> Buncefield -3 and a half years on.
The Awesome One
post Jul 31 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #1

Poshboy...

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

When I was 14, I lived in one of the neighbouring borughs of st.albans. On the 13th of december 2005, at 6:01am, buncefield oil depot exploded, causing havoc in the st.albans and hemel hempstead area. I remember this day so well. I was asleep, my dad was getting ready for work and my mum, bro and sister were in bed. I was awoken by the shaking of the house, which broke my bedroom window, and our downstairs back door/windows frame. My dad got everybody up, told us to get changed and get downstairs. We did, and we watched the news for about ten mins until a few families came outside our house. (We have a field outside our house) I remember a mates family came round and knocked. We walked out onto the field and saw the fire. It apeared to be hundreds of feet in the air, it had blackened out the sky. I remember heading back inside to have a advent chocolate (It was in december) and seeing the broken frame. I then went back out side, and went to my other mate who lived next door, and got him up. (He had slept through it.)

A few mins later, we were told we were being moved from our area, and told to go somewhere else. We went to my nans. I recall going back to our house twice, to pick up clothes and my bros inhaler.

Attached File  images.jpg ( 2.57K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  images1.jpg ( 2.77K ) Number of downloads: 0

Enough about me. On to a great family friend (Ian Silverstein) who is still close to my dad, as they used to work together. He has still recieved no amount of compensation from the government, he still has no home to return to. The mental effect on him is massive, hes not the same guy I knew.

[youtube]8CAZA6ovYs0[/youtube]

[youtube]Sf7eU2Q7J9M&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]CmgJ1g_h318&feature=related[/youtube]

This post has been edited by Captain.Charisma: Jul 31 2009, 02:35 PM

--------------------

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 07:33 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4