TheAnalogKid2112
post Dec 22 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #21

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

His loss choosing this over Fallout 3.

This game looks pretty cool. I may rent it after I get my hands on Uncharted or rent Borderlands.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Dec 22 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #22

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

I'll pass. There's still too many games I need. If I find this lying in the $3.99 bin some day I might just grab it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 22 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #23

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 22 2009, 02:27 PM) *
I'll pass. There's still too many games I need. If I find this lying in the $3.99 bin some day I might just grab it.

Yeah, you can never get too much Armored Core. Fag.

I wouldn't pick this over any of the newer games if you have the option. I'm pretty sure the price has already dropped. I think the PANDEMIC title aspect of it hurt it in a lot of people's minds before they really gave it a chance. It really is a great game, a great combination of a lot of different games with a good story and the opportunity to kill Nazis.

Win, win, win.

QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 22 2009, 02:25 PM) *
This game looks pretty cool. I may rent it after I get my hands on Uncharted or rent Borderlands.

It might be good to rent it to see if you like it, but due the epic nature of the game; it's definitely a keeper. I'll probably still be blowing up Nazi fuel depots months from now.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 22 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #24

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

that someday may be a couple of years from now... and by then, you won't even care to pick it up... i almost bought it a couple days ago when saw some special with either bestbuy or walmart for $40... but, i am sure that sometime in the new year, the price will permanently go down to $40...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 22 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #25

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 22 2009, 03:17 PM) *

that someday may be a couple of years from now... and by then, you won't even care to pick it up... i almost bought it a couple days ago when saw some special with either bestbuy or walmart for $40... but, i am sure that sometime in the new year, the price will permanently go down to $40...

I imagine it will be fixed at $40 very soon.

That's a real steal. You'll probably be able to get it cheaper used, but then you'll have to download the nudity patch.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 22 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 22 2009, 03:32 PM) *

That's a real steal. You'll probably be able to get it cheaper used, but then you'll have to download the nudity patch.

is that patch for disabling nudity or to enable it? because, i thought i read that this game shipped with nudity... i'm not about to pay $3 for nudity in a game... i saw that in the PS store update last week and laughed... lol, but the sad thing is, i will probably get the add-on anyways if i have to...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 22 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #27

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 22 2009, 04:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 22 2009, 03:32 PM) *

is that patch for disabling nudity or to enable it? because, i thought i read that this game shipped with nudity... i'm not about to pay $3 for nudity in a game... i saw that in the PS store update last week and laughed... lol, but the sad thing is, i will probably get the add-on anyways if i have to...

The nudity code comes free with the game; but it is a download. If you buy the game used, the code will probably have already been used, thus it is available online for you to retrieve. If you don't have online gaming, WTF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 22 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #28

if you don't have online gaming then, you must still be playing on a PS2 or gamecube...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 26 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #29

i'm buying this here in a couple of hours... i didn't get any video games for christmas... i got pretty much everything else i wanted but, i didn't get any video games... i thought about just going out and buying uncharted 2 but, that game still retails for $60... the saboteur is $40 at bestbuy so, i'm just going to go and get that instead... i'll get uncharted when it hits $40 itself...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 28 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #30

ZOMG!!! triple post!!

ok, lets get this out there right now... this is not assassin's creed or infamous or grand theft auto or metal gear solid or mercenaries or sly cooper or godfather II or any of that shit... yet it borrows from all of that shit...

