Post #101

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 5 2010, 08:04 PM) *
Palais Royale; I was stuck on this for ages because the AA guns were no use against two of the zeppelins but they were OK to take out two patrolling ones about a mile away. I decided I was going to need some kind of rocket launcher so before I was about to leave to find one I threw a grenade (out of frustration) at one of them and it bounced on the top twice then exploded taking the fucker out too.
Facepalm moment then I did the same with the last one and because I'd been on it for so long it was so nice to see the colour return.

I'm so happy I feel like killing a civilian.

hmm, side mission perhaps? i need to play some more of these... i think i've done maybe two of them... i'm about to go start a long gaming session, if my friends don't call to hang out... i'm giving them a half hour laugh.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 6 2010, 02:45 AM
Post #102

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

Anyone know why some nazi bodies glow on and off? I stand over them but it doesn't offer me anything.

I got hold of a Panther MK2 tank but for some reason nothing happened when I got to the garage so it's not on the vehicle list. Anyway I decided to try another garage and on the way I took out 8 nazi vehicles which were counting toward my perk challenge; 'Destroy 20 Nazi vehicled with 1 vehicle' then my PS3 froze and had to be turned off by the standby button on the PS3 itself.
I also had an AR33 which the garage wouldn't take but it's taken a Bauer and a Bauer Fuel Truck.

Came across what I think was a Wulf (the experimental tank) it had a double turrett but I couldn't get inside so I planted some dynamite on it and there was an explosion but no damage, a second or two later a Nazi climbed out and stood on top with the hatch left open which I thought might be my chance but then it blew up.

Some weird shit happens in this game.

This post has been edited by marney1: Jan 6 2010, 04:07 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 6 2010, 08:08 AM
Post #103

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 5 2010, 09:45 PM) *
Came across what I think was a Wulf (the experimental tank) it had a double turrett but I couldn't get inside so I planted some dynamite on it and there was an explosion but no damage, a second or two later a Nazi climbed out and stood on top with the hatch left open which I thought might be my chance but then it blew up.

it was a wulf, and that's how it explodes... an initial fire, then BOOM!! i know because, i have the remote detonators now biggrin.gif... and the next perk requires that i destroy a few of those... i've blown up 2 so far...

yes, i have RDX... i got the opportunity of a lifetime when i did a side-quest for the priest... i blew up 4 of them on that mission, then shot off a few rounds to alert another vehicle after i passed the mission... planted another and viola... i would imagine hanging out in the woods and ambushing the incoming enemy vehicles would work too... i was going to do that until this opportunity presented itself... it can't be too hard to blow up 5 vehicles in 5 minutes...

these bastards are fun!! you no longer get spotted at the scene of the crime because, you can just plant one (or two) and sit back from a distance and watch the fireworks...

bought the rocket launcher as well... took down my first airborne zeppelin and various other nazi crap biggrin.gif... i also purchased the scoped-something... not the carbine but, the other one, the more expensive one... got the "kill 5 with the sniper rifle" perk, and have 11/15 for headshot kills...

i only really did a few side quests and a ton of ambient freeplays... did that one where you had to snipe that guy who had a couple of doubles walking around, and completed a couple for the priest as well... i'm still at 49% but, my freeplay completion jumped to 17%... also unlocked the "chain smoker" trophy, lol laugh.gif...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 6 2010, 08:46 AM
Post #104

Godfather
Group Icon

Missions - 35%
Freeplay - 9%
Zeppelins Destroyed - 33

I got on a couple off AA Guns after taking out the guards one by one. Had to run out of the suspicion zone each time but in the end I was free to take out zeppelins at will with no one showing up to challenge me. Earned 3,000 contraband and decided that was enough but then I had to escape a Level 4 Alarm which was hard as fuck.
My poor little sports car had no doors left on it and a flat tyre which I didn't even know you could get lol.
I found the best way to get away from the Level 4 Alarm was to go cross-country, less enemy vehicles are likely to spawn if you stay away from the roads.

I decided to unlock a Gold Perk but was stuck between a choice of 3 which interested me but finally settled for the Terror Scoped Rifle (semi auto beast) I presume that's the one you got?

How do you kiss girls? (Now there's something you don't ask everyday)

I also did a mission for the Priest where I had to wait for his signal ("Blow his fucking head off!").

I'm loving this more and more every hour mainly due to the fact you can take as long as you like which gives it a real time feel. AMAZING!!!! I can't believe we're the only ones here playing this, they're all missing out.

TAKE THAT NAZI!

