TheAnalogKid2112
post Oct 11 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #201

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 10 2009, 11:29 PM) *
didn't play it today but, my "NFL" football team doesn't play tomorrow, they have a bye... so, i bought NBA live 08 for $10 (originally went there for turok for $10) but, i'll have that and fallout to play... kind of a lazy sunday... saturday was plenty enough to warrant a lazy sunday laugh.gif..

For god's sake, do not waste your money on Turok. I don't care how cheap it is, you won't like it.

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Oct 11 2009, 06:57 AM) *
should i wait to complete the game before i buy expansion packs?

Also, how integrated are the expansion packs to the regulary fallout map? Are they on the edges? (just add on to the current map) or do you "jump" to them, or are they completely seperate like in GTA 4?

You can beat the game to see how it originally ends, but just make sure that you have a save file that's right before "Take It Back!" Broken Steel starts basically as an alternate ending for that quest, like an expansion. It just carries on the main storyline. So make sure you've got it set up like that.

Umm... Well, Broken Steel carries on the main quest with the Enclave. It just adds new locations to the map. The Pitt is in the north/northwestern part of the map, you get there via a little cart on the train tracks. For Operation: Anchorage, a radio broadcast appears when you install, so that add-on can be started anytime after you leave Vault 101. As for Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta, I've yet to play them. You could check it out on fallout.wikia.org if you want to risk a ton of spoilers.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 12 2009, 04:15 AM
Post #202

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

finished the main quest line in point lookout... i like the new environment, new creatures, and new locations to explore and check out... i like the new quests and side-quests too... the story was a little out there... not what i was expecting but, told well... but, it seems like the story was just a small part of the add-on, IMO... it's true what the ferryman said in that, it's a land of fortune waiting to be uncovered... there's lots to see and loot... i've yet to complete a side quest but, i am about to go do one right now...

that whole secret bog scenario was pretty crazy indeed... the quantum's had me lol'n biggrin.gif... and i like the lever-action rifle biggrin.gif... not much in the way of unique items though but, i knew that going in... got everything i found and looted, stashed in the motel room 1D... it might take a few trips back and forth to get it all back to the wasteland...

for the most part, this was a very enjoyable addition... but, it's not better than the pitt IMO... and it's barely better than mothership zeta biggrin.gif... now that i've played and beat them all, my order of worst to best is as follows:

5. operation anchorage
4. broken steel
3. mothership zeta
2. point lookout
1. the pitt

the loot form O:A is some of the best of the add-ons but, the quests were heavily military-oriented... as they should be... but, i found them at times to be too easy and a little boring as well...

broken steel did what i knew it would do best... expand the levels to 30, add more perks, new enemies, and the ability to play after the main quest is completed... but the story felt all too familiar and a bit of a chore at times...

mothership zeta is like #2-B... it's so close to being the second best... this one was a lot of fun... i got the sense of being abducted, and the feeling of being lost on a massive alien vessel trying to find my way home, no matter what... the final battle was the best battle of fallout 3, anywhere... epic...

point lookout is good too... i think what makes it better than zeta for me is it's like another capital wasteland to explore... lots of locations to find and interact with... and the enemies are fun to battle, especially those big bruiser fellas... it's like another game stuffed into fallout 3... i can see myself coming back here often...

and the pitt... the very best story of all the add-ons... the moral choices, the thin line between good and evil, the awesome loot, the amazing setting, the people, the hole... this expansion had it all in my opinion... it was a hell of a ride... it felt the most like a fallout expansion...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 12 2009, 04:23 AM
Post #203

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

The Pitt just had a shit ton of new weapons and armor, it was ridiculous.

Now that you've gotten a good look at the new enemies:

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 12 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #204

lol, is that mod or something?!? laugh.gif... if not then, i need to sneak up on a campsite of enemies to see this!! that's hilarious!!

learned a new trick wiki'n just a few minutes ago... i guess you can use the footlocker on the duchess gambit to store your items in... meaning, if you put everything from point lookout in there, you'll have them in the capital wasteland when you get back there... and here i was, about to travel between PL and the CW a few times just to get all the items back home biggrin.gif...

once i finish up point lookout (side quests/bog walker), i might start my new file instead of playing PL and MZ as an evil character... there's not much in the way of evil outcomes to either add-on... PL has one choice that slightly effects the world but, not a big one... and probably one i save for my new file... but with MZ, there's no good/evil outcome... the only outcome is getting off that damn ship!! i think i will still finish broken steel with my evil guy though, just not right away, someday down the road... after all, it's a saved game, i can go back anytime i want to biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 12 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #205

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

It's not a mod, you just have to be very stealthy and very lucky to see it.

While I'm on the subject of being stealthy, I'm thinking of starting new file with a ninja, stealth and melee/unarmed only. Maybe grenades for big groups of enemies or behemoths.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 12 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #206

i thought about creating an elite ninja too... but i have no clue what kind of wastelander i am going to create... i know i'll tag small guns, repair and lockpick but, outside of that, i got no idea how he'll turn out... about the only thing i know is he's gonna be a white guy, lol laugh.gif...

about the ninja, i'd love to hear your first story of taking on a deathclaw, or your first run-in with an albino radscorpion laugh.gif... you might want to use nuka-grenades too... or bio-gas canisters as your smoke bomb replacements, so you can make a hasty retreat biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 12 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #207

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I think I'll have to put emphasis on stealth when it comes to Deathclaws and Radscorpions. If not, I'll be sure and type up my story.

