post May 27 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #21

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 27 2009, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1504859[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 27 2009, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1504846[/snapback]
I was hunting for more info on this last night and came across (not literally) a game/forum site for gays and boy were they happy with the new title. 070302buttsecks2.gif

Link plz. tongue.gif

(Might be good for lols.)

"Oh my GOD that Niko is fiiit!"

http://gaygamer.net/ unsure.gif

LOL they even have clans.

This post has been edited by marney1: May 27 2009, 06:59 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post May 27 2009, 06:57 PM
Post #22

Get off my Planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

Meh...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 27 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #23

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

GayGamer? Why didn't they just call it Gaymer? Gay people: They can decorate your living room, they can pound butt, but they can't name a website.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post May 27 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #24

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Comments relating to the new DLC:
SilentSpartan said:

What can I say?Rockstar amazes me over and over!GTA4 is always coming back to my ps3... And probably Tony is really gay.For those who like to know stuff about mobsters: Vito Arena, was a homosexual mob associate in the Gambino crime family. So itīs not impossible that Rockstar was a bit influenced by that. And they got enough balls to use that in a videogame.
May 26, 2009 7:02 PM
Anyone said:

Reads more like another bait for some outrage by the media.
Rockstar seems to be back to more controversial themes!
(See Bully (Gay Kiss), Coffee-Mod (GTA SA) (Hidden Sex), Manhunter 1+2 (Murder) etc.)

Rockstar could/should really pull it off, to create a story about a gay character, but I doubt that.

They could make "Luis Lopez" or "Gay Tony" a gay character like "Omar Little" (The Wire).

In the worst case scenario "Gay Tony" will end up like the gay gangster in "The Sopranos".
May 26, 2009 7:07 PM
Mad Mage said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. But aren't all GTA characters of any given race, a blatant stereotype of said race?

It'd be nice to see Gay Tony at least somewhat realistically portrayed, but what are the chances?
May 26, 2009 9:10 PM
g_whiz said:

I'm rather pleased about this. Despite the fact that Niko's old army buddy in GTA 4 turned out to pander to quite a few stereotypes, but despite this, Niko's relationship with him if followed through turned out to be rather meaningful.

On Virtual NYC, I was a little weirded out that the city I'd gotten so used to wandering around in reality didn't have a very realistic depcition of Chelsea and the Village. Maybe the new characters "Gay Tony" and "Luis Lopez" give us a slice of the hard knock life from that bit of neighborhood? One thing's for sure, its New York City. If we're going to tell a realistic story about the craziness and diversity of the people there, there are PLENTY of gay men and women there. Its awesome that there's going to be regonition of that instead of having us disapeared with all the other minorities in "Friends".
May 26, 2009 9:24 PM
B.C. said:

I just hope that this time around they allow us to use whatever add-ons (like weapons) in the Niko game.

I mean, it's seriously retarded that they only added the improved motorcycle physics (and guns) to just that part of the game. probably why I didn't buy it. I'll buy this if Gay Tony is actually gay and doesnt turn out to be some screaming queen like Niko's army buddy.
May 26, 2009 10:13 PM
Schuhart said:

Wasn't Gay Tony in Lost and Damned? He was the obvious stereotype buying the diamonds, if anyone remembers.
May 27, 2009 5:17 AM
Lydecker said:

Gay Tony was briefly mentioned/chased in GTAIV if I recall, and was definitely in a The Lost and Damned cutscene, where you proceeded to kill his alleged boytoy (which also showed up in the online newspaper).

And the both of them were definitely a little flamboyant in that, and I'm guessing we'd be playing the straight guy who had enough of them idolizing the diamonds before The Lost showed up for the heist.
May 27, 2009 5:50 AM
Alco said:

Well, I don't know how this is gonna play out but I'm glad they'll put both DLC on a DVD.

Ohter than that I'm not pissed off by the stereotypical gay in GTA4. If you stop and think for a second EVERY character fits a stereotype in that game. You can't take it too seriously, I know I'm not.
May 27, 2009 10:10 AM
SilentSpartan said:

Whatīs the problem if the gay character is flamboyant? St8 people usually donīt like effeminate gay guys(they kind of tolerate the "gay macho"), so if you have a game that shows that the "pansies" are cool guys too (and not just the butch type) in my opinion itīs a win. When I first saw Nikoīs army buddy, I was a bit worried, but thereīs a mission where you have to kill gay bashers in a park... and what a nice way to put st8 homophobics doing that in a game!
May 27, 2009 11:03 AM

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 27 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #25

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 27 2009, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1504875[/snapback]
Comments relating to the new DLC:
SilentSpartan said:

What can I say?Rockstar amazes me over and over!GTA4 is always coming back to my ps3... And probably Tony is really gay.For those who like to know stuff about mobsters: Vito Arena, was a homosexual mob associate in the Gambino crime family. So itīs not impossible that Rockstar was a bit influenced by that. And they got enough balls to use that in a videogame.
May 26, 2009 7:02 PM
Anyone said:

Reads more like another bait for some outrage by the media.
Rockstar seems to be back to more controversial themes!
(See Bully (Gay Kiss), Coffee-Mod (GTA SA) (Hidden Sex), Manhunter 1+2 (Murder) etc.)

