on were the highlight for me... the automatic combat shotgun, the sawed-off (which took out vehicles in 2 shots!!), the grenade launcher, the automatic pistol, and the pipe bombs... i used all of them all the time... not the sawed-off so much though once i unlocked the other one...

The sawn off was so-so, its only advantage was being able to use it on a bike, but I soon traded it in for the streetsweeper. Pipe bombs aren't much different from 'nades and the automatic pistol was nearly identical to the micro-uzi. The grenade launcher was probably my favourite for its uniqueness.

The filter took a bit of getting used to, especially in the dark clubhouse. I'm sure TBoGT has a filter too, the contrast between light and dark seems to be more noticeable.

Yeah i think TBoGT has a bit more of a higher saturation filter. Not so much that it is really noticeable, it just seems more colourful like Vice City.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Apr 17 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #102

LFC

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

I took the filter off after 5 mins, i dont like change when the original on iv was ok. i tested out both of the packs and i cant seem to choose which is best, especially after declaring more interest in TBOGT before i got my hands on them. so far so good, oh and the bikes feel wayyyyy better.

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Apr 17 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #103

Still Standing
Group Icon

The new bike handling is pretty amazing. I literally preferred driving bikes all the way through TL&D. Does anyone know if the handling for the bikes has been patched for IV and tBoGT too?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 17 2010, 10:42 PM
Post #104

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Bike handling is good and I'm pretty sure the cars feel more rugged and heavy. Also, what's this filter thing you lot are talking about?
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Apr 17 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #105

Still Standing
Group Icon

The fuzzy noise effect on screen.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 18 2010, 02:21 PM
Post #106

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

@ marney - the grainy look?? you don't notice it?? maybe non-HD people can't see the difference... and there isn't a filter on BOGT but, the color scheme has been given a very vibrant overhaul... the colors stand out more, which to me looks better than the original IV graphics...

and the bikes are not patched in the other games... luis still flies off bikes like niko mad.gif... so, if you want to ride a bike, i suggest fucking around in johnny's shoes...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 18 2010, 03:28 PM
Post #107

Godfather
Group Icon

Didn't say I didn't notice it. huh.gif
I'm HD'd up to fuck with the HDMI lead and I was messing about on TL&D MP and have decided I hate the look of it, it somehow just doesn't seem 3D with that look. Can't wait to move onto TBoGT.

Also I think the cars seem to have a bit of extra torque - quicker off the mark.

This post has been edited by marney1: Apr 18 2010, 03:32 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Apr 25 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #108

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

Finally finished 50 gang wars, they get bloody hard. At first I tried to keep my gang members alive, it went well up until the 20th war, then they started getting slaughtered during every battle, by the 40th it was rare for any of them to survive a single war. Their AI is horrible, I stop out of range of the enemies and creep towards them, but the gang members stay on their bikes, as soon as I fire the first shot they speed off on their bikes into the middle of the shooting. It annoyed me so much I tried to get them stuck behind obstacles so I could take out most of the enemies beforehand. (The drug wars in TBoGT are much easier IMO.)

Other annoyances; the rather large parking bay outside the second savehouse can only store two bikes, I know this is the case for savehouses in the base game, but I thought since this game revolves around bikes it would've been altered to accommodate more than two bikes. Also, as i've previously mentioned the bat can't be used on a bike outside of races.

This post has been edited by ViceMan: Apr 25 2010, 06:42 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 26 2010, 06:00 AM
Post #109

other annoyances - getting a text message during every fucking mission, telling you to call up clay and terry to help out... also, every now and then getting the pop-up telling you to play online mad.gif... building up your team's stats, only to watch you blow them all up when you took a shortcut through a gas station mad.gif... watching the roads and building textures pop-in frequently... crashing down to the streets in a helicopter has caused the worst of the texture problems... niko's journey wasn't nowhere near as bad with the pop-in...

just beat it the second time, and did about 20 turf war missions this time too... i was able to get a bike i missed the first time playing also... it was malc's custom double T, i found it at the end of that drug deal mission gone wrong... i also managed to cap all 50 seagulls chillin' 'round the LC... i love the innovation bike from playing the "club business" mode online... so, i had to unlock it in the single player mode of course biggrin.gif... i'm going to keep up with the side stuff but, i also want to play BOGT again...

question: do the 50 seagulls from TLAD count as the 50 in BOGT?? i mean, do i have to kill them all again or does the ones i killed during LTAD count?? i only ask because i don't see a map on the website for the 2nd DLC... i just see one for the lost add-on...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Apr 26 2010, 05:54 PM
Post #110

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 26 2010, 07:00 AM) *
other annoyances - getting a text message during every fucking mission, telling you to call up clay and terry to help out... also, every now and then getting the pop-up telling you to play online mad.gif...

