> Borderlands, PS3/360/PC
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 8 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #41

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

The only thing that has prevented me from playing this game is that I don't know anyone who has this game. Plus, I fucking hate co-op.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 8 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #42

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i like co-op if i am playing with friends... not so much when i am playing with internet friends, unless it's little big planet... but, i can tell this game would greatly benefit from playing co-op... sometimes it just seems like too much for a single person to handle... but then again, if your playing with someone else, there's going to be even more enemies... i guess i just want to check it out and see what it's like...

but, i went into this game with low expectations so, i am not getting disappointed with it... it's basically like everything i thought it would be like... the only difference is the cel-shading for the characters looks a lot better than i thought it was...

so far, this is the best part of the game in the video below... the intro... the song and the cinematography is excellent... one of the best intros to a game ever!! it got me pumped up for the experience i was soon to embark on... BTW, that little creature they hit was one of the variations of the skags i was talking about in my previous post...

but, i wanna get into this game because, look at this skagzilla creature!! tell me that doesn't look epic!!

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 8 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #43

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Well, fuck. I have it, but it's for PC...

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 8 2010, 07:56 PM
Post #44

what are your impressions on it so far? are you enjoying it, or finding it frustrating fighting the raider/bandit, nine-toes?

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 8 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #45

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I've already beaten it as Brick, and I'll be starting a new file as soon as I'm done with Dragon Age. I really like Borderlands. There are a ton of guns in the game, and almost all of them look and feel different and have some kind of unique ability that sets them apart from every other weapon in the game. it adds a lot to the game when you get a vehicle for the first time, although I would've liked to have been able to upgrade and customize it and make it feel like it was "mine." The driving is fun enough that you won't even want to use Fast Travel. I've only used Brick's Berzerker attack so far, but each character has a special ability they can use, and Brick's is powerful enough that I've actually finished boss battles in the brief period of time the power is active. My only real problem is that it's a first-person game, and I'd like to see Brick when he's beating a Raider to death or Mordecai when he's slaughtering Skags with his badass machete.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 8 2010, 08:23 PM
Post #46

bloodwing was cool but, not helpful when i faced nine-toes, nor was he useful in the area where your suppose to get some part for this dial-a-ride character... i must seriously suck or something because these battles were hectic and damn near impossible to beat... i don't want to go through the game facing impossible odds at every turn... there's no fun in that for me...

i was a little disappointed that there wasn't a difficultly meter... games that frustrate me, i just turn the difficulty down so i can enjoy them... but, there seems to be no option in this game...

i did start over as the soldier in hopes that i just selected the wrong character for single player... i started to realize that the enemies come after you, and sniping isn't usually the best option... all it ever did was alert everyone to where i was... i am actually kind of excited to see what the turret the soldier has can do in a heated battle against a guy like nine-toes...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 8 2010, 08:24 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 8 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #47

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Right. I should've mentioned how unbalanced the game is for single-player. You almost have to be a Soldier or Berzerker. Also, the sniper rifles are nearly worthless, because there are only a select few instances where your enemies won't just run up on you.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 9 2010, 05:42 AM
Post #48

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 8 2010, 04:33 PM) *
Also, the sniper rifles are nearly worthless, because there are only a select few instances where your enemies won't just run up on you.

...and bonehead was that rare instance maybe?? i found a back entrance to their hideout and just stayed far enough away to where they all saw me but, they didn't come out of their base to attack... i ran up and dropped the shield down, ran back and put some sniper bullets into bonehead... rinsed and repeated a few times... his weapon is fucking awesome!! it's a SMG with great accuracy and a zoom... plus, each bullet is x2 so, it's twice as effective biggrin.gif... i just unlocked the vehicles and unlocked the gate... i met the mine worker just outside of fyrestone and that's as far as i am going tonight...

your right, the vehicles are a little tough to handle right now... i think i just need a little practice... but, i'm fucking glad i am finally out of fyreside because, if i couldn't get past bonehead again, i was about to return the game laugh.gif... now i'll see what else there is to do that frustrates me biggrin.gif... i just reached level 10 too and just in time... it seemed like all the very recent missions requested that i was at least level 10... i guess you really do have to "level grind" just like every other RPG out there not named fallout...

maybe i'll spend some more time in skag gully again... i did do that bandit mission of collecting recordings... maybe there's more to offer in those areas...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 9 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #49

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Did you do everything on the bounty board? I forget how many missions you have to do before new shit shows up on the board. That should get you some decent XP. You'll want to level up a lot before moving forward, at least one level above what the mission recommends. If you start a mission and see an enemy with "Badass" in their name, you need to level up some more before you can finish the mission. You can still beat it, but it'll be hard as hell.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 9 2010, 05:13 PM
Post #50

yup, i'm going to look at the boards in fyreside to see what else it has to offer... i would like to reach level 12 or 13 before i start missions with that mine worker just outside of the gate i opened... skag gully isn't too difficult to navigate or handle... except, i noticed that when i reached level 10, i started seeing the skag spitters which, spit acid or something at me... two shots from those depletes my shield...

