post Jan 16 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #221

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Some interesting but also saddening news here:

The PS3 jailbreak threatens to wreck havoc on the PlayStation ecosystem in ways beyond just piracy. The integrity of the PS3 trophy system hangs in the balance, as hackers have supposedly created an app that unlocks trophies in games automatically. CVG reports that the tool has been used to unlock trophies in BUZZ! and the notoriously challenging PAIN. Oddly, the tool apparently doesn't work in games like Resident Evil 5 and Batman: Arkham Asylum, meaning it isn't quite foolproof yet.

Obviously, a compromise like this undermines the entire point of the trophy system. Sony's Eric Lempel explained to us that the PSP couldn't support trophies due to the unsecured nature of that platform. "If people can artificially inflate their rankings ... it kills the whole [Trophy] system," he explained. Unfortunately, it appears Sony now faces the same issue on the PS3.

"We are aware of this, and are currently looking into it," a SCEE representative commented. "We will fix the issues through network updates, but because this is a security issue, we are not able to provide you with any more details."

Source

And...

Wondering why there's such a hullabaloo over that PS3 security breach? According to Martin Walfisz, who co-founded Massive Entertainment (but left the company shortly after its purchase by Ubisoft to focus on development of new DRM strategies), it's because it's the end of the world. Well, okay, maybe it's not that bad -- but Walfisz paints a pretty grim picture for Sony, telling GamesIndustry.biz, "If that hack works as reported, I don't believe that Sony can regain any control."

Walfisz predicts that Sony could employ a system similar to Microsoft's anti-piracy measures through Xbox Live, blocking hacked PS3s from connecting to the PlayStation Network; though if the hack works as reported, and doesn't require a mod chip to function, Walfisz worries Sony won't be able to detect which users are playing pirated games -- though Sony claims it can and will shut down "jailbroken" consoles. What's worse, Walfisz adds, "I would assume that pirated copies can be stored on the HDD as well, making it so easy to use that PS3 piracy, given time, might even surpass the handhelds." Piracy is pernicious enough on exposed systems, but super convenient piracy? Yikes.

source

Things aint looking too good for Sony atm. This wont stop everyone from buying games, but it will effect ps3 a lot. The only reason the 360 still has a good online community is because you have to pay to use it. People who hack and use pirate games can't go online. On the ps3 though, the service is free making pirating all that more appealing to a lot of people because they have less to lose.

I'm not going to de-legitimize my ps3, i enjoy it too much. I may give up collecting trophies though if people will just hack them effortlessly.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jan 16 2011, 11:11 AM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 16 2011, 05:44 PM
Post #222

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Add me; PSN: TheGaySniper I lick kick arse!
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 3 2011, 01:54 PM
Post #223

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

Killzone 3 Open beta should be up for EU, and it will be up for NA in a few hours.
Anyone else checking it out?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 3 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #224

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 16 2011, 12:44 PM) *

you changed your name again?! fuck it, your adding me this time if you want to be my friend...

@envie - passing on it... i don't much care for FPS, even this highly praised console exclusive... while i am happy for sony and fans of killzone, it just isn't my bag... but i am happy for the rest of the fanbase that loves a good FPS because DAMN, this game brings a high quality presentation that plays out like a movie... have fun killzone fans biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 3 2011, 08:37 PM
Post #225

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 3 2011, 07:44 PM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 16 2011, 12:44 PM) *

you changed your name again?! fuck it, your adding me this time if you want to be my friend...

@envie - passing on it... i don't much care for FPS, even this highly praised console exclusive... while i am happy for sony and fans of killzone, it just isn't my bag... but i am happy for the rest of the fanbase that loves a good FPS because DAMN, this game brings a high quality presentation that plays out like a movie... have fun killzone fans biggrin.gif...

I haven't changed my PSN ID, it's still Marney-1 - that's just for when I'm in a funny mood.

