Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Problem - Can't Connect to Windows Live ID
EddieRP7
post Jun 16 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,366

After discovering how to make an offline profile I decided to remove all the stuff that had been put in the Rockstar folders by the xlive Wrapper. I removed the xlive.dll and the ylive.dll and the ylive.dll.cat.

The dialog box said wen I first tried to launch the game with the wrapper's xlive.dll in the game folder that it was going to copy ylive.dll and ylive.dll.cat from the system32 folder to the user...../appdata/GTA IV folder so I figured I could delete the copies. Well it must have lied and moved not copied the ylive.dll and ylive.dll.cat files because now there are no ylive files on my machine. That is possibly why I cant access the Windows Live ID server.

Please dont tell me I need to start from square 1 and reinstall the game. The off line game works fine and I have actually managed to finish 6 missions now. If it turns out that a reinstall is necessary to restore access to the Windows Live ID server then I will just never play on line.

I checked the status of the Windows Live ID server from their web site and it says it is running normally so I know the problem is not a server down issue. If anyone agrees that the loss of the ylive.dll and the ylive.dll.cat files from the system32 folder is the problem could they possibly send me the files if they are not user specific but the same on all player's computers.

In the mean time I will just be playing off line

Thanks

This post has been edited by EddieRP7: Jun 16 2009, 07:04 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Jun 16 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 13,927

Why don't ask for help at GTAFORUMS? It s much busier there than here. Also, I've never done online play. So I wouldn't know anything about it.

You better hurry up and read this before a moderator removes the GTAFORUMS link from my post. They've don it before.

Edit: I believe this may be the problem.

This post has been edited by HEAT84: Jun 16 2009, 09:01 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Jun 16 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #3

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Jun 16 2009, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1508180[/snapback]
Why don't ask for help at GTAFORUMS? It s much busier there than here. A:so, I've never done online play. So I wouldn't know anything about it.

You better hurry up and read this before a moderator removes the GTAFORUMS link from my post. They've don it before.

How dare you post a link to a rival website! I quit as your sidekick. And you know you are breaking the rules. I am considering reporting you.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Jun 16 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Isn't helping people more important? This site is predominantly console nowadays anyway. Back in the SA days the PC section for that game was bustling but now all the PC'ers are gone from here except me. and a very few others. In fact I used to come here way more often than GTAForums. Is there really a rule that says no linking to rival websites?
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Jun 16 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #5

Poshboy...

QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Jun 16 2009, 10:00 PM) [snapback]1508189[/snapback]
Isn't helping people more important? This site is predominantly console nowadays anyway. Back in the SA days the PC section for that game was bustling but now all the PC'ers are gone from here except me. and a very few others. In fact I used to come here way more often than GTAForums. Is there really a rule that says no linking to rival websites?

No, helping people only applies when giving anal. Im a "PC'er".
If theres no rule about giving links to rival websites, there should be. Its like, Bill Gates owning a Mac. John Terry in a a Man United shirt. Halo on a PS3. It just dont happen.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Jun 17 2009, 03:06 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Why does there have to be a rivalry? The purpose of both sites is for helping people with GTA. It would be like 2 charities fighting over people that need their help.

I don't understand that sentence(or 2?).

I have no idea who John Terry is but soccer is boring.

OK back on topic now.
Achievements

+Quote Post
EddieRP7
post Jun 17 2009, 04:29 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,366

QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Jun 16 2009, 02:43 PM) [snapback]1508180[/snapback]
Why don't ask for help at GTAFORUMS? It s much busier there than here. Also, I've never done online play. So I wouldn't know anything about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot for that HEAT84. I will give it till tomorrow and see if it is working again.

BTW I use to use this forum a lot while playing GTA-SA and I still like the forum. I have no intention of registering on that other forum. I have been extremely heavy into WoW for the past 7 months and only got back into this when I saw GTA-IV for PC on the Wal-Mart shelf the other day. This version sure is different than GTSA in many ways.

I have managed to get my off line game up to the Easy Fare mission which I have tried and failed once now. I am going to read some strategies on the web tomorrow and give it another try. I got so surrounded by cops when I tried to exit the place I took the fare to that it was hopeless. I couldn't find a clear path to escape and got killed. Well tomorrow is another day. My off line game is much further along than the on line game is so I will probably not even play the on line one anymore. Steering with the arrow keys using my right hand is a big improvement over the left hand WASD keys but it is still very jerky and doesn't have the nice smooth steering I had using the mouse in GTSA.

Thanks a lot for all your help HEAT84 and especially for bending the rules a little bit. THANKS!!!

Eddie
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jun 17 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #8

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I had the keyboard + mouse problem on SA. You might want to consider investing in a 360 controller, even if you don't have a 360. Most PC games with a 360 counterpart can be played with a 360 controller, and if I remember correctly, there's a mod somewhere that lets you use it to play WoW, too, but I've never played WoW, so I don't know how that would fare...

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Jun 17 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #9

Poshboy...

QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Jun 17 2009, 04:06 AM) [snapback]1508283[/snapback]
Why does there have to be a rivalry? The purpose of both sites is for helping people with GTA. It would be like 2 charities fighting over people that need their help.

I don't understand that sentence(or 2?).

I have no idea who John Terry is but soccer is boring.

OK back on topic now.

You americans need to realise that soccer is in charge of the world. (Except you guys) Now drop the egg and use a proper sized ball!

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jun 17 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #10

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Normally, I don't consider any country better than any other (because I really don't care), but considering that Brits insist that soccer is the greatest thing ever, and Americans don't care, it's pretty safe to say that America is better, at least in terms of entertainment.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 09:44 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4