> US Soldier Held By Taliban, Pfc Bowe R Bergdahl
Leon Kennedy
post Jul 23 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #21

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,267

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Jul 23 2009, 12:14 PM) [snapback]1514310[/snapback]
Now I don't usually disagree with you on anything, but you seem to act like this is a senseless war, that Bush had no reason to send us there.
If there wasnt a reason for us to be there, Obama would withdraw us like hes doing in Iraq.

Had Prick-sident Bush actually concentrated on finding bin Laden and stayed the original course in Afghanistan, we would probably not be having this conversation. But as it is, he decided to swing things over to Iraq and completely forget about what was going on in Afghanistan. Which leads us to where we are right now - stuck in the "modern day Vietnam" that we can't get out of. If you really want to put the whole thing in perspective, everything that has happened to the men and women of the US Military since 2001 is the fault of Prick-sident Bush. Don't believe me?

1. After the terrorist attacks on the world trade center, Bush stated (and I quote): "We hear you, and the people who did this to you will hear you soon enough." Yet instead of staying in Afghanistan, he went into Iraq. Hussein is dead, and the terrorists who are largely responsible for the 9/11 attacks are still living in a cave in the middle of a war-torn country. And we can't find them?

2. In May, 2003, Bush literally declared that "...major conflict in Iraq has ended". Really? Then why are we still over there, hmmm? If major conflict ended at that time, then why are we just now getting back to hunting for bin Laden in Afghanistan?

3. Bush supported the continued presence of American troops in Iraq, and promoted the goal of democratic elections there in his nomination speech in 2004. This is all fine and dandy, with the following notations:

a. How can our troops maintain a presence AND have the Iraqi people choose who to lead them?
b. The country is in civil war. How the hell are they supposed to elect leaders when they are fighting amongst themselves?
c. The first elections took place in 2005, but the government was nothing more than a transitional government, and a permanent government wasn't established until more than a year later. And let's not forget that the Transitional Government was influenced heavily by the US. Really free, those elections were.

We wouldn't need to be in either place if Bush would have gone into Afghanistan, found bin Laden, killed him, and then stayed out of Iraq. Is the world better off overall now that Hussein is dead? Yes. Was Hussein a bad guy? Yes. But that wasn't our fight, and it should never have been.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 01:47 PM) *
Finally, I can do this:

In memory of Nanee. 9/1/1993 - 5/16/2009. Rest in Peace, little girl.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Jul 23 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #22

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE(Marilyn.Manson @ Jul 23 2009, 12:49 PM) [snapback]1514316[/snapback]
2. In May, 2003, Bush literally declared that "...major conflict in Iraq has ended". Really? Then why are we still over there, hmmm? If major conflict ended at that time, then why are we just now getting back to hunting for bin Laden in Afghanistan?

We never left Afghanistan.

And also remember, we're an all volunteer military, people know what they're getting into when they join, its drilled into their heads that stuff like this can happen...or wait, let me rephrase that, things like this will happen to them.

This post has been edited by TwoFacedTanner: Jul 23 2009, 06:54 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
new major on the...
post Jul 23 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #23

Pickpocket

Member No.: 34,134
PSN Name: ARCHmajor

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Jul 23 2009, 06:50 PM) [snapback]1514321[/snapback]

And also remember, we're an all volunteer military, people know what they're getting into when they join, its drilled into their heads that stuff like this can happen...or wait, let me rephrase that, things like this will happen to them.

Exactly which leads back to my original statement which was it isn't bush's fault he got captured, it was his own.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 23 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #24

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE(new major on the block @ Jul 23 2009, 08:59 PM) [snapback]1514329[/snapback]
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Jul 23 2009, 06:50 PM) [snapback]1514321[/snapback]

Exactly which leads back to my original statement which was it isn't bush's fault he got captured, it was his own.

You should work for FoxNews.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 23 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #25

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Jul 23 2009, 01:14 PM) [snapback]1514310[/snapback]
Now I don't usually disagree with you on anything, but you seem to act like this is a senseless war, that Bush had no reason to send us there.
If there wasnt a reason for us to be there, Obama would withdraw us like hes doing in Iraq.