Also, KillZone just doesn't do it for me, dunno what the fuss is about really.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 4 2011, 01:54 AM
Post #226

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Well, it's only a 800MB download and it's free so ...
but so far I've been having tons of fun playing Botzone biggrin.gif since the servers seem to be down right now.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Feb 4 2011, 03:04 AM
Post #227

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

I haven't played Killzone in a while. It was taunting me on the shelf for $30 when I went to pick up RDR. Wonder if I still kick ass... unsure.gif

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 4 2011, 04:42 AM
Post #228

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

There's already quite a few reviews out. Apparently the game is done, I guess the next few days are basically just set aside for manufacturing and testing/tweaking the servers with the Open Beta.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 5 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #229

my god, playstation plus was so worth the $50... we got "digger HD" last week and i beat it last night... an old-school classic updated to today's standards with HD graphics, as you can see from the screen above... and it was a BLAST to play... i don't know why every playstation user hasn't gotten + yet... sure it's $50 but, you get a bunch of network games, playstation minis and even some playstation one classics... and lucky me, this month they're giving away TWO free PSN games... digger HD was the first one, and the second one is a FREE day one release of the new game from tim shafer, stacking... shafer's previous titles were brutal legend, costume quest and even psychonauts...

it seems like me and envie are the only ones taking advantage of sony's offer... my hard drive is loaded up with tons of games!! here's a list of what i've gotten with my subscription so far... there's roughly 6 months worth of games on my hard drive... and envie's game list is different than mine since the european region get's a few different games to their updates...

PSone classics:
rally cross, syphon filter 1 & 3, 2Xtreme, oddworld: abe's oddysee, oddworld: abe's exoddus, CTR: crash team racing, sypro the dragon 1 & 2...

playstation minis:
age of zombies, fieldrunners, kahoots, aero racer, vempire, blast off, echoes, bubble trubble, bloons, dynogems, breakquest, vectorTD, a space shooter for 2 bucks!, pipe madness, hero of sparta, and karimogi... 80% of these are fun little puzzler games... minis are similar to the iphone app games...

playstation 3:
wipeoutHD, critter crunch, mushroom wars, ZEN pinball, burn zombie burn!, shatter, sam & max: the devils playhouse season 5; episodes 1-5, digger HD, lead and gold: gangs of the wild west, and even a MAG trial with a level 8 cap...

and almost every month your given a chance to beta test something, or get an exclusive PS+ only demo... last month i got the chance to beta test DC universe online, and it was pretty damn fun... just not $10/month kind of fun... i think envie is playing a killzone 3 online beta test, exclusive to PS+ members too... the perks of being a member are simply astonishing... i am actually surprised that xbox hasn't tried to do something similar... i've gotten over $120 worth of games and offers, and i am only a half-way thru my subscription!

not to mention the numerous free static and dynamic themes, a few free avatars, 60 minute game trials, and numerous game discounts... the avatars are nothing to get excited about since it's a preference thing... i'm rocking a niko belic one right now but, that wasn't free...

i will be a PS+ member for life now...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 5 2011, 06:01 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 5 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #230

Still Standing
Group Icon

I've downloaded the Killzone 3 Beta. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though. i loved the second Killzone story, but wasn't too keen on the online competitive. Hopefully this one's better.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 5 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #231

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Yeah PS Plus is great. It's only been a few months and I already feel like the $50 have definitely been paid off with the numerous amount of content we get. I downloaded Digger HD, but haven't played it yet. I have too many games to play, which is a good thing rather than bad smile.gif

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Feb 5 2011, 12:06 PM) *
I've downloaded the Killzone 3 Beta. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though. i loved the second Killzone story, but wasn't too keen on the online competitive. Hopefully this one's better.
I still haven't been able to connect into an online game... oh well, it's better that they fix the servers now rather on than the actual release day.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 5 2011, 11:41 PM
Post #232

Still Standing
Group Icon

Yeah i played botzone for a little while earlier. I feel completely n00b at the controls after numerous years of call of duty setup!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 6 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #233

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Feb 5 2011, 05:41 PM) *
Yeah i played botzone for a little while earlier. I feel completely n00b at the controls after numerous years of call of duty setup!

Control scheme (you can switch to Alternate and get closer to CoD) or the realism of the "weight" and looking/shake?
I do agree it is a bit different, but I sort of knew what they would be like after playing the previous Killzones.

