+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Sep 21 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #22

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 262

there's a schedule when the beta can be accessed http://www.gamesonsmash.com/?p=9300

i hope that that doesn't mean those are also the only times you can download also ...

--------------------

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 21 2009, 02:40 PM
Post #23

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

you can download right now... i launched MAG before i left for work this morning... and it was downloading a lot faster than last time too... about 5 seconds into the download, i was already up to 9MB downloaded... so, i think the servers are working better, or i got on at the right time, and is first in line biggrin.gif...

i dunno...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 22 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #24

played it finally... the update downloaded a lot faster last night... it took only about an hour to download this time...

on to the game itself:

CHAOTIC... that's about the best word to describe this game... literally, it's a warzone... you start at a designated spawn location picked by the squad leader but, you can be resurrected in the battlefield by a medic, or you can wait it out which i think re-spawns you in the same location you died... still not sure how this is beneficiary since, it takes about 30 seconds... and sometimes it still spawns you at the designated location picked by the squad leader anyways... i just bleedout most of time so i only have to wait 10-15 seconds to spawn back at the designated location...

BOOM!! BOOM!!... 256 players traveling the map, throwing grenades... you start with 3 and that's more than enough for constant explosions near or afar... i mean, there's a constant BOOM sound wherever you go... and the gunfights are insane... i don't know how many times i killed someone, only to be shot in the back by someone else... there's enemies EVERYWHERE!!! my best streak was 3 kills, that's it... i definitely died more than i killed and, i never had more than 10 kills in a 20 minute match...

2 MATCH TYPES... one of the choices was a 256 player free-for-all where, you are trying to secure resources like artillery, tanks, oil fields, and some other stuff... your trying to get it before the enemy does, and then defend it from the enemy... this is where the squad-based units are "suppose" to work... instead, most of your squad just wanders around the map, trying to get kills, which means nothing in this match... it's what team holds the most resources the longest... or what team holds the most at the end... not sure what it is since, i only played this mode once...

the other match is more of my style... there's two intel locations that need to be secured and defended... depending on what team you start out as, you'll either be defending or attacking... the defenders have to maintain security surrounding these locations... and that get's to be tricky when the enemy is coming at you by the dozens... lose your positions on both and your forced to retreat to a third and final location... if you can hold off the enemy, you win... and this is where it gets chaotic... all of your teammates are now holed up at this last stand, and the enemy is constantly parachuting down from drop planes... again, if you can hold your ground, you win... the object of the game for the other side is to take over all three locations but, you must secure the first two in order to force the enemy to retreat... this mode was a lot of fun...

GRAPHICS... not too shabby... the locations offered up plenty of cover but, also plenty of exposure... the environment looks like any warzone would look... lots of rubble and abandoned buildings... trees, hills, rocks and rivers... some can be used for cover, others leave you exposed... i can't really rate the graphics though since, it's in it's infant stages... it still looks pretty good though and with the right polish, superb...

GAMEPLAY... it's about as standard as any FPS... realy easy to pick up and play but, tough to master the quick kills... i found myself unloading on enemies while, others picked me off with just a couple of bullets... depends on the weapon too of course... i just mainly stuck with the automatic assault rifle... i used the sniper a couple of times but, found more success and fun out of getting down there into the middle of the battle... camping out isn't always the safest thing, even for a sniper... but, it's pretty useful if your communicating with your squad since, you can watch their backs... but, i was sniping once and got picked off by an enemy sniper, lol...

...and that's all i got to say about that... for now... it's promising and has the potential to be a great squad-based game with friends... playing with randoms is the name of the game but, playing with friends on a single squad inside of the team could be really fun to do... if only there was a squad leader who can bark out the orders to give the team something to do... for the most part, the squad leaders never were much help...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 22 2009, 02:45 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 22 2009, 02:53 PM
Post #25

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Sweet. It sounds like cod4 from what you said, but on a much much larger scale. I can't wait to have a go on this. I bet the key to playing really well is to properly know the people in your squad and all have mics. Did it have mics on btw? I know that might be hard. But getting to know the people on the battlefield you play with is pretty important. (Not like know who they are, just friend list job).

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 22 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 22 2009, 10:53 AM) *
Sweet. It sounds like cod4 from what you said, but on a much much larger scale. I can't wait to have a go on this. I bet the key to playing really well is to properly know the people in your squad and all have mics. Did it have mics on btw? I know that might be hard. But getting to know the people on the battlefield you play with is pretty important. (Not like know who they are, just friend list job).

yea, there was people with mics... i avoided using one last night since it was my first go at it... maybe sometime down the road once i figure out how to play a little better, and know how to handle certain objectives like driving tanks and blowing up buildings... but, right now i'm kinda running around getting used to the maps and game play... i'll leave the headset talking to the experienced players, and there are a lot of those...

i will use one though eventually... but right now i'm basically a recruit... cannon fodder as they would say laugh.gif...

EDIT: i failed to mention earlier but, i experienced NO LAG AT ALL!! i was very very suprised at how smooth this game actually played... no hiccups, no lag, no problems at all... that my friends is one hell of an accomplishment biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 22 2009, 03:07 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 22 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #27

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 22 2009, 04:01 PM) *
EDIT: i failed to mention earlier but, i experienced NO LAG AT ALL!! i was very very suprised at how smooth this game actually played... no hiccups, no lag, no problems at all... that my friends is one hell of an accomplishment biggrin.gif...