Tanner, you can disagree with me, I will not hate you. I love you, no matter your political standing on the war.

I certainly don't think this is a senseless war. I don't discredit any of our armed forces (or future armed forces, you stud, you) in being there. I will agree with Manson's post that it's not Afghanistan that is senseless, it's the concentration of soldiers and resources to Iraq that could have been used in Afghanistan to "end terrorism" or whatever the "end goal" is. Instead, Bush reallocated troops on his own private trophy hunt for Saddam.

I don't think this kid should have STILL been in Afghanistan. We're the USA, we should be in and out of there within ATLEAST 7 years. WW2 was quicker than this sandy shitfest in our buttcrack.

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Jul 23 2009, 02:50 PM) [snapback]1514321[/snapback]

What have we accomplished in Afghanistan? What was this kid's unit doing when he was captured? What was their mission? WHY ARE THEY STILL THERE?

QUOTE(marney1 @ Jul 23 2009, 04:01 PM) [snapback]1514330[/snapback]
QUOTE(new boner in his mouth @ Jul 23 2009, 08:59 PM) [snapback]1514329[/snapback]

You should work for FoxNews.

Or stop watching it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Jul 23 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #26

Clepto

Here everyone is....is this the same guy?

EDIT: Toootally not him. nevermind. But you can still read it.

http://news.aol.com/article/texas-soldier-...nzalez%2F584935

And to not dodge the question

What have we accomplished in Afghanistan? What was this kid's unit doing when he was captured? What was their mission? WHY ARE THEY STILL THERE?

We're fighting the people responsible for terrorist attacks around the world.
Sure there are multiple terror organizations, but I think its obvious why we're targeting on this one.
And I'll admit, we havent made much progress, but at the gym today, I think I saw that we had killed one of Osama's sons.

This post has been edited by TwoFacedTanner: Jul 23 2009, 09:23 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 23 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #27

Godfather
Group Icon

I will believe foreign terrorists carried out 9/11 when someone produces "EVIDENCE".
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 23 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #28

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(marney1 @ Jul 23 2009, 05:35 PM) [snapback]1514372[/snapback]
I will believe foreign terrorists carried out 9/11 when someone produces "EVIDENCE".

Not to get too conspiracy-laden, I kind of agree.
Not convinced some Jawas from Afghanistan flew those planes on 9/11.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Jul 23 2009, 09:41 PM
Post #29

Clepto

QUOTE(marney1 @ Jul 23 2009, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1514372[/snapback]

Well they...kinda told us they did it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 23 2009, 09:42 PM
Post #30

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Jul 23 2009, 05:10 PM) [snapback]1514359[/snapback]
And to not dodge the question

We're fighting the people responsible for terrorist attacks around the world.
Sure there are multiple terror organizations, but I think its obvious why we're targeting on this one.
And I'll admit, we havent made much progress, but at the gym today, I think I saw that we had killed one of Osama's sons.

It was more of a general question, I don't expect you to answer it, but I'd like some elected official to give me something other than a tapdance about how their jacking off and costing troops their lives and costing us a fortune in war funds.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Darth Sexy
post Jul 24 2009, 04:46 AM
Post #31

The Thunder Down Under
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,214

QUOTE(marney1 @ Jul 24 2009, 07:35 AM) [snapback]1514372[/snapback]

Rofl.

I can't be arsed quoting, so I'll just ramble incoherently until someone agrees with me. Whoever said the American government forced this man to go to Afghanistan is clearly a fucking idiot. Of course they did, it's in the job description when you sign up for the armed forces. If you join the armed forces without knowing you'll need to fight in wars you deserve to be blown to pieces.

Stoic: I don't see how you can blame Bush for this guys capture. Afghanistan is a war that needed to be fought, and needs to be won.* Assuming he hasn't been in the army since 2001 he knew what he was getting into. I can't really comment on exit strategy, as I don't really know much about the strategic details, and won't pretend to.

