> The Sims 2
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 12 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #1

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

I just got The Sims 2, plus three expansion packs for free. How is this game? It looks really interesting judging by the back, but it seems a bit childish too. I know, a simple solution would be to pop it in and test it out, but I don't feel like it right now.

Anyone who's played it, what are your thoughts?

Also, the expansion packs are Open For Business, Pets, and Nightlife.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Sep 12 2009, 11:11 PM
Post #2

Trickster

Member No.: 42,061

I love the sims. The Sims 3 is a better improvement.

Its not so much childish seeing as you can create complex drama, just because something doesn't have violence doesn't mean its for kids tongue.gif

For some reason I always make these young women who marry rich people, and then the rich people have sudden "tragic" accidents.

Oh and Nightlife is the best out of those three.

Then Open For Business

Then Pets.

This post has been edited by Tranque: Sep 12 2009, 11:11 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 12 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #3

Can I kill the Sims? If so, in clever ways? LOL, listen to me. Sounding like a kid who plays too much GTA. But really, I like games like that. Games that let you do wtf you want. Kinda like Fallout 3, you know? Take the good route, or take the evil route.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Sep 12 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #4

Trickster

QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 12 2009, 11:13 PM) *
Can I kill the Sims? If so, in clever ways? LOL, listen to me. Sounding like a kid who plays too much GTA. But really, I like games like that. Games that let you do wtf you want. Kinda like Fallout 3, you know? Take the good route, or take the evil route.

Hmm alright, you can kill them by

Fire
Starvation
Drowning
Satellite
Fear
Flies
Choking
Illness
Cow Plant

Thats off of the top of my head. Pick one you want to know about and I'll give the details.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 12 2009, 11:17 PM
Post #5

Fucking awesome! I'm definitely going to try this game then! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Cow plant???

And satellite?

This post has been edited by TheAnalogKid2112: Sep 12 2009, 11:17 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Sep 12 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #6

Trickster

In University you can get a career award from the botanical science career and it is a venus fly trap with a giant cow head on it. What you do is you send other sims to it, it eats them alive and then you can get lifejuice from it to make your sim live longer.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Sep 13 2009, 12:16 AM
Post #7

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

lol

ive only played sims 1 a long time ago, and it was ok, but i didnt like it that much so i didnt bother to check the new ones... How different are the new ones from the first one?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Sep 13 2009, 12:31 AM
Post #8

Trickster

Well first the sims age which means you actually have a point while playing it. In the latest one The Sims 3 its super fun because you can give them different traits like Evil and they can steal candy from infants, Kleptomaniac where they randomnly steal things (even if they are a cop) or Vegetarian (if they eat meat they physically get sick. I like to make vegetarian sims eat meat, mauhauha)

Theres also different goals and opportunities.

If you want to see some stuff you can do with sims 2 let me dig up my old archive.. One sec

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Sep 13 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #9

Trickster

Sims 2 stuff:

My old marylin monroe sim.

Scary stuff:

The key word here is MODS MODS MODS.

www.modthesims2.com or www.modthesims3.com is the best mod site.

There are also sites where you pay for the mods which is bullshit and don't do it or I lose all respect for you. I hate it when people try to sell things that technically do not exist.

This post has been edited by Tranque: Sep 13 2009, 12:35 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Sep 13 2009, 01:31 AM
Post #10

Bukkake?
Group Icon

Group: Princess
Member No.: 38,555
XBL Gamertag: ConQueSteD TZA
PSN Name: ConQueSteD

Haven't Played sims since SIMS 1. Was S2 S3, anygood if so i might try it out.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 13 2009, 02:24 AM
Post #11

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I have Sims 2. And all of the EP's. It's good times, play it now.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 13 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #12

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

it is good fun, i was actually playing the sims 2 last night laugh.gif... the expansions i own are open for business, university and seasons... i think open for business is the best one i own... i might go out and buy nightlife though because, i want cars but, OFB allows me to make my own home businesses and stuff... university adds another branch to your lifespan and unlocks a few more jobs as well like natural scientist (that plant tranque was talking about), paranormal (phone that calls death, makes zombies), show business (facial reconstruction machine), etc...

