DuPz0r
post Jul 23 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

So we have the first few handfuls of "3DTVs" on the market at the moment. These are TVs built with similar technology that you may remember from those 80's 3D hologram cards. The screens use an array of tiny lenses at different angles, which in turn shows the left eye and the right eye different images. Your brain then constructs the 3D image, so it's like an optical-illusion. There is a processing chip in the Phillips new TV which calculates in real time what the left and the right eye should see. The screens are built so you can view in 3d without using 3d glasses, and still get that wow factor.

I was just wondering what you guys think of this? is it just another money making ploy, or do you believe it will be an awesome move in the right direction? I think this is a great technology, and it is about time we start to see things on a 3D display (or is it really fully 3D?) rather than 2D. I mean, how old is 2D display now... Mega old. Anyway, i think this is a great way for advertisement and the games industry to be moving in. Which they are btw. There is currently games being developed for this type of display as we speak. I had an interview at the University of Hertfordshire for a place in 3D Games Art. And he even started talking about it there. He told me that they are always getting the latest technology for all the students to work with, which is a must if they want to make it in the quickly evolving industry. He then started talking about 3D in games. And said he was new to it, but is already making wonderful looking gaming experiences with his students. I got a place in that Uni btw happy.gif.

Anyway, what do you think? Is this an exciting move? or do you think it is just meh?

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DuPz0r
post Jul 24 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #2

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

People with partial blindness will be fucked though. They can't see this shit. So they'd have to keep 2D TV's for them at least.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 24 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #3

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Jul 24 2009, 10:24 AM) [snapback]1514444[/snapback]
People with partial blindness will be fucked though. They can't see this shit. So they'd have to keep 2D TV's for them at least.

That's a good point ^ cool.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 04:47 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4