The Thunder Down Under
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6,214

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Apr 19 2010, 11:28 PM) *
QUOTE (Bain @ Apr 19 2010, 12:04 PM) *
QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Apr 14 2010, 02:38 PM) *
QUOTE (Bain @ Apr 14 2010, 09:58 AM) *
Seriously, why the fuck do I have to wait a month to buy the pack because I wanted a system that had a blu ray player while xbox players are giving no more money to COD than I am.

Microsoft has paid for it to be a timed exclusive.

Well that is fucking gay. Still wont change my mind about which console to buy next set that comes out. Fuck you Xbox.

I highly, HIGHLY, doubt anyone would have bought an Xbox 360 to avoid waiting an extra month for a map pack. Infinity Ward - 1, MS - 0

Yeah, I have no idea why Microsoft would bother spending money to get it a month in advance.

--------------------

QUOTE(Lmoz96 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1514882[/snapback]
Marney1... you know that I can literatly kill you
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bain
post Apr 20 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #362

Rat
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,884

To say sorry for making people spend 360 dollars a year on internet, hold that, on BEING ABLE TO USE YOU INTERNET TO PLAY GAMES, WHICH YOU'VE ALREADY PURCHASED, for a year.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

Pickles: +7
D-O: +88
Mekstizzle: +10
QD: -10
Frog Choker: + 13
Analogkid: -25
Psy: -8
Ast: +10
Treefitty: -10
Viceman: -59*
Massacre: +5
Spoiler: -14
Voodoo: +17

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Apr 23 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #363

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

I must remind members that Fanboyism isn't tolerated on this forum, and you lot should know this.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 23 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #364

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i can't believe some of you actually paid $15 for 3 new maps and two old ones... you guys are the real suckers... congrats infinity ward, you just raped your fan base and got away with it... and thanks to the loyal followers, you just upped the price of all future DLC for any game due to the success of this price...

thanks a lot, assholes mad.gif... and so long, as this will probably be my only post in here unless someone wants to argue with me that the $15 price was a justified purchase...
/rant...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Apr 23 2010, 08:11 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Apr 24 2010, 12:11 AM
Post #365

Jailbird
Group Icon

You don't want to hear the stories, that in the future it looks like games companies are going to start to charge for Game Demo's then bOnEs.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Apr 24 2010, 01:24 AM
Post #366

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 23 2010, 03:09 PM) *
i can't believe some of you actually paid $15 for 3 new maps and two old ones... you guys are the real suckers... congrats infinity ward, you just raped your fan base and got away with it... and thanks to the loyal followers, you just upped the price of all future DLC for any game due to the success of this price...

thanks a lot, assholes mad.gif ... and so long, as this will probably be my only post in here unless someone wants to argue with me that the $15 price was a justified purchase...
/rant...
if you never played CoD4 then you wouldn't feel ripped off.

QUOTE (Pieface @ Apr 23 2010, 07:11 PM) *
You don't want to hear the stories, that in the future it looks like games companies are going to start to charge for Game Demo's then bOnEs.

it better be cheap, or else why wouldn't you just wait till it's released and then just head to Blockbuster to "try" a game. I don't see anything positive from this ..

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Apr 24 2010, 02:03 AM
Post #367

Rat
Group Icon

QUOTE (Pieface @ Apr 23 2010, 09:44 AM) *
I must remind members that Fanboyism isn't tolerated on this forum, and you lot should know this.

Seriously, wow. Im complaining about the fact that COD is making me wait for maps when paid them just as much, and then I answered someones question. Im no yelling any childish F- whatever posts.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 23 2010, 03:09 PM) *

thanks a lot, assholes mad.gif ... and so long, as this will probably be my only post in here unless someone wants to argue with me that the $15 price was a justified purchase...
/rant...

It was not justified but thats how it works. People offer you add ons to things whether it be a car or DLC. You choose to enjoy it more or not.

Its not like we earn it for free, but yeah, I wish it was cheaper. Or free.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Apr 24 2010, 03:09 AM
Post #368

Rat
Group Icon

Good Modern Warfare 2 fan video:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=48834

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Apr 25 2010, 10:42 AM
Post #369

Jailbird
Group Icon

Bain, let me take a quote from one of your posts.

Well that is fucking gay. Still wont change my mind about which console to buy next set that comes out. Fuck you Xbox.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Darth Sexy
post Apr 25 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #370

The Thunder Down Under
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,214

Meh, Bain's allowed his opinion.

I won't be buying the map pack, mainly because I'm a cheap bastard, but also because I only just learned how to shank effeciently on the current maps. Why add more?

