IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Discuss The Awesome...
bOnEs
post Feb 24 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #21

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

so, does it usually take a while to level up? i played for about 4-5 hours last night, and i don't even think i am 25% to my first level up... i did the first main quest of delivering the amulet to that jeffrey dude... but, i also have about 8 other quests that i have discovered... might try a few of those tonight...

i don't really want to explore any caves or forests because, my little elf can't carry much weight, therefor, i can't loot a bunch of items to make money... is there a safe place to store items until i get my own house? because, i am carrying extra weight with some of these items i don't really want to sell but, i need the extra weight removed temporarily for exploring purposes...

also, i see there are certain rules to certain guilds like the thieves... one of their rules is i cannot kill any human/elf/orc/cat/etc without upsetting the guild... so, how do i approach my everyday well being if i can't kill any enemies? or does this only apply to the friendly NPC's? and if one of the other guilds tells me to kill someone, won't that upset the thieves? this whole "guild" thing is starting to confuse me laugh.gif... too many rules to follow that seem to contradict another guilds rules...

i am thinking of trying out my skills in the arena too... looks like some good fun biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Feb 24 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #22

Clepto

Group: Members
Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

Its only friendlies that upset them haha.

And to level up you need to increase your major skills up 10 points.
Unlike fallout where killing is all that got you xp, you actually have to train in skills on this game haha.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 24 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Feb 24 2009, 05:10 PM) [snapback]1486685[/snapback]

Unlike fallout where killing is all that got you xp, you actually have to train in skills on this game haha.

all of my major skills? i think i have like 6 or 8 or something of major skills... how do you know they've hit 10 points, is it when the bar is red? wow, that might take some time to get all of those skills up... i might be at level 1 for a while, which is a good thing i seem to keep reading about with the whole complex leveling system laugh.gif...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Feb 24 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #24

Clepto

Haha each major skill has a red bar beside it, and when that levels up, that give 1 point to the 10 you need to level up.

Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it!

Oh, and if you have a decent enough PC(runs games from like 2001) I'd pick up the one that came before Oblivion.
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Its slower, last gen, but I have, at last 250 hours put toward that game.
I have many memories from that one.
But definitely, for backstory on TES universe go to the Imperial Library website.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post Feb 24 2009, 11:45 PM
Post #25

Pickpocket

Member No.: 870

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 24 2009, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1486699[/snapback]

all of my major skills? i think i have like 6 or 8 or something of major skills... how do you know they've hit 10 points, is it when the bar is red? wow, that might take some time to get all of those skills up... i might be at level 1 for a while, which is a good thing i seem to keep reading about with the whole complex leveling system laugh.gif...

Read the manual. It explains a lot. Also read the tutorial at the games beginning, it also helps.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 25 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(Kuwong @ Feb 24 2009, 06:45 PM) [snapback]1486718[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 24 2009, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1486699[/snapback]

Read the manual. It explains a lot. Also read the tutorial at the games beginning, it also helps.

i did do all of that... but, after some exploring and tinkering with items, i am starting to get a better understanding of the game... i'm more of a hands-on kind of guy... i need to try things out before i get a good idea... reading doesn't always help biggrin.gif...

i did some more exploring yesterday... used some religious guys horse that he let me borrow, and did a circle around the imperial city island, discovering some new locations... also went to brhuma (sp?) because, i finally got into the thieves guild... now i have like 12-14 quests laugh.gif...

also did some fighting in the arena... now that's really fun!! also exploited the arena betting where i would load a previous save if my guy didn't win the match... i only did that long enough to earn enough money to buy the imperial city shack to store items in (2000g, and because the game should of at least given you a free hotel room or small shack to start out with... coming up with 2000g in the infant stages of the game is impossible)... the problem with that though is, the house came with no storage bins!! so, after some quick research online as to where i could buy these items, i discovered that i could steal one of the storage upgrades from some guys house in the elven district so, i did that... now i can finally do some exploring/scavaging/looting without getting over-encumbered so fast...

question: can i store the notes that indicate house upgrades in my house? or do i have to carry them at all times? they have a weight to them so, if i can unload them in a chest, i'd love to do so... plus, if i were to ever get arrested, i think the guards would take that note too since, it's labeled as a stolen item, which means i would lose those storage containers and everything in 'em, right?

