IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PS3 Sales Up up and AWAY!, for first week following price cuts.
DuPz0r
post Sep 13 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #41

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Sony have always been innovators and risk takers. They made a risk at the start and that was big investments in their Cell Processor and blu-ray device. Blu-ray has now become a standard that every other company have now followed. And the Cell is still a pretty decent processor.

Now they have money to create a cheaper model and distribute it, they can safely reduce the price. This is the only reason it is selling more, purely on the fact it has become cheaper to make and therefore cheaper to buy.

Just found something:
- PS3: 151,783 150,743 (14,494.52%)
- DSi: 60,419 538 (0.90%)
- PSP: 22,184 3,897 (14.94%)
- Wii: 21,557 3,481 (13.90%)
- DS Lite: 8,309 1,005 (13.76%)
- Xbox 360: 6,827 427 (5.89%)
- PS2: 3,001 178 (5.60%)

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Sep 14 2009, 07:32 AM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Sep 14 2009, 03:24 PM
Post #42

Get off my Planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 13 2009, 09:56 AM) *
Sony have always been innovators and risk takers. They made a risk at the start and that was big investments in their Cell Processor and blu-ray device. Blu-ray has now become a standard that every other company have now followed. And the Cell is still a pretty decent processor.

Now they have money to create a cheaper model and distribute it, they can safely reduce the price. This is the only reason it is selling more, purely on the fact it has become cheaper to make and therefore cheaper to buy.

Just found something:

Wut? Is that a mistake?
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Sep 14 2009, 05:32 PM
Post #43

Vandal

Member No.: 20,125

wow, what a jump! But suprising to see that in the previous week the PS3 only sold 1000 or so units in japan...

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Sep 14 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #44

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

It wont catch up with the 360. Thats around 5 million ahead. 360 im pretty sure is still cheaper. PS3 will close the gap to around 2 million.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 14 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #45

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 14 2009, 04:24 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 13 2009, 09:56 AM) *

Just found something:

Wut? Is that a mistake?

Read this:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/13/japanese...ot-compute-edi/

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Sep 14 2009, 09:44 PM
Post #46

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 14 2009, 01:52 PM) *
It wont catch up with the 360. Thats around 5 million ahead. 360 im pretty sure is still cheaper. PS3 will close the gap to around 2 million.

That's japan. And Sony is currently dominating the Japanese market. The fact that sales went up that much in Japan is a huge shock to me. I thought most people in Japan owned a PS3 to begin with.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Sep 14 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #47

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Eventually, I think it will.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Sep 15 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #48

Vandal

QUOTE (QD-O @ Sep 14 2009, 05:20 PM) *

I was just going to say, the PS3 is still early in its console cycle that being priced at 300$ with it's potential not yet maxxed out for AAA titles and having incentives like blu-ray, wifi and free online that it will close the gap.

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Sep 15 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #49

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (HB~Sauce @ Sep 15 2009, 01:45 AM) *

I was just going to say, the PS3 is still early in its console cycle that being priced at 300$ with it's potential not yet maxxed out for AAA titles and having incentives like blu-ray, wifi and free online that it will close the gap.

It's three years old now, which puts it about half-way through its likely lifecycle, and try explaining all that to the people who have had their 360 for four years now and have a massive game/hardware collection built up for it. It's not easy to play catch up in this business.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 15 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #50

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (DuffMan @ Sep 15 2009, 10:50 AM) *

It's three years old now, which puts it about half-way through its likely lifecycle, and try explaining all that to the people who have had their 360 for four years now and have a massive game/hardware collection built up for it. It's not easy to play catch up in this business.

Yeah but there is still people out there who buy multiple consoles just for the sake of it.

I have a couple of friends who have both 360 and PS3. They don't have a whole lot of money to splash out, but they are gaming addicts...

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Sep 15 2009, 11:29 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sheep
post Sep 15 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #51

The Greatest Mistake
Group Icon

Member No.: 22,606
XBL Gamertag: sheep454
PSN Name: Sheep454
Xfire Identity: sheep454

I'm still waiting for a reason to buy a PS3 when i already have a 360...
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 15 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #52

Still Standing
Group Icon

Well there is two reasons i personally prefer the PS3 than the 360. Free gaming online all the time with every game. That is one good reason. Blu-ray is like the standard, movies and games will all be blu-ray in the near future even on PC along with digital distribution. PS3 clearly has an advantage in terms of disc storage. Which gives you 1080p exclusives using up the entire disc space. And Bluray films. But i'm not starting a fanboy war, just a personal opinion.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 15 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #53

