Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gun Control Claims More Victims
Leon Kennedy
post Apr 21 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #21

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,267

k, I'm new here, so let everyone flame the shit out of my response...

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. How many times have you seen a gun just jump off the table, load itself, point and shoot at someone? I'd guess never.

Gun control laws don't work. Fully automatic assault rifles have been illegal in the US for as long as I can remember, and people still get a hold of them and use them to kill each other.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 01:47 PM) *
Finally, I can do this:

In memory of Nanee. 9/1/1993 - 5/16/2009. Rest in Peace, little girl.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 23 2009, 01:52 AM
Post #22

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Apr 21 2009, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1497552[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ind• @ Apr 17 2009, 05:17 AM) [snapback]1496310[/snapback]
These sites aren't biased at all.

Good idea, attack the source, then you won't have to come up with a proper argument!
True the source is never relevant.

QUOTE(Marilyn.Manson @ Apr 21 2009, 01:26 PM) [snapback]1497559[/snapback]

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. How many times have you seen a gun just jump off the table, load itself, point and shoot at someone? I'd guess never.

Gun control laws don't work. Fully automatic assault rifles have been illegal in the US for as long as I can remember, and people still get a hold of them and use them to kill each other.
When was the last time you saw a kid kill 10 people with his bare hands?

Not that that's a conclusive argument on my end, but it's equally disingenuous.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Apr 23 2009, 06:39 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 38,184

When he says "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."it's obviously hyperbole. The point to be made, is that in the hands of law abiding citizens, guns do no damage (well, there are accidental shootings, but the scale of the problem is so minor that they aren't even mentioned in the US government's health reports), and it's impossible to stop them from falling in to the hands of criminals.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 23 2009, 06:53 AM
Post #24

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

[youtube]xv-2XYOtgCg[/youtube]
Guns Don't Kill - Rappers Do ^
Achievements

+Quote Post
Leon Kennedy
post Apr 23 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #25

Nobody Special

QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 22 2009, 08:52 PM) [snapback]1497989[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Apr 21 2009, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1497552[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ind• @ Apr 17 2009, 05:17 AM) [snapback]1496310[/snapback]
These sites aren't biased at all.

Good idea, attack the source, then you won't have to come up with a proper argument!
True the source is never relevant.

QUOTE(Marilyn.Manson @ Apr 21 2009, 01:26 PM) [snapback]1497559[/snapback]

Not that that's a conclusive argument on my end, but it's equally disingenuous.

What I meant is that guns don't kill people on their own. People wielding guns kill people.

As far as your reference to the 10 year old killing someone with his or her bare hands, I have no response other than I can't believe you asked that. You obviously didn't understand what I was trying to say. dry.gif

--------------------
Finally, I can do this:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 23 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #26

Godfather
Group Icon

I still blame rappers.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Leon Kennedy
post Apr 23 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #27

Nobody Special

QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 23 2009, 11:38 AM) [snapback]1498117[/snapback]
I still blame rappers.

For what? Making guns sound cool? If so, then you should blame Dungeons & Dragons for making killing mythical creatures cool. You could blame rock & roll for sensationalizing sex and drugs. While you're at it, why don't you piss on the constitution because it gives people the right to bear arms? I know you have the right to your opinion, and that you have the right to speak your mind. That's all fine and dandy, but to blame the gun problem on rappers is short-sighted and inane.

This post has been edited by Marilyn.Manson: Apr 23 2009, 07:40 PM

--------------------
Finally, I can do this:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Apr 23 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #28

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Apr 12 2009, 04:06 AM) [snapback]1495239[/snapback]
I really can't be arsed arguing endlessly about whether gun control kills more people or not. All I'll say is that in Australia, where we have strict gun control laws, I can't think of any school shootings, and only a handful of armed mass murders.

Same with Canada.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 23 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #29

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE(Marilyn.Manson @ Apr 23 2009, 08:39 PM) [snapback]1498179[/snapback]
I still blame rappers.

For what? Making guns sound cool? If so, then you should blame Dungeons & Dragons for making killing mythical creatures cool. You could blame rock & roll for sensationalizing sex and drugs. While you're at it, why don't you piss on the constitution because it gives people the right to bear arms? I know you have the right to your opinion, and that you have the right to speak your mind. That's all fine and dandy, but to blame the gun problem on rappers is short-sighted and inane.

Fucking hell man! Get real I've already had my say, its a fucking joke - do you really think thats my opinion?
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Apr 23 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #30

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

I hate the way rap music takes the rap (lol) for gun violence, maybe gangsta rap yes, but there are many subgenres of rap that don't involve lyrics about guns, sure there are plenty that mention guns in a way that mocks the gangsta imagery and glorification of guns.

