Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GTA SA Out Of Range error
Jay74
post Feb 25 2007, 04:11 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,077

Hello everyone I'm New to the forums and I'm having a problem. Recently I put in Gta SA to play it alittle and I got an out of

range message. My spec are Amd Athlon 2.09 processor 1 gig ram Radeon X1600 Pro Two 120 gig Hdd's and a soundblaster

24bit live Sound Card. My Monitor is a 17 inch Westinghouse LCD Flat Screen Pretty Standard nothing fancy.Ok the exact

message I get is when I start the game the screen goes black like normal then A red box pops up saying Out Of Range with a

big Square with a ! inside. Then underneath it says in this order H:74.9KHz, V:60Hz, Max:1280x1024. The stumper is is that I

HAVE THE LATEST DRIVERS for everything I've had no cpu problems and haven't made any drastic changes to my pc since the

last time I played it which was about a month ago. My current resolution is 1024x768 at 32bit color. My DPI is 96(normal) and

my refresh rate is 60 Hertz. I've tried other games like Hitman Blood money, Max Payne 2, Painkiller and Fear and they all work

with no problem. I tried different resolutions and Uninstalling\Reinstalling the game and still got the problem. When I get the

error message I can still hear the game in the background the sound,music,Etc.... but I can't see anything but the error and I

have to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to exit. If anyone has any troubleshooting on this problem I appreciate it. Thanks in Advance.

,Jay
Attached File  DSC03625usecroped.jpg ( 122.05K ) Number of downloads: 5
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nec
post Feb 25 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 29,610

Try changing your monitor resolution to 1024x768, and the refresh rate to 70 or so and see if that helps.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Jay74
post Feb 25 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 35,077

QUOTE(Nec @ Feb 25 2007, 04:21 AM) [snapback]1305234[/snapback]
Try changing your monitor resolution to 1024x768, and the refresh rate to 70 or so and see if that helps.

Thanks for your reply I tried all resolutions I could handle, several refresh rates and even the compatibility modes and still nothing. I also went into regedit and looked around but came up empty or at least I didn't see anything! Thanks for the help though!

I Fixed the problem YES!!!!!! In my continuing search to find the answer I went into the my documents GTA San Andreas User Files Folder where save files and user track files are located and there was a file called gta_sa.set I had seen the file before when the game was working so I didn't think twice about it at first. Then I thought maybe .set stands for settings DUH! SO I saved the file to another folder(just in case), deleted it and restarted the game and it worked the game came up. It's very odd but it works now so thanks to everyone for your help in the matter:)

This post has been edited by Jay74: Feb 25 2007, 06:49 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Nec
post Feb 26 2007, 04:46 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 29,610

Excellent! Glad you got it figured out. This will be a god one to remember, for sure. Going to bookmark it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bluh
post Mar 5 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,210

i agree. was reading it/thinking the set file needed to be deleted. glad to see it worked out!

--------------------
"oh C.J., youse a playa's right hand baby!"
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:22 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4