seasons is a nice addition as well... i like the fact that the weather changes!! snowmen FTW!! thunderstorms FTW!!

my sim went to college and earned a degree so, currently he's starting new jobs once he unlocks the career achievement item... since he has a degree, he skips about 4+ jobs and jumps to the one right before you unlock the achievement... i'm trying to unlock ALL career achievement items...

my wife is in show business so i downloaded a few celebrity sims to sprinkle in the neighborhood... angelina jolie and brad pitt were one... she became friends with jolie almost immediately while brad pitt kept playing pranks on me and hating everything i said for a while.... lol, he took a little longer and made for some hilarious lol moments... bruce willis and megan fox are the other ones that moved in...

yea, i still play this game... i want to play the sims 3 but, just like fallout 3, i need a better computer to run it...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 13 2009, 04:31 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Sep 13 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #13

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE (Tranque @ Sep 13 2009, 12:11 AM) *
I love the sims. The Sims 3 is a better improvement.

Its not so much childish seeing as you can create complex drama, just because something doesn't have violence doesn't mean its for kids tongue.gif

For some reason I always make these young women who marry rich people, and then the rich people have sudden "tragic" accidents.

Oh and Nightlife is the best out of those three.

Then Open For Business

Then Pets.

The Sims 3 is better in many ways yes, but, it lacks a lot of things that made the Sims 2 great.

The selection of music is terrible, in the Sims 2 custom songs could be placed into the relevant genre, i.e you could place rap songs into the rap folder so they only played when on the rap station, and so on, but now all custom music must be placed into one folder whether it be rap, metal or reggae. The genre's themselves are very limited, indie, classical, salsa, kids and custom? What about rap, rock, metal, reggae, techno, country, jazz etc?

The choice of men's hairstyles is very limited, and it seems a lot of stuff has deliberately been held back just so you can buy it later, whether it be in an expansion pack or via download. Of course we're all well aware that there will be countless expansions that re-add all those missing things back in. Pets, new careers and the like.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game that adds a lot of new and useful ideas, I like it, but I don't seem as obsessed with it as I did the Sims 2. Maybe because i'm older.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Sep 13 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #14

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

Ive got sims 3. I think its a lot better, even though its full of glitches. I havent managed to kill any sims yet. (Except for old age)

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 13 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Sep 13 2009, 12:36 PM) *
The choice of men's hairstyles is very limited, and it seems a lot of stuff has deliberately been held back just so you can buy it later, whether it be in an expansion pack or via download. Of course we're all well aware that there will be countless expansions that re-add all those missing things back in. Pets, new careers and the like.

i hate that... they know you'll buy them too laugh.gif... isn't the first one called, "World Adventures" or something like that where you travel around the world for vacations and stuff?? i think i saw a brief mention...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 13 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #16

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Go to thesimsresource.com for good downloads. Not that i play it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 13 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #17

i just use thesims2.com lol... i don't mess with mods but, i'll download sims, lots, and clothes from there...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Sep 13 2009, 04:59 PM
Post #18

Bukkake?
Group Icon

Group: Princess
Member No.: 38,555
XBL Gamertag: ConQueSteD TZA
PSN Name: ConQueSteD

my cousin has SIMS 2 so i'll probably grab all that stuff from her and try it out cause she plays SIMS 3 Now.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 13 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #19

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 13 2009, 12:29 PM) *
yea, i still play this game... i want to play the sims 3 but, just like fallout 3, i need a better computer to run it...

I'd wait if I were you, anyway. I bought the Sims 3, which is great, but it can't compare to Sims 2 with all nine EPs and ten Stuff Packs. Wait until they've released a few EPs. First one is in November.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Sep 13 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #20

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 13 2009, 05:42 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Sep 13 2009, 12:36 PM) *

i hate that... they know you'll buy them too laugh.gif... isn't the first one called, "World Adventures" or something like that where you travel around the world for vacations and stuff?? i think i saw a brief mention...

Actually I didn't buy any, and I don't plan to, I used the 6 that came free with the game of course, and i'll use the 6 that comes with World Adventures too. I'm not giving them any more money than I have to.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 02:54 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4