> Retro Games, Old Classics etc.
ViceMan
post Oct 2 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

Just thought i'd post this topic about some of the old classics I used to play when I was a kid.

The first actual system I had was the Megadrive (or Genesis for you yanks.) It had some pretty decent games, although most were side-scrolling platform ones, they were always my favourite. I had (and completed) all of the Sonic games up until S&K. They were great games, and very challenging when I was 5 years old. I actually considered buying them again, just for the nostalgia, watching the levels on youtube took me right back to my childhood, although i'm not sure if i'd be any better at playing them now, or maybe even worse.

Others I remember included Ecco the dolphin, which was a very unusual game for a 5 year old, I think I only ever played it round my sister's house, the final boss was the creepiest fucking thing ever, linkage.

Flashback was a somewhat difficult game, although I don't remember much about it. Then there was Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure, which reminded me of Sonic, but it was probably a bit harder (maybe.)

Those are about the only games I can remember, after the Megadrive I moved straight on to the PS. And the first game I played on that was ESPN Extreme Games, which was quite fun, jumping on streetlugers with my mountain bike and making them crash. laugh.gif

Anyway, i'll stop rambling on about my memories now.

--------------------

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 2 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #2

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

I used to play Super Mario Bros for hours but to complete it you'd have to play from start to finish in one go because like most games back then it didn't have a save function.
Legend of Zelda was a brilliant game and as far as I know the first console game to have an inbuilt memory card.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post Oct 2 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #3

Litterer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,595

Retro games are my niche. I own every sega console apart from the Mega drive addons and every nintendo console and handheld. I Play retro games more than i do current gen.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Oct 2 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #4

Pessimistic nihilistic.

TBH I reallly want to play through all the Sonic games again, I stopped following them after S&K though, I think they went all 3D and shite after that. Lost a lot of it's appeal. I had Sonic Spinball and the 32X game Chaotix too, but those were probably the very last Sonic games I had.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post Oct 3 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #5

Litterer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,595

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Oct 2 2009, 10:02 PM) *
TBH I reallly want to play through all the Sonic games again, I stopped following them after S&K though, I think they went all 3D and shite after that. Lost a lot of it's appeal. I had Sonic Spinball and the 32X game Chaotix too, but those were probably the very last Sonic games I had.

Go ahead Megadrives are dirt cheap on ebay i got one just recently as a backup if mine craps out. came with a big bundle of games.

Bundles with sega cd's are only 30 pound most of the time there. then you'll be able to play one of the best 2d sonic games. Sonic CD
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Oct 3 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #6

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (Cyantist @ Oct 3 2009, 05:14 PM) *
Sonic CD

Never played that one, I didn't have the CD addon for the Megadrive.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 01:12 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4