IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Discuss The Awesome...
asthenia
post Feb 22 2009, 01:14 PM
Post #1

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Well seeing as I know bOnEs is meant to be getting this soon, and a few of you already have it, lets talk about it here. I searched old Oblivion topics but none seemed worthy of reviving.

Most of you should know of UESP, I don't think I could live without it.

C'mon people, reload those old saves, start new ones... let's go to Oblivion. mellow.gif

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
TwoFacedTanner
post Feb 22 2009, 05:13 PM
Post #2

Clepto

Group: Members
Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

I love the Elder Scrolls series.
I've played them all...with the exception of Daggerfall.

Morrowind has to be my favorite though.

You should check out the Imperial Library read the stuff there, will give you an insight on how incredibly deep and detailed the Elder Scolls universe is.

Its almost like reading the history of an actual world.
Bethesda does an amazing job making their RPGs.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 22 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #3

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

I'm embarking on reading the history at the moment.
I'm going to play the other TES's, but my PC is currently FUBAR so I can't yet. I've got Oblivion on my PS3. Need to get Shivering Isles f'sho though.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 22 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #4

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i'm getting the "game of the year" edition, which includes all of the expansion... and HELL YEA!! i'll be posting some questions here for sure since, this game looks bigger than fallout 3... and i'll check out some of those sites too since i didn't buy the guide...

i get it monday in the mail so, probably that evening i'll be playing it finally...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Feb 22 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #5

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

I bought this for 16 bucks a couple weeks ago, hehe. Unfortunately I haven't done much. I'm gonna get back to it right now. As I posted in the Fallout topic, I'm disappointed in the lack of gore and you know, chopping shit off of people. But hey, this game came out 2 or 3 years ago. It's still amazing and great to look at. I'm sure it gets much better as I keep playing, cause I lost interest.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 22 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #6

i paid $28 for a new copy... did you get the game of the year edition, analog?

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 22 2009, 08:03 PM
Post #7

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 22 2009, 06:16 PM) [snapback]1486234[/snapback]
i'm getting the "game of the year" edition, which includes all of the expansion... and HELL YEA!! i'll be posting some questions here for sure since, this game looks bigger than fallout 3... and i'll check out some of those sites too since i didn't buy the guide...

i get it monday in the mail so, probably that evening i'll be playing it finally...

I'm 130 hrs in and I'm pretty far in the Guilds, except Fighters, I've done the odd job here and there, but the main quest I've not even properly gotten into yet. It's the exploring that really excites me. The life outside of quests, there wasn't much life outside of questing in Fallout. You'll love it dude. I haven't even got GOTY yet, I'm just playing plain ol' Oblivion (w/KotN ofc). Can't wait to see what kinda shit you come up with bOnEs, you were pretty much the life of the fallout topic.

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 22 2009, 06:34 PM) [snapback]1486240[/snapback]
I bought this for 16 bucks a couple weeks ago, hehe. Unfortunately I haven't done much. I'm gonna get back to it right now. As I posted in the Fallout topic, I'm disappointed in the lack of gore and you know, chopping shit off of people. But hey, this game came out 2 or 3 years ago. It's still amazing and great to look at. I'm sure it gets much better as I keep playing, cause I lost interest.

If you lose interest, that happened to me, I got 45 hours in and was like fuck this I hate Oblivion, then restarted recently and I won't even let other games look at my PS3, let alone will I touch them. It's immense.

-edit- By pretty far I mean finished in all except Fighters. Didn't realise.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Feb 22 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #8

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 22 2009, 10:59 AM) [snapback]1486247[/snapback]
i paid $28 for a new copy... did you get the game of the year edition, analog?

Nope. I wouldn't have ever thought of buying the game if it hadn't been such a steal. I saw Besethda Softworks on the cover and I'm like O SHIZA!!! Maybe if I find the expansion pack for as cheap, and actually play the game, I'll get it..

QUOTE(The Asthenia @ Feb 22 2009, 12:03 PM) [snapback]1486258[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 22 2009, 06:34 PM) [snapback]1486240[/snapback]

If you lose interest, that happened to me, I got 45 hours in and was like fuck this I hate Oblivion, then restarted recently and I won't even let other games look at my PS3, let alone will I touch them. It's immense.

I haven't even given the game a chance. I've just gone into the main city place and talked to some chick about a thief merchant guy. I have SO many other games I haven't beaten and the trophies on them are making them more worthwhile to play..

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Feb 23 2009, 03:59 AM
Post #9

Clepto

Bones a tip to you.
Beat the Knights of the Nine before the original main quest.

It makes the final battle in the main story more epic when you have knights with you.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post Feb 23 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #10

Pickpocket

Member No.: 870

This game is fantastic. Those who say its shit for not having gore, I'd hate to see your life.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Feb 23 2009, 04:39 PM
Post #11

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

One of my all time favourite games. I think i've clocked about 120 hours into it. First play through I was a Redgaurd, then I chose to be a Breton second time around. I love the beginning of RPG games, being a tramp and stealing rusty iron swords loll. Good times. Also, get the skeleton key as soon as possible, I think you have to be minimum level 10 or 15.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 23 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #12

ok, i want to be a humanoid silent assassin... what should my character choices be in the prison?

i was reading how in-depth the character creation is and how it's very important to get it right early on or you might regret your decisions later on... is a silent assassin really the best choice for a beginner to take (will i have trouble later in the game or not)? or should i go for the "barbarian" route and just hack and slash my way through the game? what's the best option for a guy just starting out?

i am sure i'll pry have to play the game again eventually, and will probably have a better understanding of the character creation the second time but, i wanna hit the ground running and never look back with my first file... no regrets...

if you need any additional information from me of how i might want to play this game to better understand which character i should choose, ask now or forever hold your peace... the game is sitting on my doorstep as we speak, and tonight i'm jumping in!! biggrin.gif no regrets (until i reach level 15 and notice that i can't kill enemies anymore, lol)...