I would like to congratulate new major on the block for making the most stupid statement in this topic. I'm sure this guy is kicking himself for purposely getting abducted.

Hopefully he can get out of there, but I think everyone knows where this is heading.

*If anyone tries to use the "unjust" war in Iraq to counter my views on Afghanistan I will come to your house and impregnate your beloved family pets. They're two separate wars. Stoic is exempt from this, as he raised a valid point about Iraq diverting troops from Afghanistan.

--------------------

QUOTE(Lmoz96 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1514882[/snapback]
Marney1... you know that I can literatly kill you
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 24 2009, 09:03 AM
Post #32

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Jul 24 2009, 05:46 AM) [snapback]1514419[/snapback]

Rofl.

I can't be arsed quoting, so I'll just ramble incoherently until someone agrees with me. Whoever said the American government forced this man to go to Afghanistan is clearly a fucking idiot. Of course they did, it's in the job description when you sign up for the armed forces. If you join the armed forces without knowing you'll need to fight in wars you deserve to be blown to pieces.

Stoic: I don't see how you can blame Bush for this guys capture. Afghanistan is a war that needed to be fought, and needs to be won.* Assuming he hasn't been in the army since 2001 he knew what he was getting into. I can't really comment on exit strategy, as I don't really know much about the strategic details, and won't pretend to.

I would like to congratulate new major on the block for making the most stupid statement in this topic. I'm sure this guy is kicking himself for purposely getting abducted.

Hopefully he can get out of there, but I think everyone knows where this is heading.

*If anyone tries to use the "unjust" war in Iraq to counter my views on Afghanistan I will come to your house and impregnate your beloved family pets. They're two separate wars. Stoic is exempt from this, as he raised a valid point about Iraq diverting troops from Afghanistan.

Why did it need to be fought? I'm just interested in knowing your view.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Jul 24 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #33

Bukkake?
Group Icon

Group: Princess
Member No.: 38,555
XBL Gamertag: ConQueSteD TZA
PSN Name: ConQueSteD

QUOTE(marney1 @ Jul 24 2009, 05:03 AM) [snapback]1514440[/snapback]

Rofl.

Lets see do you think we should allow them to attack our country and not be punished for it? So what you're trying to say is let them crash into our fucking towers, and we sit here and do nothing? That would be Fucking Stupid!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 24 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #34

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE(ConQueSteD @ Jul 24 2009, 11:07 AM) [snapback]1514454[/snapback]

Rofl.

Lets see do you think we should allow them to attack our country and not be punished for it? So what you're trying to say is let them crash into our fucking towers, and we sit here and do nothing? That would be Fucking Stupid!

They had nothing to do with it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Darth Sexy
post Jul 24 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #35

The Thunder Down Under
Group Icon

QUOTE(marney1 @ Jul 24 2009, 08:13 PM) [snapback]1514455[/snapback]

Rofl.

Well, Al-Qaida did have training camps in Afghanistan, and the Taliban was friendly with Bin Laden. Bin Laden was originally hiding out in Afghanistan, although Christ knows where he is now. I won't deny the American failure to capture him. Al-Qaida was openly attacking the USA, and as a superpower, the US couldn't just sit around and allow itself to be attacked. There's also the issue of the Taliban's massive human rights abuses, and their deposition was well overdue. This does of course raise the question of when is appropriate to intervene, and why places like Rwanda and Sudan haven't had intervention, but I'll leave that to another topic.

Mainly, I'm sick of ignorant anti-American bullshit being spewed from the mouths of retarded inbreds. That was referencing RL, and not forum posters (although, there are a few).

I'd also like to apologise if everything I'm typing makes little to no sense, I'm not in a normal state of mind at the moment.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 24 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #36

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Jul 24 2009, 01:22 PM) [snapback]1514467[/snapback]

Rofl.

Well, Al-Qaida did have training camps in Afghanistan, and the Taliban was friendly with Bin Laden. Bin Laden was originally hiding out in Afghanistan, although Christ knows where he is now. I won't deny the American failure to capture him. Al-Qaida was openly attacking the USA, and as a superpower, the US couldn't just sit around and allow itself to be attacked. There's also the issue of the Taliban's massive human rights abuses, and their deposition was well overdue. This does of course raise the question of when is appropriate to intervene, and why places like Rwanda and Sudan haven't had intervention, but I'll leave that to another topic.

