> What's Your Best Sniper Position?
Marney1
post Mar 16 2009, 02:49 AM
Post #1

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

Can't seem to find anything to do with sniping on this forum so I thought I'd start this one. I like laying low tucked out the way somewhere in multiplayer with my sniper rifle and capping as many as possible until everyone gets so pissed off at me they end up ganging up on me and attack me as a mob.

Anyone know of a safe place to hide and stay alive?
(I usually like sniping at the airport).

On top of the big radar tower is a good spot but you're fucked if your heli gets taken out.

This post has been edited by marney1: Mar 16 2009, 08:58 AM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Mar 16 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #2

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Yeah that's pretty much what I do. Grab a combat sniper, rockets (to fend off helicopters/whoever) and I usually find grenades on my way. Then find a nice rooftop or other spot out of the way and have fun.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Mar 16 2009, 09:39 AM
Post #3

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

Anything that obscures you from view and allows a clear line of fire will do for me, the subway stations are good to crouch in so you're just above the ground. Personally, staying in one spot and sniping is a bad move, you take a few shots and move away to avoid retaliation. Especially if the person you've just killed spawns right behind you.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 16 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #4

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i don't like sniping in GTAIV, i end up leaving myself exposed and vulnerable... i am much better at runnin' n gunnin'... but sometimes, like in bohan, sniping from near a sort of highway overpass seems to be a good spot since, it is usually in the middle of the action but then again, you leave yourself open to attacks from all sides...

i have to stay on the move if i am to have success in deathmatch/team deathmatch... and i never get in a car either... i'll run across the map if i have to... cars are literally deathtraps...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 16 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #5

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

My favorite sniper position is on top of the Majestic hotel, both in singleplayer and multi. It's not so great for picking people off on the ground as it is cops and people trying to access the rooftop via helicopters. There are a few places where you can snipe peds/cops on the ground and in Middle Park, but the high rooftop makes it difficult to draw on people on the streets below.

In Team Deathmatch, I use the sniper rifle on the ground to pick off people distracted by my teammates. I never use it too long, I prefer to get up close and personal with the D'eagle.
Achievements

+Quote Post
new major on the...
post Mar 17 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #6

Pickpocket

Member No.: 34,134
PSN Name: ARCHmajor

You do have to stay mobile when sniping. When im at the airport, i'll sneak on top of the roof and do some quick sniping and then move to outside the match, i'll park a car under a plane and move by the wheel and take out a few on the ground that are running around murdering each other by the tower. Then i'll move around the airport in my fast car and go to the second heli pad on the roof of the police station to stay out of view of anyone in the parking lots and pick off the snipers who land on top of the hangers, they never seem to look that way, they are too focused on the runway, picking people off. And yes any subway station entrance is good along with crane towers to see people coming, cause when they get too close for the rifle you can just switch to an m-16 to deal with them. The eleveted rail tracks make a good spot sometimes, especially when you need to make a quick escape on to a neighboring roof top to get out of danger. Lastly i'll sometimes sit on top of the tall building with the 24 logo on it in broker. Allows me to wait to see what heads my way, and have sniped plenty a few blocks away in car or out.
Achievements

+Quote Post
j0ey_F1nG4z
post Mar 21 2009, 04:54 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 49,830

personal fetish of mine is to go into the hospital and kill everyone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Mar 21 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #8

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE(j0ey_F1nG4z @ Mar 21 2009, 04:54 AM) [snapback]1491409[/snapback]

And this relates to a best sniping position, how?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 23 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #9

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(ViceMan @ Mar 21 2009, 10:32 AM) [snapback]1491446[/snapback]
QUOTE(j0ey_F1nG4z @ Mar 21 2009, 04:54 AM) [snapback]1491409[/snapback]

And this relates to a best sniping position, how?

It doesn't.

Another good spot is Pier 69 from up ontop of the balconies.
Achievements

+Quote Post
new major on the...
post Apr 10 2009, 02:28 AM
Post #10

Pickpocket

Member No.: 34,134
PSN Name: ARCHmajor

But i would say that my favorite position is atop the the hanger to the back right of the helicopters, that usually has the sniper rifle on top. I spent about an hour up there one day last week just slaughtering people. It finally took a team of people in free mode to finally take me out and that was because i had no armor on for that whole hour either. I was quickly picking off people in cars driving and then cleaning up all the guys on foot who seem to think that by running back and forth will somehow keep them alive. Then i quickly moved to the west end of the hanger and took out blindly anyone who tried to get in the other chopper on top of the LCPD building. And for close spawners to me i used the trusty rocket launcher to remove them from the area.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Slyke57
post Jul 30 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 54,746

I just hide behind anything that will block me from the enemies view..
It all depends on my situation, if my target is running away I just shoot from where I am standing.
Otherwise I choose my position depending on incoming enemies and such.

Sometimes I crouch and shoot through car windshields because they don't expect it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 30 2009, 01:31 AM
Post #12

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Lately I've enjoyed crouching behind the rocks along the shoreline at the airport watching my radar for victims then run upto the verge and take them out then go back and wait again.
It suits me to take my time because I'm normally playing late at night while listening to the phone in on my local radio station and laughing at angry jews on this here forum.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:47 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4