Heartless
post Mar 27 2009, 02:19 AM
Post #1

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

I feel sick.

Obama has been working towards making this normal, even for active members.

Vomits.

WASHINGTON, March 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The leader of the nation's largest veterans organization says he is "deeply disappointed and concerned" after a meeting with President Obama today to discuss a proposal to force private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans who have suffered service-connected disabilities and injuries. The Obama administration recently revealed a plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in such cases.

"It became apparent during our discussion today that the President intends to move forward with this unreasonable plan," said Commander David K. Rehbein of The American Legion. "He says he is looking to generate $540-million by this method, but refused to hear arguments about the moral and government-avowed obligations that would be compromised by it."

The Commander, clearly angered as he emerged from the session said, "This reimbursement plan would be inconsistent with the mandate ' to care for him who shall have borne the battle' given that the United States government sent members of the armed forces into harm's way, and not private insurance companies. I say again that The American Legion does not and will not support any plan that seeks to bill a veteran for treatment of a service connected disability at the very agency that was created to treat the unique need of America's veterans!"

Commander Rehbein was among a group of senior officials from veterans service organizations joining the President, White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel, Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki and Steven Kosiak, the overseer of defense spending at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). The group's early afternoon conversation at The White House was precipitated by a letter of protest presented to the President earlier this month. The letter, co-signed by Commander Rehbein and the heads of ten colleague organizations, read, in part, " There is simply no logical explanation for billing a veteran's personal insurance for care that the VA has a responsibility to provide. While we understand the fiscal difficulties this country faces right now, placing the burden of those fiscal problems on the men and women who have already sacrificed a great deal for this country is unconscionable."

Commander Rehbein reiterated points made last week in testimony to both House and Senate Veterans' Affairs Committees. It was stated then that The American Legion believes that the reimbursement plan would be inconsistent with the mandate that VA treat service-connected injuries and disabilities given that the United States government sends members of the armed forces into harm's way, and not private insurance companies. The proposed requirement for these companies to reimburse the VA would not only be unfair, says the Legion, but would have an adverse impact on service-connected disabled veterans and their families. The Legion argues that, depending on the severity of the medical conditions involved, maximum insurance coverage limits could be reached through treatment of the veteran's condition alone. That would leave the rest of the family without health care benefits. The Legion also points out that many health insurance companies require deductibles to be paid before any benefits are covered. Additionally, the Legion is concerned that private insurance premiums would be elevated to cover service-connected disabled veterans and their families, especially if the veterans are self-employed or employed in small businesses unable to negotiate more favorable across-the-board insurance policy pricing. The American Legion also believes that some employers, especially small businesses, would be reluctant to hire veterans with service-connected disabilities due to the negative impact their employment might have on obtaining and financing company health care benefits.

"I got the distinct impression that the only hope of this plan not being enacted," said Commander Rehbein, "is for an alternative plan to be developed that would generate the desired $540-million in revenue. The American Legion has long advocated for Medicare reimbursement to VA for the treatment of veterans. This, we believe, would more easily meet the President's financial goal. We will present that idea in an anticipated conference call with White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel in the near future.

"I only hope the administration will really listen to us then. This matter has far more serious ramifications than the President is imagining," concluded the Commander.

SOURCE The American Legion

This post has been edited by Heartless: Mar 27 2009, 02:22 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Mar 27 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,310

Okay, I'm all for giving Obama a fair shake, but that is FUCKED up. Yes, let's shrug off our duties to the people onto private corporations and make it unfair to them and the people.

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)
Dancin' on a landmine baby one leg left, I can still crawl and I'm not dead yet. You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet.

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)
Have a scripture to recite, but make your own path.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Mar 30 2009, 03:16 AM
Post #3

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I guess everyone who is worried about Obama wanting to socialize medical care can all breath a big sigh of relief!