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 25 2009, 04:38 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Feb 25 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #27

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

I don't think you need the card anymore, just place it in a drawer or something. When you get arrested you only lose the stolen items on you, but then you can just steal them back if you have high enough sneak and lock picking skill. Sneaking is your friend, don't forget, attacking someone with sneak from behind is really powerful, especially as an assasin. Should be one of your primary attacks. To level up you need to go to sleep btw. Took me ages to figure that out loll. Now you've got a house, do some exploring and hit the caves, you can find quite alot of good stuff out there.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 25 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(IndĽ @ Feb 25 2009, 02:00 PM) [snapback]1486920[/snapback]
I don't think you need the card anymore, just place it in a drawer or something. When you get arrested you only lose the stolen items on you, but then you can just steal them back if you have high enough sneak and lock picking skill. Sneaking is your friend, don't forget, attacking someone with sneak from behind is really powerful, especially as an assasin. Should be one of your primary attacks. To level up you need to go to sleep btw. Took me ages to figure that out loll. Now you've got a house, do some exploring and hit the caves, you can find quite alot of good stuff out there.

right, i was just worried that if i got arrested with that stolen extra storage card on me, they'd take my storage bins... i'll just leave it in the crate for now and see what happens...

yea, i am totally gonna hit up some caves tonight... maybe even some castle ruins too... i've been wanting to get into the whole battling aspect but, i've stuck to the main roads for the most part, trying to avoid the encounters as much as possible but, i obviously had to deal with the enemies on the paths... and i raided a couple of camps too... but now i think i am totally ready to see what the world has to offer off the main roads biggrin.gif...

my guy is fully decked out in leather armor, head to toe... i don't think there's anything else out there right now, with my current level being at 1 still, that would be any better so, i think i am ready with just a shortsword/shield combo and my trusty arrows biggrin.gif...

EDIT: i was a little worried earlier in this thread when i noticed that my character was a lot shorter than most... as much as almost 2 head lengths with the orcs... but, yesterday i learned that the guy you place bets with in the arena is actually a wood elf too... the problem is, HE'S STILL TALLER THAN ME!! laugh.gif... only by a couple of inches but, i think i've come to the conclusion that i made my character just a little too young or something because, i didn't see no height adjustment meter when creating the elf...

it's cool tho, it just adds more mystique to my tiny little assassin elf biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 25 2009, 11:02 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Feb 25 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #29

Vandal

Yeah, you're gonna want to travel in sneak mode for your initial attacks because you're light armour class. If you travel constantly in sneak mode eventually you'll become really fast. Also, stealing is like my favourite aspect of the game, light armour boots make hardly any sound when they sneak so you've got an advantage.

A tip for stealing, find a shop with valuable contents and sneak up to the owner and steal his/her key while their back is turned. Save before you try this, but when you eventually get the key; wait until night and when the shop owner goes to the pub/bar/house, enter the shop with the key you stole, and everything inside is yours! Don't worry if you're over encumbered, you can always come back the next night.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 25 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(IndĽ @ Feb 25 2009, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1487022[/snapback]
Yeah, you're gonna want to travel in sneak mode for your initial attacks because you're light armour class. If you travel constantly in sneak mode eventually you'll become really fast. Also, stealing is like my favourite aspect of the game, light armour boots make hardly any sound when they sneak so you've got an advantage.

A tip for stealing, find a shop with valuable contents and sneak up to the owner and steal his/her key while their back is turned. Save before you try this, but when you eventually get the key; wait until night and when the shop owner goes to the pub/bar/house, enter the shop with the key you stole, and everything inside is yours! Don't worry if you're over encumbered, you can always come back the next night.

lol yea, learned that trick from fallout 3... pickpocketing keys off of NPC's biggrin.gif... and i've actually already broken into some houses to loot stuff from... haven't tried a shop yet so, i am gonna keep that in mind biggrin.gif...

if you take their inventory off the shelves and in bins with the key, do they close up shop, or do they get in new merchandise? and if that's the case, does the items you stole, regenerate back on the shelves? hmm...

EDIT: my leather boots make a lot of noise... maybe it's because my sneak skills are still really low (level 1, remember) but, with the arrows, i noticed i was still able to take out enemies before they spotted me usually... i noticed this during the prison break... i think i'll be fine since for the most part, even in fallout 3, i wandered through most indoor areas in sneak mode... it's a good habit to have, especially if your trying to be a sneaky little bastard laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 25 2009, 11:21 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Feb 26 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #31

Vandal

Steal everything loll. It doesnt affect their inventory of what they sell you.
I used to take my boots off when trying to sneak. Also, try to get into the Dark Brotherhood, some NPCs will hint how to get in if you listen to their conversations with other NPCs.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 26 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #32

i actually stumbled upon a dark brotherhood ancient door in an abandoned house in cheydinhal... however, i'm afriad i'll be doing very evil deeds like killing friendly's, and probably piss off the thieves guild... i may wait until after i finish up their quests because, the thieves guild is the ultimate guild for my character... it's the one he was meant to be a part of biggrin.gif...