EDIT: another question... does it make a difference where i hail from?

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 23 2009, 05:27 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Feb 23 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #13

Clepto

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 23 2009, 11:26 AM) [snapback]1486388[/snapback]
ok, i want to be a humanoid silent assassin... what should my character choices be in the prison?

i was reading how in-depth the character creation is and how it's very important to get it right early on or you might regret your decisions later on... is a silent assassin really the best choice for a beginner to take (will i have trouble later in the game or not)? or should i go for the "barbarian" route and just hack and slash my way through the game? what's the best option for a guy just starting out?

i am sure i'll pry have to play the game again eventually, and will probably have a better understanding of the character creation the second time but, i wanna hit the ground running and never look back with my first file... no regrets...

if you need any additional information from me of how i might want to play this game to better understand which character i should choose, ask now or forever hold your peace... the game is sitting on my doorstep as we speak, and tonight i'm jumping in!! biggrin.gif no regrets (until i reach level 15 and notice that i can't kill enemies anymore, lol)...

EDIT: another question... does it make a difference where i hail from?

Well, during the beginning prison escape, I'd say sneak everywhere and use your bow(or sword) if you want to be all sneaky.
Light armor too. So pick up the leather when you get it.

Sneaking is fun, so def go with that. Barbarianism is overrated and for newbies.

As far as where you come from, each race has racial powers and racial skill boosts.
Imperials are diplomats. (my race of choice) You get boosts in Mechantile, Speechcraft, Longsword and something else.
Nords are pretty much frost resistant Barbarians.
Orcs are Hill people with, if I remember correctly a berserk rage.
Bretons are the result of generations of mix breeding Nords and Altmer(high elves) so they can be combat or magical.
Altmer are pretty much Wizards, who are weak to just about all magic.
Bosmer(woodelf) are good for like sneaking and stuff, you may look into them.
Dunmer(Dark Elf) They use negative magics like destruction and conjuration. They're also good with bows and swords.
Redguards are similar to the Nords, but instead of strictly combat, they get boosts in Athletics and stuff. And the highest boost in swords of anyone.

The two beast races.

I don't really know what the Argonians are all about, never have.
But the Khajit, they're pretty much like the Bosmer, except they don't get a boost in bows.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 23 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #14

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Also, remember there's magic, and it might not be very appealing right now, but being Arch-Mage and not being able to cast standard spells is a bit... dumb?

Also, overall hours is now sitting at 190 for me now. 45 on one, 145 on other save.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 23 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #15

ok, got it figured out i think...

race: bosmer (wood elf)
class: stealth (assassin)
birthsign: thief

i like the idea of bosmer's being able to summon simple-minded land creatures to fight along side of them, and their supposedly great archery skills... but other than that, they seem to have this misunderstanding about themselves throughout the world... their practices don't seem to sit well with others, and they don't really have enemies nor allies... sounds like an ideal situation for an assassin...

i will try to learn at least some magic spells if i can... i do want to cast spells sometimes, rather than wasting arrows...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 23 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #16

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I love me some Fallout 3, but I just don't know if I could get into TES.

I have a few friends who swear by it, but it never seemed like my cup of tea. Maybe I'll rent it first, check it out.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 23 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #17

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Sounds good bones, there's some real nice arrows out there if you're looking to get into that, and enchanting them yourself (if you get access to The Arcane University.), defo give it a rent Stoic, it's prettay awesome. I thought I'd have a hard time going back to Oblivion from Fallout but I haven't touched Fallout since getting the ol' blade out.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 23 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #18

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I definitely got a few games lined up ahead of it, but I will probably end up picking this up eventually.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 24 2009, 02:57 AM
Post #19

ok, just stopped in to check out some quests in imperial city on that wiki site...

i'm checking because, WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?! i'm overwhelmed at the size of this game!! same feeling i got when i starting playing fallout 3... i must of walked into 12 shops already in imperial city... completely lost, walking in circles, lol biggrin.gif...

i picked the wood elves as my character and, are they suppose to be shorter than everyone else? laugh.gif...

i saw this wanted poster of a thief and i think i might go check that out... heard some rumors in town about him, getting kinda interested in checking into that... but first, i need to figure out what the hell my plans are from here... i'll pry walk around this city for a while, checking out as much as i can... who knows, maybe i'll stumble into something interesting like when this tall ass orc guy stood up in the bar and said he knew me... lol, i don't know anyone laugh.gif...

it's interesting thus far... i can tell it's building up steam as i journey deeper in... once i get used to the way things work like the menus, battle, magic, leveling, and overall feel, i might start to enjoy it even more... i've only just begun the journey biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 24 2009, 08:03 PM
Post #20

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Hehe. Wood elves.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 05:45 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4