The Awesome One
post Dec 23 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #21

Poshboy...

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

QUOTE (Sebek @ Dec 23 2009, 01:53 AM) *
^Lol, yeah they are a bit. But so are downloadable wallpapers and car washes, and they ended up in GTAIV

The car wash thing probably would of been for one mission, but Rockstar had a day off so they changed the coding so it was forever.

Wallpapers are so you can tell which phone you are using, but Rockstar had a day off so they changed the coding so it was forever.

--------------------

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Handsome B Wonde...
post Dec 23 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #22

Jesus Christ Monkeyballs!

Member No.: 5,644

rofl

Erm, i'm out of radio ideas. Perhaps one radio related mission at least.

Another thing. I hope they include a "song now playing" text somewhere underneath the station name. I found Zit! a bit clumsy. Half the time, the song that was playing finished as i rang, and i got the title of the next song. And unlike earlier GTAs (except SA), the songs weren't listed in order in the manual.

--------------------
I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time - and this includes naps - I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.
Charlie Sheen
Achievements

+Quote Post
Inkace
post Dec 24 2009, 04:16 AM
Post #23

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 57,257

GTA IV has too many radio stations to choose from.
I only go with The Journey, Electro Choc and The Classics.

An idea I have ..
there could be CD's (or tapes, or MP3's .. depending on era) you could collect through the game. Purchase them, gift from friends you make and secret CD's that you find.
Then there could be a way to make your own mix CD's.

So then you could have a choice of radio stations or a collection of CD's.

Some of the CD's you collect could also include things like recorded conversations and things like that for missions and the like.

So a mission could involve setting up surveilance equipment (listening device) getting the info about someone being a rat, then eliminating them. Or something like that.

This post has been edited by Inkace: Dec 24 2009, 04:18 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
CamelSmoker420
post May 14 2010, 05:10 PM
Post #24

Nobody Special

Member No.: 58,272
PSN Name: CamelSmoker420

id like some sublime maybe garden grove or greatist hits or pawn shop

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Flash Light
post May 16 2010, 11:20 PM
Post #25

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,226

If there is a punk station then I would like them introduce a function where you can set certain stations to never appear when you enter a vehicle.

I liked the SA radio stations good selection of reggae, funk, hip hop but the rock stations needed to be better the only decent songs I remember were Free Bird and Killing in the Name, I also hated the Vice City music aside from a handful of MJ songs and Act like you know, not my kind of music.
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Oct 31 2009, 03:15 AM) *
i'd like to see an old school hip hop station. Wu Tang Clan, Onyx, Lost Boyz, etc.

also a 60's-70's station with more pop/rock/folk type music. good driving music.

There needs to be a mid 90's East Coast station

QUOTE (sic soulja @ Nov 9 2009, 10:42 PM) *
it should have more hit music from the rap section, like 50, em, dre, dmx, ti, lil flip, so on, for rock people like hollywood undead, brokencyde, disturbed, linkin park, godsmack, marilyn manson, some big band and swing, opera, modern country,

No to 50 cent, Eminem, Dr Dre, DMX, T.I and definitely no to Lil Flip

--------------------
sig too big. please read rules
Believe It or not George Isn't at home, please leave a messaaaaage at the beep. I must be out or I'd pick up the phone. Where could I be? Believe It or not I'm not home.

Achievements

+Quote Post
calimann83
post May 17 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #26

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,689

I do want a80's and a 90s rock station. I also enjoy the talk stations, usually.

Radio Mini-games would be interesting.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post May 17 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #27

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

I was thinking about being able to call into talk shows and say random/funny things. Would be a nice little add-in to amuse myself for a few minutes.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post May 19 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #28

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

I think they should set the next game somewhere between the mid-60s - mid 70s. Lots of great music to choose from and so many things where going on in the world to work into the game's story.

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post May 19 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #29

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post May 20 2010, 09:09 PM
Post #30

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

QUOTE (punxtr @ Nov 3 2009, 05:52 AM) *
Did you say Vice City sucked?

Anyway, agreed. GTA needs moar types of techno beyond house, acid, and dance. Maybe DNB or breakcore. Or some grime/dubstep.

may i push some hardstyle into the equation?

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
pac858
post Jun 6 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #31

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 37,963

QUOTE (punxtr @ Nov 3 2009, 04:52 AM) *
Did you say Vice City sucked?

Anyway, agreed. GTA needs moar types of techno beyond house, acid, and dance. Maybe DNB or breakcore. Or some grime/dubstep.

you know whats up dubstep all the way that shits hardcore thumbup.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Numpty
post Jun 6 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #32

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,354
PSN Name: SirRodneyEffing

QUOTE (Where Eagles Dare @ Oct 29 2009, 10:06 PM) *
Vice City is often toted as the best of the bunch, but the game sucked ...

But it didn't though did it. I agree that the music was quality, good variety that fitted the era of the setting of the game. The music is important for GTA games but to say that 50% of the weighting of the enjoyment of the game is derived from the music and 25% equal graphics and gameplay is a bit of a daft comment. If that were the case you may as well just but the soundtrack. The soundtrack helps the overall vibe and mood of the game and can really set games apart if done well or badly but I have never bought a game thinking well the gameplay was poor but thankfully all I was after was a decent soundtrack.

WRT your inital question what music goes into the game would entirely depend on the setting and era.

--------------------
The sign said the words of the Prophets are written on the subway walls...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Jun 7 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #33

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

QUOTE (Numpty @ Jun 6 2010, 03:38 PM) *
QUOTE (Where Eagles Dare @ Oct 29 2009, 10:06 PM) *
Vice City is often toted as the best of the bunch, but the game sucked ...

But it didn't though did it. I agree that the music was quality, good variety that fitted the era of the setting of the game. The music is important for GTA games but to say that 50% of the weighting of the enjoyment of the game is derived from the music and 25% equal graphics and gameplay is a bit of a daft comment. If that were the case you may as well just but the soundtrack. The soundtrack helps the overall vibe and mood of the game and can really set games apart if done well or badly but I have never bought a game thinking well the gameplay was poor but thankfully all I was after was a decent soundtrack.

WRT your inital question what music goes into the game would entirely depend on the setting and era.

Go play a game of VC with the music turned off. Come back and tell me how it was.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
AndreaXXIV
post Oct 1 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #34

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 59,101

QUOTE (sic soulja @ Nov 9 2009, 08:42 AM) *
it should have more hit music from the rap section, like 50, em, dre, dmx, ti, lil flip, so on, for rock people like hollywood undead, brokencyde, disturbed, linkin park, godsmack, marilyn manson, some big band and swing, opera, modern country,

for this stuff you call "rock: that is the worst selection i have seen, i could put up with marilyn manson he is good from time to time but godsmack, hollywood undead and that other crap, get it outta here! i like the music rockstar chooses, its not so mainstream so its not like what you hear on the radio everyday if you like radio music, which i dont, but for anyone who plays online whether its on PC or console they should just allow a way for you to upload your music to some site and transfer it onto your disc for your own personal radio station or something idont know, just a though
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 12:01 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4