Anyway that's my semi-serious opinion.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Mattay
post Apr 24 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #31

Do Boy
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19,171
PSN Name: PM me

Aw fuck. This is why I've been an NRA member the last four years...

The only thing excessive gun control does is limit the law-abiding citizen from protecting himself. You could ban guns, and criminals would still be able to get hold of them. And if Obama and that fucking whore Nancy Pelosi think they're going to take away my guns, they can fuck off. It's my American right to keep them. </hillbilly mattay>

--------------------

click my sig for a good time.
Thanks to D-O for the sig
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Apr 24 2009, 02:08 AM
Post #32

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

QUOTE(Mattay @ Apr 23 2009, 09:51 PM) [snapback]1498272[/snapback]
</American mattay>

fix'd

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Leon Kennedy
post Apr 24 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #33

Nobody Special

QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 23 2009, 02:48 PM) [snapback]1498186[/snapback]
I still blame rappers.

Fucking hell man! Get real I've already had my say, its a fucking joke - do you really think thats my opinion?

Being that I am new here and that I don't know anyone yet (nor do I know how they think and act), I can't say if I know that it's your opinion or not. For the time being, and until I get to know people out here, I have to take what you say at face value (unless what you say is blatantly and obviously a joke). In the case of your statement about rappers, there was no indication in this thread or your post to indicate that you were joking.

If it isn't your opinion that rap music is to be blamed for gun violence, then why did you post that it should be?

--------------------
Finally, I can do this:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 24 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #34

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE(Marilyn.Manson @ Apr 24 2009, 12:59 PM) [snapback]1498307[/snapback]
I still blame rappers.

Being that I am new here and that I don't know anyone yet (nor do I know how they think and act), I can't say if I know that it's your opinion or not. For the time being, and until I get to know people out here, I have to take what you say at face value (unless what you say is blatantly and obviously a joke). In the case of your statement about rappers, there was no indication in this thread or your post to indicate that you were joking.

If it isn't your opinion that rap music is to be blamed for gun violence, then why did you post that it should be?

Because it was a fucking joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooke!!!!!!!
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Apr 24 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #35

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

QUOTE(Marilyn.Manson @ Apr 24 2009, 12:59 PM) [snapback]1498307[/snapback]
I still blame rappers.

I have no idea why but I read that with the voice of Michael Jackson in my head, seems to make more sense that way.

On the issue of guns and shiz, no one should have them, but if they are already there you might as well just restrict the high powered ones, because as people are saying the criminals will still be able to get hold of all sorts so if everyone can have low powered ones for defence, then that will solve that problem without giving everyone snipers.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Apr 25 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(psychÝ @ Apr 25 2009, 02:29 AM) [snapback]1498388[/snapback]
no one should have them

Of course they should. Just presenting guns stop thousands of crime every year. Why should people not have them?

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 25 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #37

Godfather
Group Icon

This video dates from before the election of
Obama and tells you his views on gun control in the US.
[youtube]pk9GwXJNM2c[/youtube]
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Apr 26 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #38

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Apr 25 2009, 02:42 PM) [snapback]1498570[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Apr 25 2009, 02:29 AM) [snapback]1498388[/snapback]
no one should have them

Of course they should. Just presenting guns stop thousands of crime every year. Why should people not have them?

Because people are morons.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Apr 26 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #39

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

Weeell, I gotta say Hitler did gun control, and look how that turned out.
Achievements

+Quote Post
new major on the...
post Apr 26 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #40

Pickpocket

Member No.: 34,134
PSN Name: ARCHmajor

Banning guns or ammunition is never gonna solve theproblem. Crimminals are always gonna be just that. I love my 11 guns alot. And i plan to get more. people need to get off their damn high horse that have them thinking that they, because it seems to make society in their view more sophisticated and evolved if no one owns guns, is the only answer. IT ISN'T! Guns will always be around so get used to them. And if by some chance, as unlikely it will be, that guns were banned at least in the U.S., then we will start making our own. A world without weapons is only a perfect world for robots, not people. It is in our blood to kill, to engage in a hunt, to take any measure to protect ourselves. Fact is you have the right not to buy guns if you so choose. And when it comes down to it, the same guy or group of guys that try to rob you at gun point will also take the same chance robbing you at knife point. And when it comes to close quarters you are more likely to survive a gun assult than a knife assult. It doesn't make them any less dangerous of society any more safe when you remove someones right to carry a gun for protection or own one to protect their home.
If you wanna live in a world without guns, then i wanna live in a world without you. I think i would be safer, who knows what other freedoms hobbies or vices you would want to take away from me once guns are gone.
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 11:21 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4