Rockstar could/should really pull it off, to create a story about a gay character, but I doubt that.

They could make "Luis Lopez" or "Gay Tony" a gay character like "Omar Little" (The Wire).

In the worst case scenario "Gay Tony" will end up like the gay gangster in "The Sopranos".
May 26, 2009 7:07 PM
Mad Mage said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. But aren't all GTA characters of any given race, a blatant stereotype of said race?

It'd be nice to see Gay Tony at least somewhat realistically portrayed, but what are the chances?
May 26, 2009 9:10 PM
g_whiz said:

I'm rather pleased about this. Despite the fact that Niko's old army buddy in GTA 4 turned out to pander to quite a few stereotypes, but despite this, Niko's relationship with him if followed through turned out to be rather meaningful.

On Virtual NYC, I was a little weirded out that the city I'd gotten so used to wandering around in reality didn't have a very realistic depcition of Chelsea and the Village. Maybe the new characters "Gay Tony" and "Luis Lopez" give us a slice of the hard knock life from that bit of neighborhood? One thing's for sure, its New York City. If we're going to tell a realistic story about the craziness and diversity of the people there, there are PLENTY of gay men and women there. Its awesome that there's going to be regonition of that instead of having us disapeared with all the other minorities in "Friends".
May 26, 2009 9:24 PM
B.C. said:

I just hope that this time around they allow us to use whatever add-ons (like weapons) in the Niko game.

I mean, it's seriously retarded that they only added the improved motorcycle physics (and guns) to just that part of the game. probably why I didn't buy it. I'll buy this if Gay Tony is actually gay and doesnt turn out to be some screaming queen like Niko's army buddy.
May 26, 2009 10:13 PM
Schuhart said:

Wasn't Gay Tony in Lost and Damned? He was the obvious stereotype buying the diamonds, if anyone remembers.
May 27, 2009 5:17 AM
Lydecker said:

Gay Tony was briefly mentioned/chased in GTAIV if I recall, and was definitely in a The Lost and Damned cutscene, where you proceeded to kill his alleged boytoy (which also showed up in the online newspaper).

And the both of them were definitely a little flamboyant in that, and I'm guessing we'd be playing the straight guy who had enough of them idolizing the diamonds before The Lost showed up for the heist.
May 27, 2009 5:50 AM
Alco said:

Well, I don't know how this is gonna play out but I'm glad they'll put both DLC on a DVD.

Ohter than that I'm not pissed off by the stereotypical gay in GTA4. If you stop and think for a second EVERY character fits a stereotype in that game. You can't take it too seriously, I know I'm not.
May 27, 2009 10:10 AM
SilentSpartan said:

Whatīs the problem if the gay character is flamboyant? St8 people usually donīt like effeminate gay guys(they kind of tolerate the "gay macho"), so if you have a game that shows that the "pansies" are cool guys too (and not just the butch type) in my opinion itīs a win. When I first saw Nikoīs army buddy, I was a bit worried, but thereīs a mission where you have to kill gay bashers in a park... and what a nice way to put st8 homophobics doing that in a game!
May 27, 2009 11:03 AM

i'm surprised i didn't see any "OMG!!" comments... i guess they aren't the stereotypes that R* envisioned... i'm getting this feeling that this game will outrage the gay community because of R*'s consistant attempt to make fun of everything, inlcuding them...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post May 27 2009, 08:53 PM
Post #26

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

Rockstar isn't trying to make fun of anyone with this. If anything, they're just demonstrating their maturity, and confidence in their image as a mature company. The humour in the games can be very dark, but it's not like they focus on one group. They use all stereotypes in their material.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 27 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #27

stereotypes... which to me, is almost like making fun of them... and yes, R* does make fun of everyone, that's why i can see the gay community getting a little upset when they see the stereotypical stuff in BOGT... it's not that it's deserved, it's just that they make fun of everyone, including gays... they're like the south park of video games biggrin.gif... and look at how many people are upset over some of the south park episodes...

i'm just saying i can see the gay community getting a little pee'd off... lol, that sounded gay...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 27 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #28

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Sadly, I'm sure the media and gay non-gamers will have a fit over it, and completely ignore the fact that a community of gay gamers have no problem with it whatsoever. Many of them are even thrilled, but that doesn't mean anything to the people who don't understand the game like the gamers do.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 27 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #29

sad, but true...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post May 27 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #30

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

gay gamers?

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 27 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #31

Godfather
Group Icon

Just when I thought this forum couldn't get any more gay, they release the new title. Now everyone has got an excuse to mention the word gay.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Batman Bill
post May 27 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #32

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 52,210

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 27 2009, 02:31 PM) [snapback]1504767[/snapback]
QUOTE(Batman Bill @ May 27 2009, 07:09 AM) [snapback]1504742[/snapback]
Actually I just read an interesting thread on a rival GTA website that more or less confirmed it a while back.

