IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Assassin's Creed 2, GIANT MONEKY BALLS!
DiO
post Apr 13 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #1

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

Assassins Creed II takes place in 1476 in a war ridden Italy with new Assassin Ezio out to discover his roots.
Overview

Assassins Creed II is the sequel to the popular 2007 action-adventure game, Assassins Creed. In the continuation of the saga, Assassins Creed II takes place in Italy set in the year 1476. You assume the role of Ezio Auditore de Firenze, the new protaganist of the series, and bloodline relative of the late Altiar and desmond from the original Assassins Creed. This newest entry in the series introduces a revamped combat system, new side quests and a bag of unique new abilities, and many more new things. Assassins Creed II was announced by word of mouth in mid 2008, but was confirmed to be exsistant via teaser on April 6th 2009. Assassins Creed II is due out in the fiscal year of 2010.

Confirmed New Gameplay Details

The May 2009 issue of Game Informer Magazine revealed a large amount of information concerning the gameplay and story elements of Assassins Creed II.

- Players now assume the role of Ezio Auditore de Firenze instead as the main Character. He is from Florence Italy and has blood ties to Altiar.

- Assassins Creed II is set in 1476 in Italy and will feature locations including Saint Marks Basilica cathedrale, The Grand Canal, Rialto Bridge, and Da Vincis Workshop

- Ezio wields dual hidden blades, and can perform multipule moves with them including a disarm technique.

- Ezio can obtain and use several different weapons from shops and pick them up off deseased enemies. Including Short Swords, Long Swords, Curved Daggers, Spears, Warhammers, Battle Axes and a Mace.

- Gliding or Flying is confirmed. Ezio can swoop or glide down and across the cities for a haste escape.

- There are now several types of opposition to fight including Archers, Shield Wielding troops, Chainmail armored troops, Special Forces style attack guards, your basic guards, large dual weapon troops and even other assassins.

- Day and Night cycle has been included in this installment (Day, Dawn, Dusk, Night etc)

- Sinse players will be in Venice in the game, Ezio can Swim and use the water as an escape tactic. In the Last game, Water was an instant death.

- Health now longer regerates, players heal themselves or must find doctors in towns

- You Can buy and upgrade weapons and items at shops

- There is a notoriety System in play in which Ezio will become recognized for his slayings. Some people will cower in fear were as others will view you in disgust.

- The Counter-System is back as well as a revamped fighting system with better manuvability

- Every weapon in Assassins Creed II has a Finishing move

- Players can disarm enemies weapons and then use them against them

- New special attacks and abilties

- Hidden items throughout the world include Gold Coins, Flags and mini statues. This time, collecting these items will unlock new items and reward players will bonuses as well as achievements.

- Can now kill people while in hidding spots (Hay bails etc)

- 16 different Mission types (they removed ease-dropping or pick pocketing mission types)

- Horse riding is confirmed to return with new features

- A team of 240 plus people are working on the game

The Game Informer issue also lays out a large amount of information reguarding new characters. The magazine is already being distrbuted throughout the United States.
http://www.giantbomb.com/assassins-creed-2/61-22928/

Sounds like it isn't going to have any modern day parts because of the non-regenerating health. In the last game that just signified de-syncing with the memories. Here it seems its actual health. That or this one will have a "twist." That being the same "twist" from the first game.

edit

I'm not fixing the typo on the topic description just cause.

2nd edit.

Warhammers, Battle Axes and a Mace.

Fucking metal!

This post has been edited by Destruction-Overdrive: Apr 13 2009, 02:23 AM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Apr 13 2009, 05:34 AM
Post #2

Snitch

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

i didnt like the first one so unless this one is a lot different, im not getting it

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Apr 13 2009, 07:33 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Well, those points there show that it is much different. I loved the 1st one. Beat it 3 times.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Apr 13 2009, 08:28 AM
Post #4

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I'm looking forward to playing it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Apr 13 2009, 12:05 PM
Post #5

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

Hopefully, this one should be alot better now that they know where they went wrong with the first. Looks quite good atm, I love free running.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Apr 13 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #6

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I'm very excited for this. I still think the 1st game was great; even though it was repetitive; it's magnificent.