--------------------

QUOTE(Lmoz96 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1514882[/snapback]
Marney1... you know that I can literatly kill you
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 25 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #371

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

didn't the previous map packs only cost like $6 or something? IW tried something different to see if enough people would still purchase the packs at a greater price... and i am sure they've surpassed a million downloads so to them, it's a success... and all future map packs will now come with a hefty $15 price tag...

it's not that i have anything against call of duty, it's just i have something against the highway robbery these companies are doing to their loyal fanbase... do it enough and you just might piss them off... $15 is more than the price of a brand new game on the PSN or xbox live network...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Apr 25 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #372

Jailbird
Group Icon

Bain can have a constructed opinion, yes that's fine. A "Fuck You" Xbox is hardly a constructed opinion.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Apr 25 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #373

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

It's funny because the artists/coders/technicians , the actual people who spend the time creating the DLC packs don't get to even see this extra revenue taken in from the map packs, it all goes to the developer company. The games industry is full of companies like this that only care about the money. Oh well there is nothing we can do individually. The only way they'd have to reduce the price if iff all of us stopped buying DLC which will never happen.

I'll most likely buy the map pack only because when i play online i'll end up getting kicked from servers every time a new map is loaded in to the lobby.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Apr 25 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #374

Jailbird
Group Icon

Dupz0r, Infinity Ward are having major issues with Activision at the moment over the money. This whole game proved how greedy the industry was sadly. Hence why the heads of Infinity Ward are taking Activision to court to sue them for milions.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Apr 26 2010, 06:37 AM
Post #375

Leece

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,792

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Apr 26 2010, 07:50 AM) *
It's funny because the artists/coders/technicians , the actual people who spend the time creating the DLC packs don't get to even see this extra revenue taken in from the map packs, it all goes to the developer company. The games industry is full of companies like this that only care about the money. Oh well there is nothing we can do individually. The only way they'd have to reduce the price if iff all of us stopped buying DLC which will never happen.

Too many 12 year olds with mummy's credit card...

I'm not buying it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Apr 27 2010, 03:19 AM
Post #376

Rat
Group Icon

QUOTE (Pieface @ Apr 25 2010, 04:42 AM) *
Bain, let me take a quote from one of your posts.

Ok, calm down. Its ust a fucking thing that people say.... it does translate to 'wow the ps3 is better why dont you xbox fans go fuck off'.

You're just instigating a quarrel over nothing and nw taking up posts in the Modern Warfare topic considering my post offended no one, but if it pleases you, Ill take it out. So, its deleted, can we stop now? Thank you....

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Apr 25 2010, 03:50 PM) *

I'll most likely buy the map pack only because when i play online i'll end up getting kicked from servers every time a new map is loaded in to the lobby.

Yeah I wonder if they get paid a lump sum or if a number for each map is involved....and yeah the whole new map revolving thing is going to suck if you dont buy it because 5 out of how ever many...there is a good chance you will get kicked and what happens if you're playing in a team and you or your team mates dont have it lol

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Apr 27 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #377

Poshboy...

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

The death of Call of Duty. Arguably the biggest game series ever is now becoming a joke because of what is happening. A quarter of the studio is gone. MW3 will be shit..

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
II--DOBBY--II
post Apr 28 2010, 04:40 PM
Post #378

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 57,837
XBL Gamertag: I Dobby I
PSN Name: II--DOBBY--II

I definately will be getting the new DLC on release day, despite me not liking the high price tag.

This is partially due to the amound of hours I invest into this game (therefore meaning I will get some serious usage out of these maps), and partially because Overgrown was my favourite MW1 map wink.gif but mostly because I don't want to be kicked from a lobby everytime it comes to playing a DLC map. (I randomly get kicked from lobbies often enough as it is).

--------------------
"Women think giving birth is hard?? They should try playing CoD with a laggy connection"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Apr 28 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #379

Rat
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Apr 27 2010, 04:38 PM) *
The death of Call of Duty. Arguably the biggest game series ever is now becoming a joke because of what is happening. A quarter of the studio is gone. MW3 will be shit..

From a personal perspective I hope so so I dont spend massive amounts of time on it like I did with this one.

QUOTE (II--DOBBY--II @ Apr 28 2010, 11:40 AM) *
I definately will be getting the new DLC on release day, despite me not liking the high price tag.

This is partially due to the amound of hours I invest into this game (therefore meaning I will get some serious usage out of these maps), and partially because Overgrown was my favourite MW1 map wink.gif but mostly because I don't want to be kicked from a lobby everytime it comes to playing a DLC map. (I randomly get kicked from lobbies often enough as it is).

All great points I could present myself.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
II--DOBBY--II
post May 4 2010, 08:23 AM
Post #380

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 57,837
XBL Gamertag: I Dobby I
PSN Name: II--DOBBY--II

Don't forget guys and gals, tomorrow is the release day for the new Map Pack (or today if you are in N.America)

I know some of you already stated you will not be getting the DLC, but to those that are I will be on tomorrow smashing up these new maps so add me up if you want to join smile.gif

II--DOBBY--II

--------------------
"Women think giving birth is hard?? They should try playing CoD with a laggy connection"
Achievements

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 11:45 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4