Mainly, I'm sick of ignorant anti-American bullshit being spewed from the mouths of retarded inbreds. That was referencing RL, and not forum posters (although, there are a few).

I'd also like to apologise if everything I'm typing makes little to no sense, I'm not in a normal state of mind at the moment.

It did make sense and if that's your opinion then fair enough, I just wish somebody could show me hard evidence of what I think is one huge con.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Darth Sexy
post Jul 24 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #37

The Thunder Down Under
Group Icon

QUOTE(marney1 @ Jul 24 2009, 10:29 PM) [snapback]1514471[/snapback]

Rofl.

It did make sense and if that's your opinion then fair enough, I just wish somebody could show me hard evidence of what I think is one huge con.

Hard evidence of the huge con...do you mean 9/11? Bin Laden taking responsibility for it is a good start. Documents showing the alleged terrorists attended 747 training in Pakistan is also compelling. It is also (for me, at least) very difficult to believe the USA would attack it's own citizens for what....a war which has dragged on far too long? Afghanistan was entirely warranted. Did the coalition go about the war in an effective way which would end it quickly, with minimal casualties? Of that I'm not so sure.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 24 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #38

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Jul 24 2009, 01:33 PM) [snapback]1514472[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ Jul 24 2009, 10:29 PM) [snapback]1514471[/snapback]

Rofl.

Hard evidence of the huge con...do you mean 9/11? Bin Laden taking responsibility for it is a good start. Documents showing the alleged terrorists attended 747 training in Pakistan is also compelling. It is also (for me, at least) very difficult to believe the USA would attack it's own citizens for what....a war which has dragged on far too long? Afghanistan was entirely warranted. Did the coalition go about the war in an effective way which would end it quickly, with minimal casualties? Of that I'm not so sure.

Certain people make a fortune from long drawn out wars and that is (IMO) what it's all about.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 24 2009, 01:39 PM
Post #39

Boss
Group Icon

I'm going to try and not copy and paste all that but I will try address all the posts necessary.

@Darth: I agree the war in Afghanistan needs to be fought. But it also needs to be over, like, years ago. I know we can't find Bin Laden, but we do have hundreds of thousands of troops spread out across Iraq that could be checking holes in Afghanistan. Where are those boys that caught Saddam? Send them into Afghanistan to get Bin Laden in his hole. Anyway, I'm not saying the war isn't important to reduce the number of terrorists (or civilians) residing in Afghanistan, I'm just saying we should have been able to accomplish something worthwhile by now.

@marney: Weird I find myself agreeing with you in some aspects. I'm not sure 9-11 was 100% orchestrated by the Taliban, that's my personal belief, I'm not looking to argue conspiracies, we can create another topic for that. I do feel that IF Afghanistan was the source of terrorist activities, including 9-11, we would have received some backlash from the terrorists here in America. Anthrax? Ha. Government scare tactics. There have been no major attacks since 9-11. I would think the terrorists would retaliate for the bombings of their cities, the death of their civilians and the general HATE for America. Is the US presence in Afghanistan really squashing the terrorist threat, or was there never really a threat to begin with?

Marney is also right about the profitability of war. My uncle works for the government (not the military) and is currently in Afghanistan, making fucking BANK. He once told me he'd like to see us in Afghanistan as long as possible, simply for the amount of money he was making while working over there.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Jul 24 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #40

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE(Stoic_Person_Eater @ Jul 22 2009, 02:08 PM) [snapback]1514127[/snapback]
Hilary Clinton is campaigning for the soldiers release. It's not Obama's fault he got captured, it's Bush's.

Actually, from what i've heard it's his own fault he got captured... He walked off base with no weapons... from the information we have it kinda seems to me like he wanted to become a deserter and join up with the talliban, but when he got there they tricked him...

dur da dur?

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 12:09 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4