Mildly annoying, although I can overlook both of those.

building up your team's stats, only to watch you blow them all up when you took a shortcut through a gas station mad.gif...

I assume you're referring to the one in the south of Alderney, it only happened to me once, but as I drove through it I knew they were going to hit one of the pumps. Although before that happened i'd actually driven through there with them a few times.

watching the roads and building textures pop-in frequently... crashing down to the streets in a helicopter has caused the worst of the texture problems... niko's journey wasn't nowhere near as bad with the pop-in...

Haven't noticed anything, although I never use the helicopter, just stick to the bikes.

question: do the 50 seagulls from TLAD count as the 50 in BOGT?? i mean, do i have to kill them all again or does the ones i killed during LTAD count?? i only ask because i don't see a map on the website for the 2nd DLC... i just see one for the lost add-on...

I think they're separate.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 26 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #111

pop-in - i may notice it a lot with the helicopters but, i still notice it often on a bike...

and yea, i'm talking about "that" gas station... but, i also lost two guys who were fully battle-hardened in that spat with brian down by the docks too... that one really pissed me off... i couldn't tell if they were trying to help me and died, or if they were on brian's side and i killed them... either way, i get pissed every time i lose one of those guys...

about the segulls - you still didn't quite answer the question... do i have to re-kill the seagulls in BOGT, even though i took care of all of them in TLAD?? if that's the case then fuck 'em... in TLAD you get the innovation, which i think is the best bike in the game... but, you only unlock the APC in BOGT... but, you can also call up henrique and he'll deliver one so, it's not a big deal really... i was just more concerned in case i wanted to get 100% of both add-ons...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Apr 26 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #112

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 26 2010, 08:18 PM) *
about the segulls - you still didn't quite answer the question... do i have to re-kill the seagulls in BOGT, even though i took care of all of them in TLAD?? if that's the case then fuck 'em... in TLAD you get the innovation, which i think is the best bike in the game... but, you only unlock the APC in BOGT... but, you can also call up henrique and he'll deliver one so, it's not a big deal really... i was just more concerned in case i wanted to get 100% of both add-ons...

Well let me put it this way, in TBoGT there are at least two seagulls on top of the Rotterdam tower, which aren't in those locations in TL&D. I remember killing them during Yusuf's mission. So i'd imagine they're all in different locations and need killing.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 27 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #113

Godfather
Group Icon

TL&D finished too soon for my liking and I hate the gritty texture and the ammount of slowdown I was experiencing throughout the game pissed me off. I'll start TBoGT tomorrow and forget about TL&D. mad.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Apr 27 2010, 02:14 AM
Post #114

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Gritty texture?

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 27 2010, 03:06 PM
Post #115

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Apr 26 2010, 09:58 PM) *
TL&D finished too soon for my liking and I hate the gritty texture and the ammount of slowdown I was experiencing throughout the game pissed me off. I'll start TBoGT tomorrow and forget about TL&D. mad.gif

they both finish up too soon... they're not very long in the GTA universe but, 8-10 hours is plenty long enough i guess...

@viceman - how come our iGTA site doesn't have a seagull map for BOGT??

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Apr 27 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #116

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 27 2010, 04:06 PM) *
@viceman - how come our iGTA site doesn't have a seagull map for BOGT??

I dunno, ask Psigh. He can tell you what you need to know.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_6 shooter_*
post Apr 30 2010, 09:10 AM
Post #117

Guests

bones: you don't need to re-kill the seagulls from TLAD in TBOGT. The 50 seagulls from TLAD and the 50 from TBOGT are DIFFERENT seagulls, in different locations.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 10 2010, 09:24 PM
Post #118

QUOTE (6 shooter @ Apr 30 2010, 05:10 AM) *
bones: you don't need to re-kill the seagulls from TLAD in TBOGT. The 50 seagulls from TLAD and the 50 from TBOGT are DIFFERENT seagulls, in different locations.

yea, i noticed this just the other day when roaming around in BOGT... i guess i am just surprised that psy didn't put together a seagull map for BOGT i guess... maybe if he did, i might actually care about getting them biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_6 shooter_*
post May 11 2010, 12:17 PM
Post #119

Guests

I pointed out the lack of the bird map for TBOGT to PSy in a thread on the old forums. He said he was to busy or sth, but in any way you can google the map easily.

AFAIR, birds in TLAD and TBOGT weren't as hard to spot as in GTA IV. Not only cause there's less of them, they're mainly in open spaces, easy to spot - you don't need screenshots to find them.
Achievements

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 05:29 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4