looted the hell out of a couple houses in imperial city... found two more house upgrades for free (wonder if all houses can have their upgrades stolen like this one?) and a copper ring, which was worth the most when i sold my hot goods...

ventured into a couple of forts and a mine... found some "decent" loot, nothing too special though... however, those did help me advance a couple levels... i am now at level 3... fun though, was very easy to play as a silent assassin in these dark halls and caves... i was picking off the enemies well before most of them even saw me...

finally did a deep probe of the forest areas... well, just in one area but, it had to do with the quest from chorrol that had you reunite twin brothers... well anyways, on my way through the forest to this house they want to live in again (that had an orc problem), i found this town called, hackdirt, buried in the middle of the forest... a bunch stubborn bastards live here, they just wanted me to leave... i overheard a couple of them talking about some meeting in the evening where they'll discuss the new stranger (me)... so, i followed them all into the chapel in the evening but, they instructed me to leave immediately... i'll head back to chorrol and ask around town, to see if anyone knows what the deal is... there was a very very interesting book inside their chapel though... talked about a new way of living they discovered on the first page, and how 10 or 12 people witnessed the signing (odd)... then, the rest of the book was written in a very creepy alien-like language... this town has definitely gotten my attention... very intriguing...

found aleswell too laugh.gif... and all is not well with that little settlement... i thought i was witnessing a glitch when i first arrived... i saw a ground tiller moving up and down by itself, thought i was seeing a funny glitch... but, when i got closer, i realized it was a CLOAKED GUY!! lol, got the quest from there but, might not do it till later... i've got too many quests to do right now biggrin.gif... lol, even their sheep were cloaked!! i saw the blurbs moving along the road... i thought i was being followed but saw nothing... then the blurbs moved past me and i saw it said they were sheep... i had to LOL at that site laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 26 2009, 05:52 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 26 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #33

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Aleswell. all is not well. Funny.

That place sounds interesting, whereabouts is it Boney?

I'm investigating Hackdirt at the moment, those little fuckers are up to something. Also, you won't piss off the Thieves Guild by killing anyone during Dark Brotherhood. I've only pissed off another guild while killing for them, and that was Mages Guild (killed a Mage).

I'm glad you're enjoying it man, it's addictive business.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 26 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(The Asthenia @ Feb 26 2009, 02:24 PM) [snapback]1487207[/snapback]
Aleswell. all is not well. Funny.

That place sounds interesting, whereabouts is it Boney?

Attached File  aleswell.jpg ( 150.1K ) Number of downloads: 4

somewhere in this area...

well then, i might do the brotherhood quests then... the problem though is one of the ways to meet them is to kill a NPC... i'm just afraid that i might piss of the thieves guild because, one of their rules is to not kill anyone...

hackdirt is an interesting little community isn't it? there's definitely something fishy going on and i am gonna try to figure it out on my own, without a guide... my best guess is someone in chorrol knows something...

----

i'm having a blast with this game now... the first night felt awkward... the second night seemed confusing... but last night, things started clicking after i started leveling up, and venturing into forts and shit... i'm starting to get a hang of it, and it's really starting to feel rewarding and fun now...

lol, i can see how analog gave up after a couple of hours laugh.gif... it takes a couple of days to get the hang of it...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 26 2009, 07:50 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Feb 26 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #35

Vandal

You can kill NPCs whilst still in the theives guild, just not while you are on a mission for them. Progress through the theives guild to unlock better fences, fences have a maximum payout and sometimes you'll get way less than the item is worth if you're at a low fence. Don't forget to barter with the fences, get to know them well and you can trade for high percentages.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Feb 26 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #36

Clepto

Ah Hackdirt.

If you've read The Call of Cthulhu, everything going on in that town will make more sense.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 27 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #37

didn't get to play last night... my friends called to see if i was still alive, since i hadn't talked to them since i got the game laugh.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 28 2009, 01:05 AM
Post #38

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Friends and family! The bane of our gaming lives!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 28 2009, 01:55 AM
Post #39

ain't that the fucking truth... friends coming over in about a half hour, another night without oblivion... thankfully it sounds like i might have most of the weekend to myself though... so, i'll finally be able to get back to my REAL life, which is located in cyrodiil laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 28 2009, 01:57 AM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Mar 2 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #40

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

I've managed to turn this off for abit, playing through MGS4 at the moment. Then I've got GRID... and then... back to Oblivion, cause I have no other games. Awwhhhhh shiiiiit!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 08:03 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4