IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Multiplayer Bugs, Has it gotten better or worse since the down-time a few weeks ago?
Apocolyptic Diet...
post May 24 2009, 05:37 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 52,327

I wanted to know if any of you are coming across these bugs/glitches that have been happening more frequently. A few that are still around are: Not being able to see half the people in a room when a friend invites you, a few collision errors, frame rate hesitation, (after shooting someone in the head 30 times with a rifle) he kills you only to die himself/herself and weird RPG collision detection i.e. rocket going through the ground without exploding on impact.

--------------------
Do you remember your first piece of ass? Yeah? Do you remember your first blowjob? Yeah? How'd it taste?

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 24 2009, 05:39 AM
Post #2

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE(SoMeRaNdOmGuY @ May 24 2009, 06:37 AM) [snapback]1504072[/snapback]
I wanted to know if any of you are coming across these bugs/glitches that have been happening more frequently. A few that are still around are: Not being able to see half the people in a room when a friend invites you, a few collision errors, frame rate hesitation, (after shooting someone in the head 30 times with a rifle) he kills you only to die himself/herself and weird RPG collision detection i.e. rocket going through the ground without exploding on impact.

Seems to be happening more and more of late yeah.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Apocolyptic Diet...
post May 24 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Not just in Freemode. It happens to the other modes like NOOSE and Deathmatch. Its most noticable on Deathmatch. The stats being lost after you log off is another issue. Each day it improves slightly on ridding one glitch but leaves the others more noticable. I got a group of friends to record individual stats and played NOOSE untill we all had a noticable amount of money ($5,000). To this day we still do, just to see if hours of earning money would stick to the scores.

--------------------
Do you remember your first piece of ass? Yeah? Do you remember your first blowjob? Yeah? How'd it taste?

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 24 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #4

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

I just seem to get lag, cars glide from one side of the road to another and sort of hover sideways back to their side of the road. Plus the disconnection problems.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Apocolyptic Diet...
post May 24 2009, 09:41 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

The only problem that i've seen with cars is that, for some weird reason, they disappear completely from the match. This is the only one I've been able to figure out how to fix. Just go to a dealership like the ones in Algonquin or Alderney and exit. Cars should then re-appear. If only fixing the other glitches were that simple. Sometimes the disconnection problems is someone kicking you out of the match. Atleast, thats what shows up on the screen when they do it to me.

This post has been edited by SoMeRaNdOmGuY: May 24 2009, 09:45 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
shabbagaz
post May 25 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 223

After over a year since it was released I still get 'lost connection' problems, although sometimes its alright. Recently though its been quite severe and i'm getting a lost connection more often. I'm lucky if I can get 10 minutes in a game.

There are more glitches i've noticed that have become more frequent - others players suddenly dying for no reason, players' characters floating up into the sky/floating round the ground (!!) etc.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 25 2009, 09:30 PM
Post #7

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE(shabbagaz @ May 25 2009, 10:11 PM) [snapback]1504343[/snapback]
After over a year since it was released I still get 'lost connection' problems, although sometimes its alright. Recently though its been quite severe and i'm getting a lost connection more often. I'm lucky if I can get 10 minutes in a game.

There are more glitches i've noticed that have become more frequent - others players suddenly dying for no reason, players' characters floating up into the sky/floating round the ground (!!) etc.

I've notice all that too, the players just falling over dead for no reason and others at the airport speeding around with just their torso showing.
It's really starting to piss me off now, oh and the severe slowdown when there is a lot of action on screen. wallbash_red.gif

This post has been edited by marney1: May 25 2009, 09:31 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Apocolyptic Diet...
post May 25 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

A few times I'd see people in a helicopter without being able to see the heli. It just shows them standing in the air motionless. You can't even tell if they're shooting at you or hear them approaching. I'm lucky if I can make it to the match with the connection issues. R* is really slacking. I expect better quallity service from a company like them. mad.gif

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 25 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #9

Godfather
Group Icon

I'll investigate this problem via Google and shall report my findings.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 25 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #10

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE(SoMeRaNdOmGuY @ May 24 2009, 10:41 PM) [snapback]1504182[/snapback]
Sometimes the disconnection problems is someone kicking you out of the match. Atleast, thats what shows up on the screen when they do it to me.

Whenever you get disconnected and someone invites you back into the match it'll always come up with "cannot join a game you were kicked from" if people had kicked you you'd see the vote at the top of the screen. "Player A wants to kick Player B."

And a good way to check for lag, either shoot a car's tire and see how long it takes for the popping and deflating to occur. Or shoot a car until it catches alight and when it explodes if there's lag the car will turn to it's burnt out model before the actual explosion. I've noticed this after standing on top of alot of exploding cars.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 25 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #11

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE(marney1 @ May 25 2009, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1504350[/snapback]
I'll investigate this problem via Google and shall report my findings.

Right - I found nothing helpful just complaints about it like you find here but I've sent an e-mail asking what the problem is.
If I get a reply I'll let you know.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Apocolyptic Diet...
post May 25 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 25 2009, 07:25 PM) [snapback]1504351[/snapback]
QUOTE(SoMeRaNdOmGuY @ May 24 2009, 10:41 PM) [snapback]1504182[/snapback]
Sometimes the disconnection problems is someone kicking you out of the match. Atleast, thats what shows up on the screen when they do it to me.

Whenever you get disconnected and someone invites you back into the match it'll always come up with "cannot join a game you were kicked from" if people had kicked you you'd see the vote at the top of the screen. "Player A wants to kick Player B."

And a good way to check for lag, either shoot a car's tire and see how long it takes for the popping and deflating to occur. Or shoot a car until it catches alight and when it explodes if there's lag the car will turn to it's burnt out model before the actual explosion. I've noticed this after standing on top of alot of exploding cars.

When you go to join a match the screen is black. How would you even know they weren't kicking you? You'd only see the vote if you made it into the match.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 27 2009, 06:24 PM
Post #13

Godfather
Group Icon

I just got an e-mail from R* asking me for more info on the problem with vanishing cars and lost connection and shit like that but I can't think what to write because I detailed everything for them.
Any ideas?
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post May 27 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

My guess: there are fewer people playing the game, meaning fewer games, meaning more lag. I don't think there's much more to it than that.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 27 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #15

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE(SoMeRaNdOmGuY @ May 25 2009, 11:19 PM) [snapback]1504366[/snapback]
When you go to join a match the screen is black. How would you even know they weren't kicking you? You'd only see the vote if you made it into the match.

As far as I know you can't be kicked until you've actually entered the game, either that or you have a very bad reputation and as soon as people see your name they kick you.

It happens all the time, me and GLC play in a match, just the two of us, (how romantic.) If I made the game we'll be ok for about 10 minutes, then he'll suddenly disconnect, if he made the game then I disconnect after a while, we both get the same message; "Unable to join a game you were kicked from."

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 27 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #16

Godfather
Group Icon

This is why I want an answer from R* themselves; to stop us wondering why all the time.
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post May 27 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #17

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

Dam if R* dont get this fixed many people are going to be put off downloading their DLCs. More people play on the PC now, and the problems not as bad as the console version.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 27 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #18

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 27 2009, 09:21 PM) [snapback]1504878[/snapback]
Dam if R* dont get this fixed many people are going to be put off downloading their DLCs. More people play on the PC now, and the problems not as bad as the console version.

I couldn't even get the fucking PC version installed...

Plus I was a bit pissed at having to register two silly things i'll never use. (Social club and the shitty games for windows thing.)

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 08:45 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4