Anyone ever noticed some of the special dialogue options that come up when you have certain perks? I was playing Mothership Zeta with my Medic/Repairman, who has Mysterious Stranger, and when Somah was telling me her plan (the fight), I had the option to say "If we're lucky, a friend of mine might show up to help." laugh.gif

Makes me wish they'd added the Puppet Master perk...

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 12 2009, 07:21 PM
Post #208

i recall seeing some other options like that somewhere else... i know there is ones for the robotics perk... i think there's a couple for the cannibal perk when in andale and meresti station... yea, some perks add additional dialog options... i wonder what other perks have dialog trees besides the obvious black widow/child at heart ones...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 12 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #209

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 12 2009, 10:41 AM) *
learned a new trick wiki'n just a few minutes ago... i guess you can use the footlocker on the duchess gambit to store your items in... meaning, if you put everything from point lookout in there, you'll have them in the capital wasteland when you get back there...

Trick?
You mean you weren't already using the trunk?

Also, don't forget to check out the engine room of the Gambit.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 12 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #210

Trickster

Member No.: 42,061

Is there a double barrel shotgun in point lookout?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 12 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #211

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Yup.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 12 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #212

Trickster

Please tell me it isn't sawn off.

My character "Ms. Montgomery" would be the only reason for me to get it, as shown here..

That shotgun was from a mod btw. I imagine the new one looks better

This post has been edited by Tranque: Oct 12 2009, 07:35 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 12 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #213

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Nope. Full-length barrel, 85 Damage.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 12 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #214

Trickster

Hm interesting, so let me tally it up.

Good storyline, check.

Southern accents, niet.

Exploration after story, ???

New housing, ???

New weapons, Check.

Hillshaveeyesenemies, Check.

Large area to explore, ???

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 12 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #215

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tranque @ Oct 12 2009, 03:40 PM) *
Hm interesting, so let me tally it up.

Good storyline, check.

Southern accents, niet.

Exploration after story, Yes.

New housing, Not Player-Owned, but there are places to stay and store your things.

New weapons, Check.

Hillshaveeyesenemies, Check.

Large area to explore, Hell yes. Gigantic.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 12 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #216

Trickster

QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 12 2009, 07:43 PM) *
QUOTE (Tranque @ Oct 12 2009, 03:40 PM) *

Southern accents, niet.

Exploration after story, Yes.

New housing, Not Player-Owned, but there are places to stay and store your things.

Large area to explore, Hell yes. Gigantic.

1. sad.gif

2. Awesomecakes

3. Thats what I meant, I always used Silvers Place because the stuff never despawns. Hm I just like houselike things like that, especially for my char. tongue.gif

4. As in, outdoors exploration? Because that gets old sometimes, is there many interiors?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions its just If I want Point Lookout I'll have to reinstall all of fallout, then point lookout and remake my character and I just want to know if its worth it or not tongue.gif

Also I heard Mothership Zeta (Maybe spoilers ??>) fucks over the original storylines whole "We nuked ourselves over oil" political statement

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 12 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #217

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Oh, Southern accents. Uh, kinda. The Swampfolk have accents, but you'll only hear them when they're pumping you full of shotgun pellets. There's a fair amount of interiors. Over a dozen.

Oh, and what do you want to know about MZ?

This post has been edited by Massacre: Oct 12 2009, 07:58 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 12 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #218

QUOTE (§ynch @ Oct 12 2009, 03:22 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 12 2009, 10:41 AM) *
learned a new trick wiki'n just a few minutes ago... i guess you can use the footlocker on the duchess gambit to store your items in... meaning, if you put everything from point lookout in there, you'll have them in the capital wasteland when you get back there...

Trick?
You mean you weren't already using the trunk?

i was using the trunk in motel room 1-D biggrin.gif... i didn't know if the footlocker on the gambit was safe or not... and i didn't know if the items inside made it to the wasteland when you traveled... i know now... so, when i finally leave point lookout, i'll load up the footlocker biggrin.gif...

i got the motel room littered with a bunch of junk... call me crazy but, i love decorating interior locations i call home biggrin.gif... i like to make it feel "lived" in for some reason... plus, it just looks cool when your done decorating... for some reason, most interiors i decorate make me look like an alcoholic laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 12 2009, 08:03 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 12 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #219

Trickster

QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 12 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Oh, Southern accents. Uh, kinda. The Swampfolk have accents, but you'll only hear them when they're pumping you full of shotgun pellets. There's a fair amount of interiors. Over a dozen.

Wait there isn't any like.. alive people, like normal people there? I'd imagine any residents of Point Lookout might have a Grandma Sparkle drawl to them tongue.gif

And Mothership Zeta I'm going to ignore because its too scifi for me >.>

Also big question do any of these mods come with new companions?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 12 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #220

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tranque @ Oct 12 2009, 04:00 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 12 2009, 07:57 PM) *

Wait there isn't any like.. alive people, like normal people there? I'd imagine any residents of Point Lookout might have a Grandma Sparkle drawl to them tongue.gif

And Mothership Zeta I'm going to ignore because its too scifi for me >.>

Also big question do any of these mods come with new companions?

There are a few normal people, they're just more diverse than the Swampfolk. None of the DLC has new companions, but that's what mods are for. I personally don't use companions, Dogmeat is forever holed up in my house keeping that worthless robot company.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 04:25 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4