Based on the new features D-O listed; it looks like they fix alot of gripes from the first one and really take the game to the next level. I'm probably going to boot up the first game tonight and collect some more flags; kill some more guards.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 13 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #7

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i too thought the game was way too repetitive... it was fun for it was worth but, after a few days of constantly climbing, eavesdropping, and hiding, it wore itself out rather fast... but, the gameplay was fun and, it sounds like with 16 different mission types, it'll keep the game from getting so damn repetitive and boring... plus, collecting stuff actually gives you a reward, instead of nothing...

i'm sure i'll get it... just because, the first one was fun to play, easily one of the more interesting gaming concepts of a couple years ago... and it looks to stay true to form while fixing some of the grips we all had with the first one...

can't wait to see how gliding across the city looks biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Apr 13 2009, 02:44 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Apr 14 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #8

Snitch

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Apr 13 2009, 09:43 AM) [snapback]1495479[/snapback]
i too thought the game was way too repetitive... it was fun for it was worth but, after a few days of constantly climbing, eavesdropping, and hiding, it wore itself out rather fast... but, the gameplay was fun and, it sounds like with 16 different mission types, it'll keep the game from getting so damn repetitive and boring... plus, collecting stuff actually gives you a reward, instead of nothing...

i'm sure i'll get it... just because, the first one was fun to play, easily one of the more interesting gaming concepts of a couple years ago... and it looks to stay true to form while fixing some of the grips we all had with the first one...

can't wait to see how gliding across the city looks :D...

thats pretty much how i feel... first 3 assassinations were fun, the other 6 were like made it feel like you were playing the same game 3 times.

I have to admit it does sound better, but ill have to play it first cause i dont trust that 100%

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Apr 14 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #9

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

I thought the original game was great, I can't wait for this one to come out.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 14 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #10

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

The art for this game is amazing.
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Apr 14 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #11

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

This game sounds great.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Apr 14 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #12

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

I might buy it. I just haven't played the original since I beat it. I hope it has a better re-play value...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zen
post Apr 16 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,460

That image looks insane.

I'm unsure about getting this one, the first one must have been one of the most boring games I've ever played. Graphics were brilliant in the first one, the only redeeming feature for me. That, and the "silent stab" - awesome.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
GLC
post Apr 16 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #14

Anus.
Group Icon

Member No.: 38,852

Hmm.... I'll most probably get this.....
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mr Pink
post Apr 17 2009, 01:19 AM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 37,108

Besides being extremely repetitive and having an extremely overdone story line I enjoyed the original Assassin's Creed. I must admit the teaser got me hyped for the 2nd game, so I might have to keep my eye out on this one.

Also Ubisoft just released a new teaser for the game

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48084.html

This post has been edited by Mr Pink: Apr 17 2009, 01:21 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post May 1 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #16

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Check out these screenshots and try not to ejaculate.
http://www.mondoxbox.com/immagini.php?game=616
Achievements

+Quote Post
aussie_b8ler
post May 1 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,947

Tried, and failed.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post May 1 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #18

Snitch

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 1 2009, 04:10 PM) [snapback]1499875[/snapback]
Check out these screenshots and try not to ejaculate.
http://www.mondoxbox.com/immagini.php?game=616

the graphics are pretty much like the first one, im not that impressed.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post May 1 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

It still looks amazing. I sure when you are actually playing it, it will look better than the first.

edit

I appears that there is night and day now.

This post has been edited by Baby Fark Marney-zax: May 1 2009, 11:03 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post May 2 2009, 05:08 AM
Post #20

Snitch

QUOTE(Baby Fark Marney-zax @ May 1 2009, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1499900[/snapback]
It still looks amazing. I sure when you are actually playing it, it will look better than the first.

edit

I appears that there is night and day now.

lol

that is written on the post YOU started :P

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 12:08 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4