assassin's creed (CQC combat and scaling buildings)
infamous (ditto on building-scaling but, collecting shards/intel = destroying nazi shit)
grand theft auto (sandbox driving and robust city)
metal gear solid (stealth and infiltrating... yes, stealth is involved and yes, it can be used quite effectively)
mercenaries (milder destruction but, the one great element this title steals from their previous pandemic games tho)
sly cooper (IDK but i feel like sly, scouting strongholds from rooftops and infiltrating undetected)
godfather II (it's also from EA and the menus, graphics, and game play feel eerily similar)

there were times when i was playing this that i felt like i was a basterd from tarintino's new flick laugh.gif... walk up on a lone nazi in the streets and snap his neck... take his suit to infiltrate an area on alert... destroy the tower... shoot my way out... flee the pursuing nazi's... ... biggrin.gif... do a mission for the family, which deals with getting revenge on more nazi's... it's like he's collecting scalps without actually cutting them off... he's turning into more of a badass the more i play, the more i understand the scheme and unlock new tools... and that's almost assassin's creed II-like...

the art direction is one to behold as well... if only this game were given more time, or had an amazing graphics team, this would be one of the best artist visions in video games... never mind the fact that color is restored to areas that you've helped liberate, or that things don't quite look polished... forget all of that, the rainy colorless streets of nazi occupied france are really fucking awesome to take in... the only colors you see are lights, blue contraband (currency), and red nazi shit... it really makes the area feel dark and dangerous... something you might want to be a little careful through... it's the boldest artistic moves in graphics that i've seen in i can't remember... it's immerse...

i like this game... the flashback that you could actually play and interact with near the beginning was really fucking sweet as well... it seemed to give to the story more strength and really, the story is starting to feel more involved... and i guess you can chalk that up to some pretty decent voice acting and writing... it's witty and devastating at the same time...

a game well worth $60 and, a game well worth checking out for those of you that spot in the bargain bin for $20 because you decided to pass on it... it's understandable... not everyone is interested in these games but, do know that there is fun to be had for a few bucks in the future...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 28 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #31

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 28 2009, 03:21 AM) *
ZOMG!!! triple post!!

ok, lets get this out there right now... this is not assassin's creed or infamous or grand theft auto or metal gear solid or mercenaries or sly cooper or godfather II or any of that shit... yet it borrows from all of that shit...

assassin's creed (CQC combat and scaling buildings)
infamous (ditto on building-scaling but, collecting shards/intel = destroying nazi shit)
grand theft auto (sandbox driving and robust city)
metal gear solid (stealth and infiltrating... yes, stealth is involved and yes, it can be used quite effectively)
mercenaries (milder destruction but, the one great element this title steals from their previous pandemic games tho)
sly cooper (IDK but i feel like sly, scouting strongholds from rooftops and infiltrating undetected)
godfather II (it's also from EA and the menus, graphics, and game play feel eerily similar)

there were times when i was playing this that i felt like i was a basterd from tarintino's new flick laugh.gif... walk up on a lone nazi in the streets and snap his neck... take his suit to infiltrate an area on alert... destroy the tower... shoot my way out... flee the pursuing nazi's... ... biggrin.gif... do a mission for the family, which deals with getting revenge on more nazi's... it's like he's collecting scalps without actually cutting them off... he's turning into more of a badass the more i play, the more i understand the scheme and unlock new tools... and that's almost assassin's creed II-like...

the art direction is one to behold as well... if only this game were given more time, or had an amazing graphics team, this would be one of the best artist visions in video games... never mind the fact that color is restored to areas that you've helped liberate, or that things don't quite look polished... forget all of that, the rainy colorless streets of nazi occupied france are really fucking awesome to take in... the only colors you see are lights, blue contraband (currency), and red nazi shit... it really makes the area feel dark and dangerous... something you might want to be a little careful through... it's the boldest artistic moves in graphics that i've seen in i can't remember... it's immerse...

i like this game... the flashback that you could actually play and interact with near the beginning was really fucking sweet as well... it seemed to give to the story more strength and really, the story is starting to feel more involved... and i guess you can chalk that up to some pretty decent voice acting and writing... it's witty and devastating at the same time...

a game well worth $60 and, a game well worth checking out for those of you that spot in the bargain bin for $20 because you decided to pass on it... it's understandable... not everyone is interested in these games but, do know that there is fun to be had for a few bucks in the future...