I'm sure that this won't pass congress.... if it does the only change we'll see is higher insurance costs....

btw, problems in VA hospitals are nothing new.... my brother was born in one 21 years ago.... My mother told them she was sure he was breached (up side down) but they didn't listen to her. 6 weeks before her due date she went it because she felt sick.. the told her not to worry about it... On the due date my they found out at the last second that my brother was breached, that my mom was extremely sick, and that they needed to perform surgery to complete the birth...

its nothing new...

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 30 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #4

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Where's werewolf?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Mar 30 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #5

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

Lol hail small government.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Apr 3 2009, 03:55 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 38,184

I agree with Rush. I hope this man fails in everything he wants to do, because everything he wants to do seems to involve everyone paying more taxes, with the working poor fitting the bill for the poor unemployed.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 22 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #7

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Obama is more of a puppet than Bush was, any decision he supposedly makes is not his decision. I Pity the fools who fell for his lies and voted for him.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 23 2009, 12:39 AM
Post #8

Scam Artist
Group Icon

[citation needed]

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 23 2009, 12:57 AM
Post #9

Godfather
Group Icon

[youtube]eAaQNACwaLw[/youtube]

This post has been edited by marney1: Apr 23 2009, 03:03 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 23 2009, 01:49 AM
Post #10

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Cute. A bunch of disparate shady-looking events that really have nothing to do with each other, and the fact that he has lobbyists pressuring him.

THIS IS ALL NEW AND SHOCKING INFORMATION.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 23 2009, 02:07 AM
Post #11

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 23 2009, 02:49 AM) [snapback]1497988[/snapback]
Cute. A bunch of disparate shady-looking events that really have nothing to do with each other, and the fact that he has lobbyists pressuring him.

THIS IS ALL NEW AND SHOCKING INFORMATION.

This will be new information for some people.

Its for people to watch and make their own mind up if he's a liar or not.

This post has been edited by marney1: Apr 23 2009, 04:01 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Apr 23 2009, 02:50 AM
Post #12

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

Okay its April 22nd. Where is this....whatever its supposed to be at?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 23 2009, 03:05 AM
Post #13

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Apr 23 2009, 03:50 AM) [snapback]1497997[/snapback]
Okay its April 22nd. Where is this....whatever its supposed to be at?

Where? What? Which?
Achievements

+Quote Post
LoonaTyk1
post Aug 17 2009, 03:34 AM
Post #14

Do Boy

Member No.: 52,364

not that i was a mccain fan , but i sure as hell didnt vote for obama . i'm tired of both parties and the way they try to run the country . i'm for small government . not that america is perfect but i fear obama's going to ruin our great country .

--------------------
LoonaTyk1
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Aug 17 2009, 08:51 AM
Post #15

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE(LoonaTyk1 @ Aug 17 2009, 04:34 AM) [snapback]1518316[/snapback]
not that i was a mccain fan , but i sure as hell didnt vote for obama . i'm tired of both parties and the way they try to run the country . i'm for small government . not that america is perfect but i fear obama's going to ruin our great country .

Anyone who thinks Obama makes decisions is a fool, it doesn't matter which party is in 'power' the president is still someone elses puppet and the more you listen to Obama the more you can see he is just a front/actor.

This post has been edited by marney1: Aug 17 2009, 11:35 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
LoonaTyk1
post Aug 17 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #16

Do Boy

Member No.: 52,364

i think your right .

--------------------
LoonaTyk1
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zacko
post Aug 31 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #17

Vandal
Group Icon

Member No.: 54

QUOTE(marney1 @ Aug 17 2009, 09:51 AM) [snapback]1518335[/snapback]
QUOTE(LoonaTyk1 @ Aug 17 2009, 04:34 AM) [snapback]1518316[/snapback]

Anyone who thinks Obama makes decisions is a fool, it doesn't matter which party is in 'power' the president is still someone elses puppet and the more you listen to Obama the more you can see he is just a front/actor.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Sep 3 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #18

Scam Artist
Group Icon

I like how, however inane general discourse gets, I can trust this forum to outdo it.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Sep 3 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 38,184

Fuck you mello, you liberal douche. You're gay and smell bad.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 09:46 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4