Sony appears to be focusing on hackers: http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/sony-hun...ackers-animals/ although not an official source, I think it's a good thing they're doing this. I just hope they aren't "wasting" resources when they could have used them on something else.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 14 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #234

played stacking yet, envie?? me and my friend played it for about 4 hours last night and beat it... it was a lot of fun and the cool thing is, every little quest your tasked with can be beaten in a few different ways... there were times when it took me 10 minutes to figure it out, and other times i was already prepared with the right russian doll combo before i even know what the goal was... it kind of makes me want to go back and re-play those quests to try out the other various methods...

and there's plenty to do in each area... there's specific sets of dolls that you have to stack to unlock their story, or unique dolls with special abilities... there's one guy that goes around slapping people with a white glove, which never gets old... there's a spy that get's his kicks revealing himself to women laugh.gif, ladies with belting voices scaring the childen...

it's a fun, funny, puzzler with charm biggrin.gif... highly recommend it to those who aren't plus members... it's one of those games that warrant the $15 store price... it's money well spent in my opinion...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 14 2011, 07:33 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 15 2011, 02:46 AM
Post #235

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

I came into this topic just to talk about that game, lol. But you beat me to it. I can't say much else except I kind of like the hint system they have. You get 3 hints, the first one gives you a vague idea which points you in the right direction sometimes, but sometimes it's sort of like a riddle too. The second one is more specific as to giving you part of the answer, and the third one is a " can't figure it out? ok well, just do this and this and you got it" lol. I try to not use it, but some of these puzzles are almost impossible to figure out just by yourself, or maybe eventually you could find it.
So far I only got to past the Zeppelin level, but I have been trying to figure out all the quests. I couldn't stop playing last night but it was like 2AM already and had to get up for school this morning.
The personality is what makes this game great. And the fact that's it's a pretty simple, unique idea that works out pretty well.

Also, Sony sent all the Plus members the Flying Hamster mini to us for free smile.gif

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 15 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #236

how do you use the hint system?? i don't think i ever used it unless, talking to people around your objective is considered hints... there were times when they would drop little coded hints that made you think of a solution, or that reminded you of a doll you were just using... it didn't literally come out and say, "use this!" but, it would say things like, "you can't make me leave my post, i am FROZEN in this spot...", which would mean that you'd have to find someone with freezing abilities or fire abilities... that wasn't used in the game, i just made it up to give you an example...

i hope that wasn't the hint system because, i talked to all sorts of people on my playthrough... some had funny stuff to say laugh.gif and others warned me or gave me ideas to tackle objectives, or to point out a unique doll... i'd be upset if i knew i was using the hints system the whole time sad.gif... i thought i was just making conversation...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 15 2011, 06:51 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 16 2011, 02:04 AM
Post #237

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

No, the hints is in the menu. I think you press L1 and then you get a screen that has the current 'puzzles' you have to solve and then you press Square to reveal a hint.
But yeah, it's up to your own limits on how much you want to use it. There's no hint limit, just a small timer between each hint. I usually try to limit myself to the first one. Talking to 'people' is legit, I mean the game encourages that.

DLC Announced!
http://thejoypads.co.uk/stacking-dlc-in-development/

This post has been edited by ENVi3: Feb 26 2011, 05:42 AM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Mar 9 2011, 05:46 PM
Post #238

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/03/09/...aystation-plus/
Holy hell, PS Plus just got way better !

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Mar 9 2011, 06:12 PM
Post #239

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Might as well post these here:
20 GTA IV PSN EU Avatars
20 RDR PSN EU Avatars

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 9 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #240

i am still rocking my niko belic avatar... i don't think i'll ever change it unless fallout releases avatars biggrin.gif...

yup, cloud is officially on the playstation network now... granted, it's only for PS+ members but, you can now save you game saves on the cloud service, up to i think 150MB, which is a decent size but come on, it should of at least been 500MB... i got roughly 150MB's worth of game saves already stored on a flash drive... nonetheless, the first signs of steam are officially here... and it probably explains why the network is down all day today... this update comes out tomorrow...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 08:33 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4