This post has been edited by marney1: Jan 6 2010, 09:16 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 6 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #105

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 5 2010, 08:04 PM) *
Palais Royale; I was stuck on this for ages because the AA guns were no use against two of the zeppelins but they were OK to take out two patrolling ones about a mile away. I decided I was going to need some kind of rocket launcher so before I was about to leave to find one I threw a grenade (out of frustration) at one of them and it bounced on the top twice then exploded taking the fucker out too.
Facepalm moment then I did the same with the last one and because I'd been on it for so long it was so nice to see the colour return.

I had the same issue with the AA gun. Was it the one on the front left corner?

Anyone know why some nazi bodies glow on and off? I stand over them but it doesn't offer me anything.

Dead Nazis? The live ones glow depending on your suspicion level.

Agreed. Last night, I did the side mission for the Old Lady (Margot?) which involved taking out the General in the bulletproof car. After blowing him and his Nazi pals to hell, I went to the viewpoint on the opposite side of the building and there was a Nazi floating 20 feet off the roof. There was no tower, no indication of a tower, this guy was just floating. I verified there was nothing beneath him by walking underneath him and shooting him in the dick; which killed him and caused him to fall to the roof where I was. Can't have Nazi's floating around Paris.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 6 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #106

Godfather
Group Icon

The 'two' indestructable zeppelins were in the middle; one either side .

The dead Nazis that glow - I don't see the point, unless they were glowing before I killed them.

Haven't done the general in the bullet-proof car yet but I did 'Act One' (Dierker) what an epic mission that was.

Missions 47%
Freeplay 15%
Nazis Killed 915
Zeppelins Destroyed 50
On Foot 106.28 km (Done nothing but run away)

I managed to turn my sports car onto it's roof while being chased which was a suprise as it seemed impossible to do up until that moment.
The Mausoleum mission was mega hard IMO I just went into gun 'n' run mode in the end and it paid off.
Had a few Nazis floating round but not as high as the one you shot in the bollocks, maybe Sean's permanently half pissed and that's why we see shit like that?

The map didn't appear that big to me at first but now it just seems immense and the countryside just rolls on forever in some places, love it absolutely love it!

This post has been edited by marney1: Jan 6 2010, 03:12 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 6 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #107

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 6 2010, 03:08 AM) *
yes, i have RDX... i got the opportunity of a lifetime when i did a side-quest for the priest... i blew up 4 of them on that mission, then shot off a few rounds to alert another vehicle after i passed the mission... planted another and viola... i would imagine hanging out in the woods and ambushing the incoming enemy vehicles would work too... i was going to do that until this opportunity presented itself... it can't be too hard to blow up 5 vehicles in 5 minutes...

these bastards are fun!! you no longer get spotted at the scene of the crime because, you can just plant one (or two) and sit back from a distance and watch the fireworks...

bought the rocket launcher as well... took down my first airborne zeppelin and various other nazi crap biggrin.gif... i also purchased the scoped-something... not the carbine but, the other one, the more expensive one... got the "kill 5 with the sniper rifle" perk, and have 11/15 for headshot kills...

i only really did a few side quests and a ton of ambient freeplays... did that one where you had to snipe that guy who had a couple of doubles walking around, and completed a couple for the priest as well... i'm still at 49% but, my freeplay completion jumped to 17%... also unlocked the "chain smoker" trophy, lol laugh.gif...

I got RDX last night too. I found a parade of Sturmwagens down the hill from the titty club and couldn't pass up the opportunity. I placed 3 dynamite between the cars (drawing tons of attention) and blew everything in the street up, AT LEAST 5 Nazi vehicles. The RDX changes everything. I had one chain of explosions that net me over 1,500 in Contraband. You can detonate multiple RDX by re-selecting the RDX after you've placed one. I cleared a full field of cows with RDX too. Steaks for dinner.

I finished out my sniper perks, got the gold one as well, for killing 2 for 1's with the Sniper Rifle. I think I'm only going to use my sniper rifle for 2 for 1's and headshots. My accuracy percentage is over 100% with the sniper rifle. Anyway, the last gold perk unlocked the TERROR SCOPED RIFLE. I haven't gotten to play with it, I bought it at the end of the night. It holds up to 200 rounds of ammo. I'm hoping it has a suppressor or something which makes my shots silent. I'll change my name to Frederick Zoller. The rifle you got bought is the Steiner Rifle. Pretty awesome, HELLA powerful compared to the regular scoped carbine.

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 6 2010, 03:46 AM) *
I decided to unlock a Gold Perk but was stuck between a choice of 3 which interested me but finally settled for the Terror Scoped Rifle (semi auto beast) I presume that's the one you got?