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (DuffMan @ Sep 15 2009, 05:50 AM) *

um, try the PS3 only being in the infant stages of it's cycle... your thinking of the xbox with only a few years left...

lol, it was playing catchup because xbox rushed their buggy system on the market in order to get a jumpstart in sales... with the gap between the two system so close these days, it's not playing catchup anymore... catchup was the word fanboys used to use a couple years ago... there's no such gap like that anymore... the PS3 closed the gap before the price drop... the new price is probably the last thing needed to overtake sales...

did any of you catch the news today of uncharted 2 getting the "greatest game of all time" review? yea, we have the games too...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Sep 15 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #54

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 15 2009, 05:19 PM) *

um, try the PS3 only being in the infant stages of it's cycle... your thinking of the xbox with only a few years left...

lol, it was playing catchup because xbox rushed their buggy system on the market in order to get a jumpstart in sales... with the gap between the two system so close these days, it's not playing catchup anymore... catchup was the word fanboys used to use a couple years ago... there's no such gap like that anymore... the PS3 closed the gap before the price drop... the new price is probably the last thing needed to overtake sales...

did any of you catch the news today of uncharted 2 getting the "greatest game of all time" review? yea, we have the games too...

Oh good, we have the fanboy crap again. Guess I'll have to add it back into the rules.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 15 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #55

i only stated fanboys used to use the word catchup (and apparently still do)...

and the other was a fact... yes, the xbox was a buggy system when it launched... how is that a fanboy comment? it's a fact...

EDIT: you don't have fanboy guidelines in the rules?? that really should be in there duffman...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 15 2009, 05:11 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sheep
post Sep 15 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #56

The Greatest Mistake
Group Icon

Member No.: 22,606
XBL Gamertag: sheep454
PSN Name: Sheep454
Xfire Identity: sheep454

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 15 2009, 01:14 PM) *
Well there is two reasons i personally prefer the PS3 than the 360. Free gaming online all the time with every game. That is one good reason. Blu-ray is like the standard, movies and games will all be blu-ray in the near future even on PC along with digital distribution. PS3 clearly has an advantage in terms of disc storage. Which gives you 1080p exclusives using up the entire disc space. And Bluray films. But i'm not starting a fanboy war, just a personal opinion.

Those are 2 of the reasons i have, one of the other ones was i could just stream HD content from my pc to the PS3 over the network, something which my 360 has trouble doing for reasons i cant work out but did it perfect 1st time with my mates PS3.

Also, my 360 is old itso ne of the first ones, its dead loud and gives off more heatthan a radiator (seriously) its just whether i can justify pulling out £250 just for that...
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Sep 16 2009, 12:58 AM
Post #57

Vandal

QUOTE (DuffMan @ Sep 15 2009, 03:50 AM) *

I understand that with the 360 making it to the retailers first that it has established a large fanbase, and alot of those consumers will not turn back for reasons you have said (Both of my friends are on their 2nd xbox 360, no way they're turning back with the arcade being so cheap). The thing is that there currently is still a huge market for gamers how haven't made the transition to current gen ( something like 150 million people bought a PS2) and with the PS3 competitively priced with great games on the horizon, they can catch up in sales.

But everything could change if Microsoft releases an early console again...

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Sep 16 2009, 01:27 AM
Post #58

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (DuffMan @ Sep 15 2009, 12:52 PM) *

Oh good, we have the fanboy crap again. Guess I'll have to add it back into the rules.

I think the two of you are slight fanboys...but not even....

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 16 2009, 04:58 AM
Post #59

QUOTE (QD-O @ Sep 15 2009, 09:27 PM) *
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Sep 15 2009, 12:52 PM) *

I think the two of you are slight fanboys...but not even....

yea, i sensed that in the force... let's leave it at that...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Sep 16 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #60

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (§ynch @ Sep 11 2009, 11:35 PM) *
Another thing they need is a proper disk tray.
I'm not sticking a $60 disk into a slot in molded plastic.

This has got to be one of the stupidest things i've ever heard. The "slot" has nothing to do with the drive.... which is quality.

Also, since bluray disks are 10x as scratch resistant as xbox360 dvd, and the xbox360 has a HISTORY of scratching disks when you tilt it from horizontal to verticle, how dare you.

That said, i havn't played my PS3 since i bought an xbox360, everything comes together just right and you don't realizing the "Cheapness" of it... also, since i know how to run ethernet cable i didn't have to get raped for a wireless network adapter that costs 3 dollars to make but makes MS $100.

Apparently Sony knows how to make consoles and MS knows how to sell them, but not vice versa.

:-/

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 07:31 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4