Post #61

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 11 2010, 09:36 AM) *
Shit, I didn't realize the demo was out. I'm downloading it, but I'm weary about playing it. I need to beat Godfather 2 before I dive into another sandbox gangster game.

you know, i am tempted to re-purchase godfather 2... it's under $10 used on amazon... i've been wanting to create another don and build my empire from the ground up again biggrin.gif... it has fun, arcadish controls and shootouts... and i miss it sad.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Aug 11 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #62

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 11 2010, 06:00 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 11 2010, 09:36 AM) *
Shit, I didn't realize the demo was out. I'm downloading it, but I'm weary about playing it. I need to beat Godfather 2 before I dive into another sandbox gangster game.

you know, i am tempted to re-purchase godfather 2... it's under $10 used on amazon... i've been wanting to create another don and build my empire from the ground up again biggrin.gif... it has fun, arcadish controls and shootouts... and i miss it sad.gif...

I did consider buying Godfather 2 at one time, I think it was after the fun of GTA IV had worn off, but it didn't seem to get good reviews.

This post has been edited by ViceMan: Aug 11 2010, 05:40 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 11 2010, 06:02 PM
Post #63

it's like the saboteur... you have to look past the reviews, or just gather what you want from them... it's fun but, it's not the greatest game ever made... but, it'll keep you entertained... but, if your about to buy mafia II then, you might as well just pass on this until a later date... buy this later this year when your bored and looking for something else to play...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Aug 11 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #64

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 11 2010, 07:02 PM) *
it's like the saboteur... you have to look past the reviews, or just gather what you want from them... it's fun but, it's not the greatest game ever made... but, it'll keep you entertained... but, if your about to buy mafia II then, you might as well just pass on this until a later date... buy this later this year when your bored and looking for something else to play...

Oh yeah I wasn't going to bother getting it now, I resisted that urge to buy on an impulse, but since i've started buying online i've become rather reckless.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 11 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #65

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I had the Godfather 2. i liked it. But i think this will be better. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Aug 12 2010, 12:10 AM
Post #66

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

Thought the Demo was a bit meh to be honest. Not a game I'd pay RRP on at all

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 12 2010, 04:32 AM
Post #67

yea i agree... for me, it's a game i'll dip into later on... maybe a rental, or maybe for $30... i still have just cause 2 ahead of it though for sandbox games that i need to play... like stoic, i got priorities and prior purchases to play, like dragon age right now... and renting naughty bear in i'm guessing a few weeks...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Aug 12 2010, 04:34 AM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 12 2010, 12:07 PM
Post #68

Still Standing
Group Icon

I went back and played the demo for a second time just to see what the other icons were on the map. I first went to the clothing shop and bought a nice gangster suit with hat. I then went to the Mod shop and personalized my plates and changed the paintwork/bumpers/wheels. And then i went to the diner just outside of Misery Lane and drunk about 20 bottles of beer before starting the mission. The character was fucked by the time i got in to the brewery. He was staggering slightly (no where near as bad as IV) and the screen was blurring in and out of focus like mad!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Aug 12 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #69

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 11 2010, 11:32 PM) *
yea i agree... for me, it's a game i'll dip into later on... maybe a rental, or maybe for $30... i still have just cause 2 ahead of it though for sandbox games that i need to play... like stoic, i got priorities and prior purchases to play, like dragon age right now... and renting naughty bear in i'm guessing a few weeks...

I wish I had money like you guys to have so many games that I haven't played them all yet. sad.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 12 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #70

i don't have the money... i only buy new games every once in a while... i'll buy older games though at a discount... fuck, i own my own place so, i don't really have any money to spend...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 12 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #71

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I played the demo briefly yesterday. I'll get this when it drops to $40 or so. Just don't have the time to play it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Aug 12 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #72

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 12 2010, 01:07 PM) *
I went back and played the demo for a second time just to see what the other icons were on the map. I first went to the clothing shop and bought a nice gangster suit with hat. I then went to the Mod shop and personalized my plates and changed the paintwork/bumpers/wheels. And then i went to the diner just outside of Misery Lane and drunk about 20 bottles of beer before starting the mission. The character was fucked by the time i got in to the brewery. He was staggering slightly (no where near as bad as IV) and the screen was blurring in and out of focus like mad!

I find it funny that it's a story-driven game and doesn't really focus on the free roam, yet you have more customisation than GTA IV, should prove interesting.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 12 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #73

Still Standing
Group Icon

It's true. But anyone can add more content into a sandbox than GTAIV had... lol. Hopefully R* take note of that when making the next full GTA title.

I just put the demo on to sit in the house and listen to the radio while i check the forums, I love these classic songs!

I wonder wonder wonder...DOoo oo ooo... Who wrote the book of love.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Aug 12 2010, 06:26 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 12 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #74

the songs were one of the highlights of playing the saboteur... stoic, marney and pie could back up those claims... there's just something about the music from the 40's and 50's... it's very... nostalgic... even the godfather 2 had a little of it...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 12 2010, 06:44 PM
Post #75

Still Standing
Group Icon

Gametrailers did a preview if anyone's interested.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 12 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #76

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

There is a great atmosphere to this game and I'm excited about playing it - just not right now.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Aug 12 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #77

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 12 2010, 07:50 PM) *
There is a great atmosphere to this game and I'm excited about playing it - just not right now.

I usually lose that initial excitement if I don't buy it at the time.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Aug 12 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #78

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

Dupzor. Are you playing on the PC? If so here's a guide to remove the timer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c8ePJ6BLH8...feature=related

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 12 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #79

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (Pieface @ Aug 12 2010, 09:09 PM) *
Dupzor. Are you playing on the PC? If so here's a guide to remove the timer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c8ePJ6BLH8...feature=related

Sweet. I've not played it on my PC yet. But with the massive graphical difference, i might not go back to PS3 if start playing on PC!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 13 2010, 01:20 AM
Post #80

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 12 2010, 02:50 PM) *

yea, it really does have a nice gritty feel to it... it feels raw and unpredictable... the best traits of any sandbox game biggrin.gif... but will the gameplay pay off?? i'll be reading reviews to see what everyone thinks, as well as bits of this topic... i don't want to get spoiled...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 02:17 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4