I used my free Gold Perk on the Mechanic strand of perks. That's the one where you have to collect every vehicle in the game. That kind of collection drives me fucking nuts. There's enough freeplay items to do where I'm not going to concern myself with that kind of shit. The sniping gold perk was relatively easy to achieve. I just threw a grenade, ran away, waited for a Sturmwagen to unload some troops and then lined up two in a row. BLAM! There were also a few instances where two Nazi's were just walking down the street, almost in a line, as if they KNEW I wanted to save ammunition while splitting their heads open.

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 6 2010, 03:46 AM) *
How do you kiss girls? (Now there's something you don't ask everyday)

The hardest part about this is finding a girl available to kiss. They only appear during low-level Alarms (only at Level 1 at first, there is a perk that allows them to be available during Level 2 as well). They work just like a hiding spot, approach them and press Y or Triangle to initiate the makeout sequence. After the guards run by, Sean usually has something smooth to say to the lady. I've only kissed 5 or 6 girls, very hard to find. If you're trying to get the achievement/trophy, when you find one, keep causing an alarm in that area and running back to the same girl. They're fixtures on the map, like a shed or hatch.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 6 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #108

Godfather
Group Icon

I'm 49% now (just done the chemical factory) and I've seen loads of Rocket Lancher ammo but haven't come across one yet, how the hell do I get my hands on one?
Also haven't done a time trial - any clues?

Oh thanks for the 'kissing girls' info I'll give that a shot.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 6 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #109

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 6 2010, 10:57 AM) *
I'm 49% now (just done the chemical factory) and I've seen loads of Rocket Lancher ammo but haven't come across one yet, how the hell do I get my hands on one?

There's one IN the walls of the Chemical Factory. If your back is to the river, it is along the right side. It is on the right side of the building just to the right of the fixed machine gun, in a long crate marked with a red fire emblem. It's skinner, shorter, but longer than the other crates which have dynamite and grenades.

I'm not sure WHAT I did to unlock the rocket launcher in the store, but I remember the sales guy making an announcement about new powerful weapons available.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 6 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #110

the rocket launcher unlocks around the time you get your checkpoint papers...

as for the time trial mission, that comes shortly after you do the mission for the new branch of resistance on the western side of the map... it's that prison mission me and stoic have talked about... once you complete that, a couple of races will unlock... a time trial and an actual race that took me three tries to beat... that lead racer is one tough bastard to pass...

the RDX proved to be the ticket last night for those freeplay zones that are very close together... i could plant a charge, set it off, wait for the enemies to turn their attention towards that, then plant another, wait for the search zones to disappear, and take out the final one... with the dynamite, there wasn't enough time to get to the other side of the freeplays... these bastards are fun to play with..

marney, it sounds like your about to pass me in stats biggrin.gif... unless i get cranking on some missions, you'll be passed me probably tonight... i've been putting a lot of focus and attention on freeplay zones... i want to get my percentage to 25% before i attempt my next main story mission...

and i have no clue why more people aren't playing this game... 7 pages of dialog in the assassin's creed II thread but, this thread is going to blow past that in a day or two... and probably continue to grow since, neither of us are very far into the game...

i love this game!!

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jan 6 2010, 04:44 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 6 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #111

Boss
Group Icon

I'm leaving this website and starting a new website; isaboteur.com.

I'm shocked no one is playing this little wonder as well. It's feckin awesome.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 6 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #112

i like this game so much that i am going to try and make some new sig art biggrin.gif... it's a slow day today at work...

you know, it's kind of funny... here i am destroying these freeplay zones... i've probably knocked down at least a hundred of these yet, it's not getting old... i thought this part was going to be extremely repetitive but, half of them are approached differently... maybe there's a guard tower that will spot you entering a restricted area, or spot you approaching a tank to blow up... maybe there's a few things right next to each, or a tower that is nicely tucked away in a spot that makes it almost impossible to approach without being seen... or, you get ready to climb a wall and a nazi appears on your map... now you have to wait until he isn't looking at you... then, another one walks into the map and decides to round up a jew... so, you wait it out some more...

each freeplay zone almost feels different yet, they're not... i've cleared 4 districts (not areas but, the little zones blocked of by thick lines on the map)... and i am damn near close to clearing out a couple more... yet, i'm at like 17% completed... i could spend the next week focusing on only freeplay zones and still not get them all... there's just so damn many of them...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 6 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #113

Godfather
Group Icon

Sounds like where I came across the launcher rounds at the chemical factory but I can go back and check. I'm about to get the checkpoint papers but have to do a mission first 'cos the cunt won't give them up.
I've got something like 21 hours play done but it's only because (once again) I've been up ALL night and tonight won't be any diferent, my wife is staying at work for the second night running because no public transport is running in the whole of Liverpool because London has robbed our grit.

