> Saint's Row 2
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 26 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I know I'm late to the party, but I just recently picked this up. What are your opinions?

Not really looking for a comparison to GTA4, but if that's how you form your opinion; go right ahead.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Oct 26 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #2

Poshboy...

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

Sell it off, now! It is so crap. The glitches get in your face all the time. I stopped at 30%. Couldnt take it.

This post has been edited by Captain.Charisma: Oct 26 2009, 07:29 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 26 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #3

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 26 2009, 03:28 PM) *
Sell it off, now! It is so crap. The glitches get in your face all the time. I stopped at 30%. Couldnt take it.

What's your gamertag?
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 26 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #4

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

it's fun man! it was worth the $60 IMO, i still play it every now and then... and you probably got it cheaper than that... the co-op mode is fun, i had more fun roaming around the city doing missions with friends than i did in single-player... the environment, city, cars and physics are not as good as GTAIV... not even close really... but, it's got that old arcade feel to it, similar to vice city and san andreas... and there's lots of stuff to do... the main selling point of this game is customization... cars, cribs, clothes, character... all of it is customizable... and the missions offer up quite a variety of things to do... even the side missions are all quite unique... fuzz, insurance fraud, sanitation, etc...

i think you'll like it stoic... find out if anyone on your buddy list has the game too... it's fun to play with someone else...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 26 2009, 10:20 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 26 2009, 11:14 PM
Post #5

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 26 2009, 03:28 PM) *

Ignore him...

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 26 2009, 04:46 PM) *
it's fun man! it was worth the $60 IMO, i still play it every now and then... and you probably got it cheaper than that... the co-op mode is fun, i had more fun roaming around the city doing missions with friends than i did in single-player... the environment, city, cars and physics are not as good as GTAIV... not even close really... but, it's got that old arcade feel to it, similar to vice city and san andreas... and there's lots of stuff to do... the main selling point of this game is customization... cars, cribs, clothes, character... all of it is customizable... and the missions offer up quite a variety of things to do... even the side missions are all quite unique... fuzz, insurance fraud, sanitation, etc...

i think you'll like it stoic... find out if anyone on your buddy list has the game too... it's fun to play with someone else...

... Listen to him.

This game is good, just don't go into it expecting a great story. If you're interested, I found a great formula to make your character look like CJ.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Oct 26 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #6

Poshboy...

If you were into SA, and missed the SA features from IV, you will like this. If you didnt miss the features, then you will like this. I liked some parts, but mostly I hated it. Some people like it, some people dont. IMO, there are more low points then high points in the game.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 26 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 07:14 PM) *
This game is good, just don't go into it expecting a great story. If you're interested, I found a great formula to make your character look like CJ.

not a great story but, it had ridiculous, over-the-top, michael bay-esque missions though... it's like a glorified san andreas... basically making fun of itself at times...

man, i went character creating crazy with this game... here's some of the characters i made:

- hunter s. thompson from fear and loathing in las vegas...

- smokey from friday...

- walter sobchak from the big lebowski...

if you can think of them, you can make them... it's as simple as that...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 26 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #8

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I've spent a fair amount of time playing as myself, and I was Hulk Hogan briefly, and at some point I was Otis from The Devil's Rejects.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Oct 27 2009, 01:22 AM
Post #9

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

Can get a little repetitive at times, but a good fun game.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 27 2009, 04:03 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 07:42 PM) *
I've spent a fair amount of time playing as myself, and I was Hulk Hogan briefly, and at some point I was Otis from The Devil's Rejects.

yea, i still got myself as a character too... he's more like me if i was a wigga laugh.gif... but, he looks like me biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Handsome B Wonde...
post Oct 27 2009, 08:29 AM
Post #11

Jesus Christ Monkeyballs!

Member No.: 5,644

I liked it, but it could have been better. The ending was pretty shittastic. Still, i could create a g-string wearing gangster trannie, and gaming doesn't get any better than that.

--------------------
I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time - and this includes naps - I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.
Charlie Sheen
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 27 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #12

Boss
Group Icon

I sat down and played for like 5 hours straight last night. I did the first 8 missions or so, a ton of the shit spraying, ho-ing (the most sexual minigame I have ever played), some FUZZ, pimping and I got two helicopters on the roof of my safe house. I did a lot of exploring; finding out shop locations and discovering the activities available. I didn't get into anything TOO CRAZY (other than the shit spraying and fucking in a toilet) last night, but I see how quick money is starting to stack up and how certain "perks" are unlocking with the completion of missions and activities. I'm looking forward to playing this more, just wish I hadn't started before Gay Tony comes out (no pun intended).
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 27 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #13

it just sucks you in man... it's that good... i recall a few 8 hour sessions of playing this game... did you do the bodyguard side-mission yet? lol, there's one that has you on a rooftop and... well... you'll see it when you play... i couldn't believe you can do that laugh.gif...

if you ever get a boat, there's some hidden islands to check out as well, a ways away from the main island... lots of "easter" eggs out there for sure...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 27 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #14

Boss
Group Icon

Don't worry about spoilers. I don't give a shit. I'd rather have motivation to keep exploring. Let me know what happens.
I've done some checking into the Easter Eggs and will probably get to the boats later on.

Also, is the old Saint's Row 2 thread from GTA4.tv still accessible? I thought there was a wealth of information in there.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 27 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #15

ok, in the bodyguard missions, you have to throw rowdy fans into paddy wagons but, the one on the rooftop, you can just throw them over the edge laugh.gif... nothing like sending a crazy fan 10 stories to his death laugh.gif...

you should check out the islands at least once... i can't remember how to do it but, there's a GIANT easter bunny you can get to come out from under the water... it's hilarious laugh.gif...

http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/inde...howtopic=786394

there was a lot of talk in there... but, i can't remember if any of it was good or not laugh.gif... check it out, might find some interesting things in there...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 27 2009, 04:48 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Handsome B Wonde...
post Oct 27 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #16

Jesus Christ Monkeyballs!

Member No.: 5,644

Shit, i didn't get around to finding the easter eggs. I'll get around to doing it eventually.

--------------------
I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time - and this includes naps - I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.
Charlie Sheen
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 27 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #17

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I was playing this last night, too. First time I noticed that the in-game billboards update to advertise upcoming real-life movies.

Stoic, you picked up the hot dog suit yet? It's pretty epic running around slashing people with a katana while dressed as a hot dog.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 27 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #18

Boss
Group Icon

No hotdog suit yet. Where do I get it?

I've been looking for a good wiki or something comparable to the Fallout Wiki that has all of this information. No such luck.
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Oct 27 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #19

Poshboy...

The best part of this game is the mini games for me. Fight club is my favorite, but celeb protecting is cool too. And looking like a complete idiot as you walk down the street.

I think you can get the hotdog suit in that underground mall. Theres a fancy dress shop in there full of crazy shit.

This post has been edited by Captain.Charisma: Oct 27 2009, 09:52 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 27 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #20

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

There's a mall on the Northern island, West of the group of shops consisting of a jewelry store, high-end clothing shop, and a nightclub. I think the third mission for the Sons of Samedi, where Shaundi is kidnapped, brings you to the club in question. The mall is just West of it. Inside (either through the front entrance or the garage in the back) you will find three stores: Leather and Lace (slutty leather clothing), which is on the floor above you, to the left of the entrance, Let's Pretend (costumes) is on the opposite end of the entrance floor, and Nobody Love Me (emo and goth shit, some other stuff), which is to the right of the entrance, you'll pass it on the way out after visiting Let's Pretend.

I know those directions suck, but this map isn't as clean as Liberty City, and I don't know it as well.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 01:45 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4