That's awesome news. It looks like the next era of gaming will be concentrating on MMOFPS. That's where the money will be anyway. So many people play FPS as it is.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Sep 22 2009, 03:31 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 22 2009, 03:34 PM
Post #28

not just MMOFPS but, console MMO's period biggrin.gif... this game and HOME prove just how possible it is to get a bunch of people online at once... but your right, FPS are much more popular than the other genres...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 22 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #29

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 22 2009, 07:41 AM) *
BOOM!! BOOM!!... 256 players traveling the map, throwing grenades... you start with 3 and that's more than enough for constant explosions near or afar... i mean, there's a constant BOOM sound wherever you go... and the gunfights are insane... i don't know how many times i killed someone, only to be shot in the back by someone else... there's enemies EVERYWHERE!!! my best streak was 3 kills, that's it... i definitely died more than i killed and, i never had more than 10 kills in a 20 minute match...

Exactly what I was afraid of. Hopefully I get the hang of it, though. I was like that in Call of Duty when I first started. Having like, 24 deaths and 2 kills. Now I kick ass. Hopefully that's all it takes in MAG. I don't want to die every second, and with 256 players, that seems very likely.

Great write-up, bOnEs. Made me nearly cream my jeans in anticipation. Still looks like a great buy.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 22 2009, 08:34 AM) *
not just MMOFPS but, console MMO's period biggrin.gif... this game and HOME prove just how possible it is to get a bunch of people online at once... but your right, FPS are much more popular than the other genres...

Psh, Home lags like fucking crazy.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 22 2009, 04:00 PM
Post #30

i actually haven't messed around in HOME at all... i played it once, thought it sucked and uninstalled it...

yea, the grenades are a bit much... it's nice to pull off some 'nade kills though... i got two with one once biggrin.gif... my kill ratio was more like 10-20... you will get some kills in probably your second match... i think the ratio in my first match was 5-25, lol... i was running around getting my ass shot up laugh.gif... but, if i play it enough, i'll rank up and probably get better weapons and stuff... and more than likely get a little better at it as well... i hope to get to a 15-15 ratio soon though... maybe in a couple of weeks or something... but, there's definitely potential for improvement... i'd like to get to the stage of the good ones, with 35-10 ratios biggrin.gif... you are going to die here, there's no way around that... it's impossible to be perfect because, most of my kills came from shooting at people who were pre-occupied at shooting someone else...

EDIT: and again, kills are not the focal point of this game... yea, it earns you experience but, the overall team success is the goal... there will probably be team deathmatches with the full game but, the goal oriented objectives seem to be the focal point of the beta..

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 22 2009, 04:07 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 22 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #31

double post (to inform you of new information, silly)...

http://dualshockers.com/2009/09/mag-beta/

they are giving away beta codes to people who post a comment on their page on why you deserve a BETA invite... chances are your going to have to create an account but, there's not many places left giving away BETA's... so, jump on this if your interested...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 22 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #32

Awesome, bOnEs, thank you. Hopefully I'll be seeing you soon on MAG.

Oh, and for the record, I didn't have to sign up for that site or anything to post the comment.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 22 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #33

but, how would they inform you if you won? did you at least leave an email address?

EDIT: what did you say? i was looking for analog but, couldn't find it laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 22 2009, 06:49 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 22 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #34

It asked me for my name and email.

I don't remember what I said.

Edit: Found it
I deserve a beta code for a few reasons. First off, I love first-person shooters. Second, I知 totally a team player. I知 the guy that will help you out and will do whatever it takes to achieve the goal of the match. Also, I知 very attractive.

Meh, went half-serious on it. Idc.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Sep 22 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #35

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

It is definitely downloading much faster now. it did now in a few seconds what it did in like 10 minutes last time ^^'''
I'll see if i can get it all downloaded today and maybe get to play it later. If not i won't have time till Thursday =/

This post has been edited by ENVi3: Sep 22 2009, 08:51 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 22 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #36

QUOTE (Oh Dear God! GOOBER! @ Sep 22 2009, 04:49 PM) *
Edit: Found it
I deserve a beta code for a few reasons. First off, I love first-person shooters. Second, I知 totally a team player. I知 the guy that will help you out and will do whatever it takes to achieve the goal of the match. Also, I知 very attractive.

lol, i remember reading that one laugh.gif... the end line might help you since, they are probably looking for some chuckles too biggrin.gif...

good luck there ENVi3... i might add you if i think about it biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Sep 22 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #37

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

oh no! my PS3 turned itself off because the "system auto-off" function i enabled. well, there goes about 2 hours wasted; and this is ANOTHER reason i want this update to download like any other PSN update -__- , because with those it keeps downloading until it's done.
I guess i'll have to try again on Thursday ....

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 22 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #38

hmm, mine is set for shutdown after 3 hours of inactivity... yet, it stayed on all day long yesterday, and also last thursday evening... i didn't think it would shut down if your were downloading something...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 22 2009, 11:53 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Sep 23 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #39

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 22 2009, 06:52 PM) *
hmm, mine is set for shutdown after 3 hours of inactivity... yet, it stayed on all day long yesterday, and also last thursday evening... i didn't think it would shut down if your were downloading something...
you probably didn't check that little box that says something like "shut down even under special conditions" ... meaning it shuts down even if you are playing a game or watching a movie. in MAG's case it pretty much read that as my playing the game, not downloading something.
but yeah, if i download off the PSN and then go to turn off but check the "shut down after downloads complete" it doesnt shut down until they're done.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 23 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #40

well, if your not doing anything right now, i'd start the download again... just so your ready for thursday biggrin.gif...

lol, watch... you'll download it but then thursday, they release that damn 6GB package laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 23 2009, 12:22 AM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 09:07 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4