post Sep 13 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Screenshots:

So yeah Max Payne 3. It is one to watch imo. It doesn't look related to the old Max Payne games. But obviously a R* creation means it will rock your socks anyway!

Write your thoughts on this game here.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DuPz0r
post Jan 14 2010, 11:03 PM
Post #2

Still Standing
Group Icon

Max Payne is also suffering because of this miss management problem, in the US.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/14/source-m...fering-from-mi/

It's funny because staff are dropping out and someone from R* has emailed my Tutor Niel (He worked on Golden Eye) asking for animation degree graduates with exceptional animation show-reels. I wish i was a third year right now, this would have been a perfect opportunity for me to get a job at R*N!

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jan 14 2010, 11:04 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 16 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #3

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 14 2010, 06:03 PM) *

It's funny because staff are dropping out and someone from R* has emailed my Tutor Niel (He worked on Golden Eye) asking for animation degree graduates with exceptional animation show-reels. I wish i was a third year right now, this would have been a perfect opportunity for me to get a job at R*N!

ohmy.gif Daaaaam man.

This post has been edited by Destruction-Overdriv: Jan 16 2010, 12:01 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jan 16 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #4

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Jan 16 2010, 12:00 AM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 14 2010, 06:03 PM) *

ohmy.gif Daaaaam man.

Tell me about it. This is what R* North emailed to my teacher:
Hi Neil,

I hope you don’t mind me contacting you. I received your details from a former colleague of mine, Mike Bambury. Until recently I worked for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe in their London office but a few months before Christmas I made the move to Rockstar North up in Edinburgh.

To cut a long story short, I’m on the scowl for super, top quality animators to work on a couple of very exciting projects here at Rockstar North.

My role is to build an animation team that is capable of raising the standard of in-game animations and the only way to meet our huge ambition is to foster one of the strongest animation teams in the business. We're looking for truly exceptional people to join an already brimming team. I appreciate that it’s a little early for students to be applying for jobs but we’re determined to expand carefully, meaning time is most definitely on our side.

Please feel free to forward this message on to anyone who you think may be a good fit. If the core ability is there, we will consider all levels of experience.

All the best,
Jim

We would like to hear from talented animators with a range of experience & backgrounds to produce in-game animations for future projects at Rockstar North.

Requirements:
• Minimum of 3-year degree with an emphasis in character animation or equivalent work experience.
• Outstanding demo reel demonstrating strong animation ability and good aesthetic eye.
• Exceptional skill in animating realistic human characters.
• Thorough understanding and application of classic animation principles (staging, timing, anticipation, follow through, etc.)
• The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a wide variety of project staff.
• Consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity.
• Assist in the integration of animation with designers and engineers to create compelling in-game animation.
• Strong interest in video games.
Desirable:
• Experience with motion capture and MotionBuilder• Professional experience developing a third person action game.
• Strong traditional animation/art background
All applicants should be fluent in one or more of the major packages with MotionBuilder experience an advantage.

Please note: ALL applications should be accompanied by a demo reel, either on DVD or a web link.
• Demo reels should be no longer than 3 minutes.
• Sound is not important.
• This is a full-time position.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jan 16 2010, 08:43 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- DuPz0r   Max Payne 3   Sep 13 2009, 11:34 AM
- - GTARuler   Love Max Payne I have them all and going to buy th...   Sep 13 2009, 07:54 PM
- - DuPz0r   I noticed they have the same artist doing the char...   Sep 13 2009, 10:11 PM
- - Viva La Dillon   I think I'm gonna miss the "winter" ...   Sep 14 2009, 08:13 PM
- - ThePaleOgre   Really really looking forward to playing this. I ...   Sep 14 2009, 09:56 PM
- - El-Nino   i remember the first 2 games and they look better ...   Sep 14 2009, 10:12 PM
- - W1ckeD   Awesome Game Informer Preview.   Oct 2 2009, 11:08 PM
- - DuPz0r   Cool preview. I'm actually now looking forward...   Oct 3 2009, 08:15 PM
- - W1ckeD   Check this Teaser out.   Oct 8 2009, 09:33 PM
- - Dan Stephen   Might get it if it comes out. I have MP 1 + 2 and ...   Oct 31 2009, 11:37 PM
- - Arthur   waiting for this game.   Dec 5 2009, 09:45 PM
- - Disco Dennis   I haven't played the first two yet, but still ...   Dec 16 2009, 03:38 PM
- - Inkace   Looks a little reminiscent of Lynch and Kane. Woul...   Dec 22 2009, 06:51 AM
- - Destruction-Overdriv   Teaser trailers are bullshit.   Dec 25 2009, 07:37 PM
- - -Toge-   Max Payne needs Remedy.. Alan Wake will take a lon...   Jan 12 2010, 10:32 PM
- - DuPz0r   Max Payne is also suffering because of this miss m...   Jan 14 2010, 11:03 PM
|- - Destruction-Overdriv   QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 14 2010, 06:03 PM) Ma...   Jan 16 2010, 12:00 AM
|- - DuPz0r   QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Jan 16 201...   Jan 16 2010, 08:40 PM
- - Sean Devlin   I know 3 people who work for Sony Computer Enterta...   Jan 16 2010, 09:43 PM
- - TreeFitty   *epic bump* HD Max Payne screens   Apr 22 2011, 05:38 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 06:17 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4