PERSONALITY: happy, drunk, young, funny, awesome
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_6 shooter_*
post Sep 2 2010, 10:46 AM
Post #82

Guests

happy, funny? Are we talking about the same game?
Achievements

+Quote Post
MAJ
post Nov 20 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #83

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 59,689

This is a pretty interesting question. I don't think Rockstar will use a female lead for the next GTA. With all due respect to Catalina, Elizabeta Torres, and Asuka Kassen, all great female characters, most video game players are male, and the prospect of playing as a female might not work very well. That leads me to a question I'd like to put to other GTA fans as well as anyone from Rockstar Games who might read this forum. Has any thought ever been given to a create your own character as the lead. There is already precedent for character modification with CJ in San Andreas, as well as precedent for a lead with a non speaking role with Claude in GTA 3. It may be difficult coming up with an interesting story for a created character, but not impossible.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Nov 20 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #84

Trickster

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,061

QUOTE (MAJ @ Nov 20 2010, 07:44 PM) *
This is a pretty interesting question. I don't think Rockstar will use a female lead for the next GTA. With all due respect to Catalina, Elizabeta Torres, and Asuka Kassen, all great female characters, most video game players are male, and the prospect of playing as a female might not work very well. That leads me to a question I'd like to put to other GTA fans as well as anyone from Rockstar Games who might read this forum. Has any thought ever been given to a create your own character as the lead. There is already precedent for character modification with CJ in San Andreas, as well as precedent for a lead with a non speaking role with Claude in GTA 3. It may be difficult coming up with an interesting story for a created character, but not impossible.

The prospect of playing a character working under a gay male boss is also a prospect male video game players might night have liked, nor was putting full frontal nudity of a male in GTA Lost and the Damned. Rockstar Games has already shown they are willing to take risks if it suits their story needs and I see no reason why the story needs would disallow a female.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Nov 20 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #85

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

QUOTE (MAJ @ Nov 20 2010, 02:44 PM) *
... It may be difficult coming up with an interesting story for a created character, but not impossible.

I think ^that^ is the issue with complete customization. Rockstar has really gotten into creating games revolving around a specific character. They want the story to flow a certain way, if you know what I mean. They have gotten big on story and character development to make games more like playable movies.

To add to your side, IV introduced some basic story choices which they may expand upon in the next GTA. Heck, they might use L.A. Noire as an expansion of it now and improve upon that game with GTA.

Welcome to iGTA!

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Nov 21 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #86

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

I've come to the conclusion that if I could choose the character for the next GTA, I wouldn't. R* are far more creative than me, and so far I have not really been dissapointed by any of their choice of characters. In fact, even when I have initially thought a character would not be very fun to play, I have been proven wrong.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Dec 2 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #87

Nobody Special

Member No.: 39,224

An Arabic-American. Let the xenophobia out...

--------------------
Even the doorbell knows how smart I am, cool house man!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Dec 2 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #88

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

If an Arab protagonist means getting framed for a terrorist act and the return of Yusef, then yeah, I'll go for it.

Granted, I'll buy GTA no matter what. R* could make a story about a gay, retarded quadruple amputee and it would be a blockbuster.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
MAJ
post Dec 6 2010, 05:21 AM
Post #89

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 59,689

QUOTE (Tranque @ Nov 20 2010, 02:07 PM) *
QUOTE (MAJ @ Nov 20 2010, 07:44 PM) *

The prospect of playing a character working under a gay male boss is also a prospect male video game players might night have liked, nor was putting full frontal nudity of a male in GTA Lost and the Damned. Rockstar Games has already shown they are willing to take risks if it suits their story needs and I see no reason why the story needs would disallow a female.

I see your point that Rockstar will push it, the congressman's weenie was the biggest shock I've had in some time, but I just can't see a female lead for this game. The lead character in GTA has to commit acts of unspeakable violence as well as have painfully horrible acts of violence committed against him. For the most part women just aren't that violent. There are always exceptions, women in the army or the pissed wife that shoots her husband but, you just don't see many women on the news shooting it out with the SWAT team, the drug lords, or the mob, as Niko CJ, and Tommy have to do almost every day. Women are just not naturally violent and if you get 100 women from any culture, anywhere in the world hand them an M-16 and say I want you to parachute into a high rise, gun down two dozen guys and assassinate a guy and the only reason I want you to do this is beacuse he won't sell me his hockey team, there's probably not enough money in creation to get 95 of them to do it. It's national news when a woman gets the death penalty, even here in Texas. It just doesn't look right having a woman do what needs to be done to lead GTA.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Dec 8 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #90

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

QUOTE (MAJ @ Dec 6 2010, 05:21 AM) *
Women are just not naturally violent

You've obviously never seen Bad Girls or met my Mother, Mother In Law or Sister....

Even if only one percent of violent crimes were committed by women, a female lead would still be a valid character. Sure it's not as commonplace as men committing acts of violence, but it's not as if it doesn't happen at all so I don't really see your point.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
BASE-RACE
post Dec 13 2010, 08:07 AM
Post #91

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 377
PSN Name: RAMINACTION

Name: Kenneth Black
Ethnicity: NZ Maori
Nationality: New Zealand Immigrant
Personality: Passionate,natural leader, not the brightest light, tired of being mistaken for an arab

--------------------

It's Like You See it comin but your already too late...........
Achievements

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 05:18 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4