but yea, i'm gonna stick around fyreside for a while yet... i would love to stay ahead of the level requirements for the missions... and also work on improving my SMG skills, rifle skills and shotgun skills... i just started using the SMG so, i got a lot of work to get my skill in that weapon to 1... but, i love the new weapon so, it'll be fun...

it's starting to grow on me, this game is... lets hope the momentum carries on beyond fyreside...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 9 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #51

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

It will. You'll revel in combat after you fight Sledge. His shotgun... Damn.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 10 2010, 06:36 PM
Post #52

supposedly i am suppose to be finding sledge for my next mission but, i am going to finish up shep's missions... they seem simple enough since i've already been to the zephyr station... all i got to do is take out some rakk's and turn the fucker on... but, i did all of baha's missions and i did all but one on the bounty board... i am nearing level 12 so, i am holding off on going after sledge until i reach that plateau...

i've only got maybe one more good night of gaming left... tonight's team trivia at the bar so, thursday's my last day, unless something else pops up tomorrow... chances are i am going to return it for good but, it's made enough of an impression on me to rent it again, or possibly purchase the "game of the year" edition whenever that comes out with all the expansions added...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 11 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #53

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Hopefully there will be a GOTY thing, because one of the expansions is just an arena-type thing were you fight off waves of enemies, but it also includes a locker for equipment you might not want to sell, so it's not really worth the money despite having useful additions. The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned looks badass, though.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 12 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #54

i just entered sledge's hideout but, i wasn't about to navigate it since it was already past bedtime and that looked like it was gonna take at least an hour to get through... plus, who knows how many times i would of died at the hands of sledge... i'm assuming he's one tough mother fucker...

but, on my way to his hideout, i found a couple of very awesome weapons... one is a rocket launcher that can electrocute people... and the other is one bad mudda fucking revolver... it's damage is at least 4 times more powerful than my best weapon plus, it has an insane scope of like 3.4 or something... i was dropping raiders with one well placed headshot...

but, the enemies are getting pretty tough... arid hills was pretty tough to get through for me... i was fighting elder skags, badass skags, badass raiders, and when i went back to fill my ammo up, i had to fight them all again... i don't really like the re-spawning enemies but, it does help add more experience to my character... he's at level 13 now... taking care of everything at the zephyr station netted me enough experience to gain a level and a half... but, i had to fight A TON of raiders there again...

i think i will rent this for 2 more nights today... i'd like to get through sledge's lair and see somewhere else new... but, i am sold on this game and will be looking forward to buying it sometime down the road...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 12 2010, 05:26 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 12 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #55

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Massacre, are you playing Borderlands on your own? How do you like it?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 12 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #56

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I love this game. I just started a new game yesterday, and the soldier is definitely the best character. His character upgrades are the best of the three that I've played, and I'm progressing faster and more easily with him than my other characters so far. He's black though, so naturally they made his voice annoying as hell, like a slightly more tolerable Mike Tyson. The enemies aren't all that varied, but the DLC introduces a few more enemy types, from what I hear, and it seems like I'm finding new and better weapons every twenty minutes. I would definitely get this for 360 if more people on here played it, this is one of the only games I've ever had where multiplayer was actually appealing. Plus, having someone to revive me every now and then would be nice...

And bones, once you get Sledge's shotgun, you will be keeping it for the rest of the game. There are few shotguns better than it.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Mar 12 2010, 05:44 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 12 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #57

i like TK's wave but, it's not nearly powerful enough...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 12 2010, 06:20 PM
Post #58

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Can you get Sledge's Shotgun before TK's Wave? I seem to remember getting the wave afterwards. It's from the Bounty Board, isn't it?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 12 2010, 06:26 PM
Post #59

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 12 2010, 01:20 PM) *
Can you get Sledge's Shotgun before TK's Wave? I seem to remember getting the wave afterwards. It's from the Bounty Board, isn't it?

i got it doing some side-quest for TK baha... this was when i was trying to gain some levels before i went to help shep and his zephyr station problems, which was just before my pursuit with sledge... so, i guess you could get to sledge before you get the wave but, i wasn't ready for that challenge quite yet... plus, TK's mission requirements were low enough for me so, i tackled those first...

i think it was the mission where you had to get TK's fake leg back from that big bad skag named, "scar"...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 12 2010, 06:28 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 12 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #60

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I was able to get to Sledge earlier because I went through all of Skag Gully and killed everything before I found out I would have to go back to it. Lots of extra XP.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 08:44 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4