We have a RIVAL? What is the name of this magical website that confirms the unconfirmable?

QUOTE(Gay Tony @ May 27 2009, 12:31 AM) [snapback]1504697[/snapback]
Man, people sure know there gta. Guessing the character dead on before its even announced.

Or reading it from this RIVAL site.

I beat 'Lost and the Damned' last night and watching the credits, it's easy to see that Luis is the next character.

LoL, it was GTAForums.com .. I prefer this one though, gtaforums is so strict and if you ask a reasonable question you get everyone moaning and calling you a n00b.

QUOTE(marney1 @ May 27 2009, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1504864[/snapback]
QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 27 2009, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1504859[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 27 2009, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1504846[/snapback]
I was hunting for more info on this last night and came across (not literally) a game/forum site for gays and boy were they happy with the new title. 070302buttsecks2.gif

Link plz. tongue.gif

(Might be good for lols.)

"Oh my GOD that Niko is fiiit!"

http://gaygamer.net/ unsure.gif

LOL they even have clans.

As much as I wanna see what they say, I can't let that into my browsing history lol!

--------------------
These Colours Don't Run
Xbox Gamertag Batman Bill
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 28 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #33

Godfather
Group Icon

I wonder if when you pick up a prostitute and are about to do business some of them will reveal that they are in fact a ladyboy? That would be a great excuse to beat them to death with a bat and not feel guilty afterwards. biggrin.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 28 2009, 02:09 AM
Post #34

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE(marney1 @ May 27 2009, 08:20 PM) [snapback]1504930[/snapback]
I wonder if when you pick up a prostitute and are about to do business some of them will reveal that they are in fact a ladyboy? That would be a great excuse to beat them to death with a bat and not feel guilty afterwards. biggrin.gif

That would be amazing. Mmm, ladyboys...

QUOTE(mark456 @ May 27 2009, 09:52 PM) [snapback]1504943[/snapback]
Every dark night is followed by a bright sunny day. So, patience and attention is required and things will be fruitful in near future. I was a little weirded out that the city I'd gotten so used to wandering around in reality didn't have a very realistic depcition of Chelsea and the Village. Maybe the new characters "Gay Tony" and "Luis Lopez" give us a slice of the hard knock life from that bit of neighborhood? One thing's for sure, its New York City. If we're going to tell a realistic story about the craziness and diversity of the people there, there are PLENTY of gay men and women there. Its awesome that there's going to be regonition of that instead of having us disapeared with all the other minorities in "Friends".

mark456

Find Lawyer

How much do you make doing this? I need a job, and this is just easy enough and annoying enough to others to keep me happy.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post May 28 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #35

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(Massacre @ May 27 2009, 10:09 PM) [snapback]1504948[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 27 2009, 08:20 PM) [snapback]1504930[/snapback]
I wonder if when you pick up a prostitute and are about to do business some of them will reveal that they are in fact a ladyboy? That would be a great excuse to beat them to death with a bat and not feel guilty afterwards. :D

That would be amazing. Mmm, ladyboys...

Chicks with dicks. Best of both worlds.
Achievements

+Quote Post
MrMgoo
post Aug 18 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #36

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 55,466

Luis Fernando Lopez, is the guy from that museum mission (which ive forgotten the name of, the one with johnny).
He is the one shooting from the top balcony you see him in a small cutscene.
I have a feeling that Luis isn't going to be as good as Niko, because, even johnny wasn't that "cool".

--------------------

So this is what the dream feels like?
This is the victory we have longed for.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Aug 18 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #37

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE(MrMgoo @ Aug 18 2009, 06:46 AM) [snapback]1518496[/snapback]
I have a feeling that Luis isn't going to be as good as Niko, because, even johnny wasn't that "cool".

Johnny was the shit man.
I guess I liked him so much because of his slight southern accent.

This post has been edited by TwoFacedTanner: Aug 18 2009, 03:10 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Aug 18 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #38

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

Johnny and Niko were both awesome characters. I don't think Luis will be the same.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 18 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #39

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Aug 18 2009, 11:58 AM) [snapback]1518520[/snapback]
Johnny and Niko were both awesome characters. I don't think Luis will be the same.

I agree. I hope my distaste for Hispanics won't interfere with my enjoyment of this DLC.

From what I have seen of Luis, he kind of seems like a punk. Niko was a complex character driven by an epic storyline; Johnny was a bad ass biker who fit into the mix and also had a great storyline.

I'm sure TBoGT will be great; I just hope I can get behind the character like I have with Johnny and Niko.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Aug 19 2009, 04:09 AM
Post #40

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

What sucks the most about this is I probably wont be able to play TBoGT until after I get out of basic training...which will be in February. sad.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 08:39 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4