Just been the pub for a pint of Guinness and a few grams of Peruvian Flake and just got myself a bottle of Jack Daniel's a bottle of Smirnoff and bottle of Coke so I can stay up in case my 32 year old body tries to sleep.

Still only got the one race car though and no perks in cars/racing.

iSaboteur.com eh? lol I was gonna search 'TheSaboteurForum.com' earlier and thought if it doesn't exist I'm claiming the domain. (Haven't searched yet).
I'm playing with 'normal' difficulty and it feels just right; not too hard and certainly not easy - how about you two?

As regards to the others here who aren't interested in the game I felt the same until Stoic's review which made my mind up for me (and yours bOnEs) because crytic reviews were harsh so thanks again because this really is a game not to be missed. YouTube is full of 'The Saboteur - FUNNY GLITCH - CRAZY BUG' blah blah and I suppose they're not helping with sales.
I did read though that EA said a sequel is highly likely IF sales impress.

PS; Have you noticed all the black women?

This post has been edited by marney1: Jan 6 2010, 06:07 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 6 2010, 06:40 PM
Post #114

what black women? what black men for that matter?

i'm playing on normal too... i thought for a second i was going to have to bump the difficulty down to easy on the race mission... but, i passed it after the third try so, i didn't bother... normal feels right for me as well so far... but, i got nothing against bumping the difficulty down if you have problems with a certain mission... i do that sometimes with other games that offer that option... if the going gets tough, i bump it down until i am done with the mission that's giving me fits... i'm not one to get frustrated over one mission... just to pass it, i'll change the difficulty...

check out my new sig biggrin.gif... it's not perfect but, it's close enough....

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jan 6 2010, 06:42 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 6 2010, 07:15 PM
Post #115

Boss
Group Icon

I'm playing on Normal too. It's difficult enough that I ENJOY it without getting frustrated. It seems like I can absorb a hundred bullets before I die, I think if you bumped UP the difficulty you would just die quicker.

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 6 2010, 12:56 PM) *

I haven't seen one black person, TBH.

ALSO, not sure if either of you follow Zero Punctuation, but Yahtzee reviewed it last week. Pretty funny, but still casts a negative light on the game.

ZP - Saboteur
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 6 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #116

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 6 2010, 02:15 PM) *
ALSO, not sure if either of you follow Zero Punctuation, but Yahtzee reviewed it last week. Pretty funny, but still casts a negative light on the game.

ZP - Saboteur

blocked... stupid work... they didn't used to block websites until about 6 months ago...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 7 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #117

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 6 2010, 07:15 PM) *
I'm playing on Normal too. It's difficult enough that I ENJOY it without getting frustrated. It seems like I can absorb a hundred bullets before I die, I think if you bumped UP the difficulty you would just die quicker.

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 6 2010, 12:56 PM) *

I haven't seen one black person, TBH.

ZP - Saboteur

The black women aren't really dark but they look like they're of African descent to me.

That review didn't do much good for the game did it? Sounds like he might play through the games as fast as he talks and you can't do that with The Saboteur but I do agree with the camera angle being annoying while driving. I'm constantly pulling the camere down to see the horizon so I can see where I'm going but it just seems to be in the built up areas I need to do that.
Problem having to drive all the way across the map for your next mission? It got tedious for me in GTA4 but I like a long drive in the countryside with this on especially in a race car.

Didn't play at all last night because I ended up drunk looking at porn.

This post has been edited by marney1: Jan 7 2010, 01:48 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 7 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #118

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 7 2010, 08:46 AM) *
Didn't play at all last night because I ended up drunk looking at porn.

Me neither, I went to bed hella early and fondled my wife.

I think I dreamed about the Saboteur if that means anything. I was tempted to call in late this morning and take out all the freeplay targets in Le Havre. Probably tonight's mission.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 7 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #119

wow, none of us played last night... i ended up getting stoned with a friend and we watched "no country for old men" on USA...

watched that video though... while funny, that guy just talks too damn fast... plus, i don't think he's ever given a positive review...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 7 2010, 03:10 PM
Post #120

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 7 2010, 03:07 PM) *
wow, none of us played last night... i ended up getting stoned with a friend and we watched "no country for old men" on USA...

watched that video though... while funny, that guy just talks too damn fast... plus, i don't think he's ever given a positive review...

Paris needs us back.
Achievements

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 04:14 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4