Good review bones, my thoughts exactly. The only comparison you left out was to Okami - replenishing color to an area choked out by evil. Glad you got the game though.

Anyway, I played last night for the first time in about a week or so (been slammed by the holidays, work, etc.) and I played through a mission where you infiltrate a Nazi base and essentially crash a zeppelin. It was the first mission I used stealth successfully in. I managed to get past about 25-30 guard before I decided it might be more effective to use a trench gun to blast my way through the rest of the base. The mission played out like a movie; cinematic explosions; catchy one-liners ("Master race my ass!"); beautiful cut-scenes.

Dare I say I like this game more than GTA4? Yes. More action, better setting, characters, story and concept.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 28 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #32

he's got a tendency to use "ass or "arse" a lot... the one liners are pretty funny and you hear them a lot just walking the streets... my favorite one is, "top of the mornin' to you, or whatever time it is" biggrin.gif...

i am not sure if i can say it is better than GTA4 but, it's pretty fun nonetheless... when driving, you get a sense that this world is nearly as big as liberty city... it does take a while to get from one end to the other... infiltration a base is quite difficult at times... because, even though your in costume, you can't just walk right pass a soldier... you have to do it from a short distance... it's fun to walk the streets in nazi garb, harassing the jews too... i'll act like an ass to them, it's funny sometimes...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 1 2010, 10:26 PM
Post #33

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I'm getting this tommorrow, I think it's going for 30 in some stores.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 2 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #34

it went back to $60 at bestbuy... good thing i got it when i did... i'm kicking myself for not getting dragon age: origins for $40 yesterday... the bestbuy rep told me it was going back up to $60 monday... i've been interested in that game as well...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 2 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #35

Godfather
Group Icon

My missus has just come in with my copy of The Saboteur from GAME (forgot to take my Gamestation gift card) where it was in a sale for 29.98. Good deal considering if she bought the same game pre-owned from the same store it would have been 37!!

She asked why pre-owned was 37 and the assistant told her it was because pre-owned games are not in the sale. huh.gif

This post has been edited by marney1: Jan 2 2010, 06:50 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 2 2010, 07:25 PM
Post #36

have fun blowing shit up biggrin.gif... i spent almost all of one evening taking out nazi stuff and barely made a dent in the map, lol... this game is going to keep you busy for sure... i'm about a third of the way through the story yet, i've only taken out about 3% of the nazi shit scattered across the map... there's over 700 in just paris alone...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jan 2 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #37

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I like the look of this game. Does it have endurance or does it get real boring real quick? Is it a sandbox game or is it more or less linear?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 2 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #38

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 2 2010, 07:42 PM) *
I like the look of this game. Does it have endurance or does it get real boring real quick? Is it a sandbox game or is it more or less linear?

Well it's got tits in it.

Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Jan 2 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #39

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 2 2010, 07:47 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 2 2010, 07:42 PM) *

Well it's got tits in it.

Its too fucking short! I suppose, however, he is irish, so he can not last the full 10 minutes us English can.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 3 2010, 03:23 AM
Post #40

Godfather
Group Icon

Played upto where I have to follow Dierker following the Grand Prix and first impressions are that it's going to be a great story and game. Normally I turn the music off if a game allows but I think I'll leave it on with this one to give me the right feel of where I'm supposed to be.
The roads and countryside (and the towns) give you a real feel of the 1940's and the vehicles handle like I'd probably expect them to have done back then. The cut scenes are full of funny innuendos and I've got 'titties' turned on which is a must if you ask me.
The map seems quite big and I can't wait to go for an uninterrupted drive round it.

Been free roaming for a few hours and picking off the odd lone sentry which is a laugh. Got chased by loads of nazis with what I thought was no chance of getting away so I rammed my car into some kind of fuel depot to go out with a bang but somehow survived the explosion. Sean said something like "Feckin' hell I'm bleeding all over!"

This post has been edited by marney1: Jan 3 2010, 07:23 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 12:29 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4